NG:Dev Team - Latest MVS Status Updates?

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
So what's the latest on:

1. Gunlord MVS LE
2. Fast Striker 1.5 MVS 'reprint'
3. Last Hope, pink bullets MVS 'reprint'

I checked out the store website today and "zero" MVS items are for sale with no info on the above.

I think GL LE was pulled long ago but the other titles at least displayed 'pending' release dates. With no info available I'm wondering if anyone has the latest intel.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I think these have all been sold out for months now. The reprints that were bought last year are due sometime this year along with their next (still unannounced) release.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
...and Neo XYX AES.

I'm actually looking forward the most to their for now unannounced games!

boss0033

Kula's Candy
I emailed them back in nov about fs and lh and they told me that realistically they were looking to have them out in January. I'll probly send em another email towards the end of the month if we don't here anything

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I would expect to get their quarterly newsletter in late february/early march and that´s when they will announce their next game.

Assuming a typical 2 year delivery, I would expect xyx aes to ship before the end of 2015 (j/k)

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm curious what their next game will be as well.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I hope their new game the "Metroidvania project" listed in the job section.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I was always under the impression that an Ikari type game would be their next release. They definitely did mention that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The amount of time they are taking on the Ikari game is good things. Gunlord was made I think in 6-10 months and it had great content.

powerflower

Banned
I don't know...(Most) Germans do not have the talent to create good games in terms of content. Gunlord is a cheap Turrican knock off, XYZ isn't even an original idea plus copying Toaplan, yeah. And Fast Striker is so repetitive, boring.

Wanna a really REALLY good shooter from Germany with Raphael Dyll on the music side? Go download Söldner X2 on PS3 plus the final levels;) Now that shmup shits an all NG NG.Dev releases in no time and the soundtrack ist so awesome killer, my goodness, so much content, so much to unlock.

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I hope their new game the "Metroidvania project" listed in the job section.

Ooh, thanks for the heads up about that. somehow missed it. So apparently they would be working on "Run'n'Guns, military-themed multi-directional shooters, Metroidvania projects".

How much of that is still true after the failed kickstarter/indiegogo or whatever it was... remains to be seen... but I am sure they are working on at least one yet unannounce neo geo mvs project, possibly more than that.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
dont-feed-troll%203.jpg

use this:
328973365_troll20spray_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Y so serious?

If anyone sounds serious and butt-hurt in this thread, sadly its you. Sorry bro'twurth. It's cool, though. I mean, too bad you hate their games. They're not perfect, but pretty damn fun for the limited hardware they're made on. Not like Neo Geo games should be expected to hit GDRom content on the DC. I mean, that's just kinda dumb, but we know that's hard for some people, especially (MOST) Germans, to understand so we'll forgive you for it. Hey, and awesome Joker reference from like a million years ago. Pretty current burn, but then... it was you who said Germans (MOSTLY) aren't very creative.

powerflower

Banned
Wow, very nice reply:) About the German thing you know I live in that country and I know what is up here.

Germans know very very well how to make technically good games but content? No, they don't. That is a fact. It's not that I'm saying NG.Dev sucks, but for hundreds of Dollars I want some good designed games, not knock offs. Pls try Chronoblast on 360, a homage to Cave which rocks so badly...for 1 buck;) And the best part is it is an indie game. The only thing I really appreciate is Rafael Dyll with his amazing BGMs. He represents perfectly the soul of euro shmup music from the Amiga days.

Oh, and I know how "limited" Neo is, that is no excuse for bad game design in general. Just look how ThunderForce4 kicks ass on a far more limited HW than Neo.

But yeah, maybe I had a bad day...sorry for that.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I don't know...(Most) Germans do not have the talent to create good games in terms of content. Gunlord is a cheap Turrican knock off, XYZ isn't even an original idea plus copying Toaplan, yeah. And Fast Striker is so repetitive, boring.

Wanna a really REALLY good shooter from Germany with Raphael Dyll on the music side? Go download Söldner X2 on PS3 plus the final levels;) Now that shmup shits an all NG NG.Dev releases in no time and the soundtrack ist so awesome killer, my goodness, so much content, so much to unlock.

Ach hör doch auf mit dem Scheiss...wer hat dich eigentlich zu unseren Botschafter ernannt? Für mich sprichst du jedenfalls nicht.

powerflower

Banned
Ach hör doch auf mit dem Scheiss...wer hat dich eigentlich zu unseren Botschafter ernannt? Für mich sprichst du jedenfalls nicht.

Sorry this is my experience since 1985. The only German shmup that is on par with the likes like Metal Black, G-Darius, Gradius series, Akai Katana... is Söldner X2 in my personal opinion. I would love to see more German AAA titles but there aren't. If you know some really good German action games please tell me, I would appreciate that.

Tut mir leid wenn es so rüberkam aber ich bin kein Botschafter, ist halt meine Erfahrung die ich teile. Hätte etwas differenzierter sein sollen.

Gruss

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer

LOL

Sorry this is my experience since 1985. The only German shmup that is on par with the likes like Metal Black, G-Darius, Gradius series, Akai Katana... is Söldner X2 in my personal opinion. I would love to see more German AAA titles but there aren't. If you know some really good German action games please tell me, I would appreciate that.

Tut mir leid wenn es so rüberkam aber ich bin kein Botschafter, ist halt meine Erfahrung die ich teile. Hätte etwas differenzierter sein sollen.

Gruss

Ambassador or no, I'd like to mediate a meating between you two...

How far are you guys from Baumholder? :P

powerflower

Banned
This track is so German techno trance style...beautiful:) ..and I know German trance music very very VERY WELL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC7Ppm64Y38

Enjoy:)

Eine Frage Herr Shroom: Haste wirklich mal Pilze gefressen? Nicht böse gemeint, just asking...

@whisper2053
You are a good/lovely human beeing:)

Last edited: