Analog controls on Sega I/O 838-13683-93

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
Hi,

I have this Sega IO board which has a 26 pin connector called CN7.

Sega IO - 838-13683-93.jpg

Can someone, (I'm thinking of Andy Geezer now :) tell me the pinout of this connector? I'm afraid that it's not analog input but something different.

Thanks.

darksoft

Mmmm that 26 pin analog connector, seems to be compatible with the one in my other JVS I/O which is a 837-14572.

I need to check my wheel, apparently something is wrong. It worked couple of days ago on Lindbergh but doesn't work now on Naomi?!?!

This is the pinout I use (central cable of 5K pot):
Wheel to pin 3 of CN6 socket
GAS to pin 9 of CN6 socket
BRAKE to pin 15 of CN6 socket

GND to pin 5 of CN6 socket
5V to pin 1 of CN6 socket

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Mmmm that 26 pin analog connector, seems to be compatible with the one in my other JVS I/O which is a 837-14572.

I need to check my wheel, apparently something is wrong. It worked couple of days ago on Lindbergh but doesn't work now on Naomi?!?!

that's the type 3 i/o, it was designed for the lindbergh and newer sega JVS systems, but it's supposed to work on the older ones too. I don't have any experience with sega driving games so I can;t really help you out any further. I've emailed andy in the past, he's pretty helpful, give him shout !

darksoft

confirmed! the pinout for analog is the same and my wheel had a problem :)

tonyt76

n00b
that's the type 3 i/o, it was designed for the lindbergh and newer sega JVS systems, but it's supposed to work on the older ones too. I don't have any experience with sega driving games so I can;t really help you out any further. I've emailed andy in the past, he's pretty helpful, give him shout !

@codecrank i need your help. I have started a chat with you.

Last edited:

tonyt76

n00b
Can someone PM codecrank for me? I am not able to send PM's yet and need to talk to him.