Is it still worth keeping a X360?

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Got a 360 back in Christmas 07 when it was much better than PS3. Recently though, it seems like the PS3 is now the definitive HD console to own. So many exclusives that are coming out that look great. Kinda odd that the same went for the 360 back a few years ago.

I know that the majority of Cave shooters are still 360 exclusive, but are there any 3rd party exclusives still worth getting? Is XBL Gold still worth paying money for?

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I don't even have a 360 and I think there is quite a few good reasons to have one, I bought a few cave shooters and bayonetta myself. Then all the treasure games and such on xbla. I'm sure there is alot more depending on your tastes but yes it seems worth having/keeping.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Got a 360 back in Christmas 07 when it was much better than PS3. Recently though, it seems like the PS3 is now the definitive HD console to own. So many exclusives that are coming out that look great. Kinda odd that the same went for the 360 back a few years ago.

I know that the majority of Cave shooters are still 360 exclusive, but are there any 3rd party exclusives still worth getting? Is XBL Gold still worth paying money for?

Depends. Do you like hiding behind waist-high walls?
Just keep one for all the cave stuff.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My 360 isn't going anywhere.

It's got the non-slideshow version of Bayonetta.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
'guys tell me what to like'

never understood these threads

you like games on the 360 then keep the fuckin 360, meathead

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Bingo. We can't tell you what games you like. I personally am going to ditch mine soon since I switched to all ps3. The one game I will miss is the first Dead Rising.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm really hoping Microsoft continues live support for 360 I have a lot of fighting on mine. Plus my cave stuff and digital games.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member

This...
If your never gonna touch it again, ditch it.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
The XBox One is not backwards compatible. Thus, keep the 360.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
My 360 isn't going anywhere.

It's got the non-slideshow version of Bayonetta.

Yeah but the U has the exclusive sequel.

I'm really hoping Microsoft continues live support for 360 I have a lot of fighting on mine. Plus my cave stuff and digital games.

I have about $400 invested in market games and dozens of game still wrapped up I haven't gotten the time to play and since the ONE isn't backward compatible my 360 is going no where. Will not be getting a ONE because of the mandatory Kinect. At the moment I have a 360 & PS4 but the 360 is my primary gaming machine but its looking like I might be heading back to Sony next generation as a result of Microsoft fascism.

Will be looking into buying a backup 360 & PS3 for future retro gaming same as I have done with all my other consoles such as my Saturn, Dreamcast, PSone, PS2, etc.

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
If you like Cave shmups, maybe expand into other companies? I'm assuming your 360 is not from Japan so you can only play the region free ones ... Eschatos and Ginga Force (Qute) are available in a 2-pack and quite awesome. Also see Shooting Love 10th Anniversary (Triangle), which i find much more enjoyable than 200X (that was region locked anyway).

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I never sell my consoles anyways, so I will be keeping my 360, but how much use it gets depends on continued Live support, and on the servers for the games I play online not getting shut down.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Had a 360 since it came out, but I sold it. Now I have an alright PC, so my life is that bit sweeter. After switching, I have never looked back.

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm the opposite. I'm actually planning on buying another 360 when it gets even cheaper. I'm still running on an old non-HDMI system and I want one of the newer/more reliable ones. If only the US/EU Cave games were region free... I'd have gotten a J-XBOX360 instead. But I'd rather not rebuy all the Cave shmups, though the thought of playing some Senko no Ronde DUO is mighty tempting.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I have 4 xbox 360 (two US & two JPN) and it's way better than PS3.
If you like shumps and fighting games, go with Xbox360
If you like to play JRPG and action games, go with PS3

My opinion though....

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
XBL gold? nope.

I keep my x360 for shmups (akai katana, espgaluda 2, dodonpachi resurrection, deathsmiles) and fighters (super SS4 arcade, blazblue, etc.)

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Well if you sell it, you'll get like $50. Seems like it would be better just to keep it and only pull it out when you want to play a 360 exclusive.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I'm holding onto my 360 because none of the games are going to be backward compatible (including the XBLA stuff), but also, like everyone else said, my shmups. Also, unless I really hate hardware, I always have a hard time parting with it.

The OTHER reason I'll never get rid of it is Too Human. Sure, it was a let-down for most people, and SK lost the lawsuit against Epic so pretty much any chance of sequels went out the window looong ago...but there's just something about it. When it clicks, it clicks. I get that same zen-like state that other people get with shumps and games like Shinobi and Nightshade on the PS2. Given it's essentially dead nature, it'll only ever be available on the 360. I've got a digital version on my HDD so I don't have to swap discs when the mood hits, but I've got my disc, too, for the inevitable day that my slim dies on me or the HDD crashes.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Might as well keep two, just in case the one you're using gets RROD.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Might as well keep two, just in case the one you're using gets RROD.

I wonder how many of the problem run 360's they made? They should deduct that number from the overall sales figures for the 360 because I think every single mk1 360 broke down.