Samurai Spirit RPG translated...

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
You raised my hopes, and dashed then quite expertly! That's one step closer to English, though! I'm still holding out hope.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
sorry for that
but japanes is more difficult than french XD

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Doesn't matter. Ssrpg has aged terribly and no one who bothers with it can get back the time lost on it. A colossal waste.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Translating a worthless game into a worthless langauge. :kekeke:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I think this rocks. If it ever gets to English I'd totally play it.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'm looking at this right now. I've translated Japanese, French is like Spanish... it's all Latin. Wish me luck.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Won't be long now before someone "finds" a MVS prototype for the French market. Because well SNK tried so many things and thought that playing an RPG in an arcade where you had to insert every two minutes a new coin might be the ultimate cash cow.

Or actually they planned on releasing very soon those "[insert number here] slots boards" to private homes. Because AES wasn't classy enough. And an arcade cabinet with Samurai Spirit RPG in your home – totally rad.

Or just because SNK was the magic back in the day.

Samurai Spirit RPG on MVS. I bet it is out there.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Won't be long now before someone "finds" a MVS prototype for the French market. Because well SNK tried so many things and thought that playing an RPG in an arcade where you had to insert every two minutes a new coin might be the ultimate cash cow.

Or actually they planned on releasing very soon those "[insert number here] slots boards" to private homes. Because AES wasn't classy enough. And an arcade cabinet with Samurai Spirit RPG in your home – totally rad.

Or just because SNK was the magic back in the day.

Samurai Spirit RPG on MVS. I bet it is out there.

What are you talking about? You pulled the topic so far off topic, you're in GD outer space lol

Valt C

n00b
Very nice job with this version!

Are you gonna do a retranslate, Wynd?

That would be very good, I studied japanese, but french I can't understand much, even my native language being latin: portuguese. But fact, french will be easier to translate.

I totally wish you lucky :buttrock:!!!

And for me this game totally worth playing, besides I can imagine now the understandable cheesy but nice dialogs, monologs and plus the annoying random battles almost everywhere/anytime/everytime/all time with load times though. I finished each chapters twice, and I would replay this translated. It's a very good looking game, with very nice character's animations, good battles (very easy actually) with NPCs coming from nowhere for support and different aspects for every new gameplay with a different character selected. I think that have a good replay value. :D

Marek

Banned
The English version exists, but Dooce is holding on to it because he's buttmad at all of us.

:kekeke:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
always been interested in this game, just another neo curiosity

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
I'm looking at this right now. I've translated Japanese, French is like Spanish... it's all Latin. Wish me luck.

Good luck.

I'do an english-spanish translation but french is not that easy despite having its roots in latin IMHO, and my language is spanish

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Interesting... I always wanted to give SSRPG a try. I know French a little, and I can read it better than I can speak it. C'est magnifique!

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I spent ALL last night fucking with this... I got the main menu screen updated I believe. I want to ask the hackers if they'd be willing to assist me, but we'll see. I took three years of Spanish and French in high school (9 years ago) and my mother is a french teacher lol. So, I have that if need be. I have to figure out other things. I wasn't able to test it out just yet, as for whatever REASON EVERY DAMN DVD Drive attached to a laptop or dvd drive doesn't work. I'm going to have to send like 100 dollars in replacement parts. All I hear is grinding. Neo Geo CD emulators are stupid, and none of them would play it properly.

Last edited:

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Yay... It always feels weird for me to play a game in French. TV and movies is fine, but games still feel strange. ;) (I occasionally pick up the French version of titles if they are cheaper.)

However, considering that the Kanji used in the game's original text is beyond my limited Japanese knowledge, I'll take what I can get.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
I spent ALL last night fucking with this... I got the main menu screen updated I believe. I want to ask the hackers if they'd be willing to assist me, but we'll see. I took three years of Spanish and French in high school (9 years ago) and my mother is a french teacher lol. So, I have that if need be. I have to figure out other things. I wasn't able to test it out just yet, as for whatever REASON EVERY DAMN DVD Drive attached to a laptop or dvd drive doesn't work. I'm going to have to send like 100 dollars in replacement parts. All I hear is grinding. Neo Geo CD emulators are stupid, and none of them would play it properly.

If you need help translating from French (due to the amount of text) I might be able to help. Someone should just go over my English afterwards :D But in the end one has to ask if it wouldn't be better to translate directly from Japanese…

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
But in the end one has to ask if it wouldn't be better to translate directly from Japanese…

It's been 16 years. If I can get a not-quite-right French to English translation then I will take it. The boat has sailed on Jap to Eng quite some time ago...

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
f you need help translating from French (due to the amount of text) I might be able to help. Someone should just go over my English afterwards But in the end one has to ask if it wouldn't be better to translate directly from Japanese…

No lol. Japanese to English, the context is fucking horrible. French to English is FAR better lol.