Record collecting

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I've been on vacation for a few days, but I'm also a fan of the MoFi inners and I use the Sleeve City 2.5mil outers. The ritual is basically get a new LP (new or used), clean it, slip it into a MoFi and if there was no outer sleeve from a record store, or its beat up, I'll use a Sleeve City sleeve. I also use the poly-lined Sleeve City inner sleeves on 45s with their Ultimate 7" outers if it's a picture sleeve. I usually just stock up whenever Sleeve City has a 15% off sale.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I got my new table today:

d871dd597ceaee2df2d6eae401a79792.jpg

Easy to setup, nice to open a NEW TT for once in my life. It does NOT have detachable RCA wires. That's sorta annoying. But not enough to dislike the table. My preamp is always nearby. Could have been longer though.

Upon placing the needle down, music was only coming out of one speaker.one of the RCAs loosened up on my preamp when I was setting up. Phew!

But so far it sounds good, strobe platter is nice, table is heavy, and aesthetically it takes me back to my 1200.

I will wait a couple of weeks before coming up with a real judgement of it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
noice
surprised it even has 78rpm mode.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I got my new table today:

d871dd597ceaee2df2d6eae401a79792.jpg

Easy to setup, nice to open a NEW TT for once in my life. It does NOT have detachable RCA wires. That's sorta annoying. But not enough to dislike the table. My preamp is always nearby. Could have been longer though.

Upon placing the needle down, music was only coming out of one speaker.one of the RCAs loosened up on my preamp when I was setting up. Phew!

But so far it sounds good, strobe platter is nice, table is heavy, and aesthetically it takes me back to my 1200.

I will wait a couple of weeks before coming up with a real judgement of it.

She's a beaut Clark! I'm anxiously awaiting a review.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
AT120 is a solid table.

I have been using one at my work for 10 years.

I used it to transfer Self-Published and/or out-of-print LP's to CD for our audio collection.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
AT120 is a solid table.

I have been using one at my work for 10 years.

I agree, It's a solid table that get's the job done. I owned one for 2 weeks and liked it but ended up returning it for the LP1240. 2 weeks after that I returned the LP1240 and got a pair of Technic 1200's. The rest is history.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Well got my Mani today and it's blown me away. I probably should have swapped my old Art Dj preamp a long time ago.

9edd4dce74dbab09921d393451121a6f.jpg

This is worlds better, quieter with a more open soundstage. Perfect for countering the somewhat dark characteristic of my table

In other words based on my small time with it , it's a BUY. Should be noted that I haven't spent a extensive amount of time A/B'ing preamps. Your experience may differ.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
So I picked up the new 2015 reissues of Helloween's first two Keeper of the Seven Keys albums. I still don't have anything good to play them on, but they're two of my favorite albums of all time, and I wanted the art so bad.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Well got my Mani today and it's blown me away. I probably should have swapped my old Art Dj preamp a long time ago.

This is worlds better, quieter with a more open soundstage. Perfect for countering the somewhat dark characteristic of my table

In other words based on my small time with it , it's a BUY. Should be noted that I haven't spent a extensive amount of time A/B'ing preamps. Your experience may differ.

Nice stuff, a pre can make a huge difference in a TT setup.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Splatter looks great and the packaging is sharp. SoR2 might break their servers.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Splatter looks great and the packaging is sharp. SoR2 might break their servers.

Word.

It's the only one I want.

I suppose outrun might get this treatment as well. That might get me to buy one too.