Banned
I JUST TO FIND THESES FLYERS "SHOCK T2"
NEVER I SEE THIS FLYERS?
ARE PROTOS FOR SHOCK TROOPERS 2 SQUAD?
NEWS FOR THIS FLYERS???

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Probably a special "Italian" or "French" version.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Could very well be a special Spanish version. XD

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Why would a French/Spanish/Italian version be in English?

This isn't even the art for Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, its the exact same art as the first game. The left part of the sticker has been cut off and the logo perfectly covers up the logo only for the first game, everything else is the same.

Without having them in front of me, it isn't really possible to tell, but it could be reprinted art (modified for who knows what reason), or it could be original art with just a sticker placed over the logo (again, for who knows what reason).

You weren't by chance sold this as 'rare/proto' art were you?

Fox1

20 Year Member
Why would a French/Spanish/Italian version be in English?

This isn't even the art for Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, its the exact same art as the first game. The left part of the sticker has been cut off and the logo perfectly covers up the logo only for the first game, everything else is the same.

Without having them in front of me, it isn't really possible to tell, but it could be reprinted art (modified for who knows what reason), or it could be original art with just a sticker placed over the logo (again, for who knows what reason).

You weren't by chance sold this as 'rare/proto' art were you?

Why are there so many boots in English that are made by the French/Italians? :P

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's an established industry generating more than a few percent of GNP in their respective countries. XD

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Doesn't look European. If we could get our hands on the cart, I'd guess it would turn out to be an Asian boot of Shock Troopers with a different title screen and possibly some gameplay changes, like King of Gladiator or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

There's a chance it's legitimate, and that Shock T2 was the game's official title in Korea/Asia (perhaps to imply a nonexistent connection with Terminator 2?), but we probably would have heard about that by now.

Edit: Almost definitely not legit; this is the Korean version of Shock Troopers:

8475468750_8d1402de06_b.jpg

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just flip those on ebay and see how much you can get. XD

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
NEVER I SEE THIS FLYERS?
NEWS FOR THIS FLYERS???

You seriously think that someone defacing flyers for the first game makes it a possible prototype? Are you retarded?

Fox1

20 Year Member
To the LE FORUM DE BOOT with ya!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
NEVER I SEE THIS FLYERS?
NEWS FOR THIS FLYERS???
Do you own these flyers (or the MVS cartridge that goes with them)?

The artwork (and ROMs) for Neo Geo games were sometimes modified for local markets (can't see why they would use the original games artwork, with portraits of all the characters, if it was for 2nd Squad). Maybe because people were familiar with the first games. Sometimes it's hard to tell why specific changes were made for specific markets. Colours seem different to the original flyers, unless someone copied them without matching all the colors.

Last edited:

TinaisTina

n00b
Waitiiing for the news
smile.gif

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder
Recently, I had the chance to buy a complete "Shock T2" kit for a decent price and can confirm that it is just a re-labeled "Shock Troopers 1" with
cheaply made custom artwork. The boards and chips are original SNK and the game on it is a common Shock Troopers 1.

I took a few photos of the cart, box and artwork. I also added an original artset to the photos for comparison.

shock-t2-2_zps5okzq9h8.jpg

shock-t2-3_zps4gayte1e.jpg

shock-t2-4_zps0i29dacz.jpg

shock-t2-1_zpsk5yspvor.jpg

shock-t2-11_zpsi159haow.jpg

shock-t2-5_zpsymm7buts.jpg

shock-t2-6_zpsflt778o9.jpg

shock-t2-7_zpscogjbkel.jpg

shock-t2-8_zpstixqcz2z.jpg

Last edited: