Post Your Recent Purchases!

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Thankfully making it safely through Media Mail, I got in a complete English copy of Metal Slug 2 on the Neo CD. Sadly the seller didn’t really picture or mention that the rear artwork has a small patch of wrinkles from some liquid. I’m trying to get that worked out. Otherwise, it’s a solid copy for something that’s been purchased and used here in the states. It’s surprising to me that is has the original spine card, which always gets tossed on these English CD games. I also find it a little funny that it mentions the CDZ in the manual, given it was never released in the US or Europe.

kHCKVce.jpg

WQhp3xn.jpg

That's so sick, Ive been after that one for a while, still need both Slugs in my English CD collection. Congratz on the find man! Love the Neo CD

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Recent scoops. Found what seems to be a NOS Martial Masters set up. The motherboard came on the thin little styrofoam-like sheet and in the original bag (left it in the box). Also, finally found a US copy of Sonic The Hedgehog on Master System. At about 80% complete with my US Master System collection with all the super rare ones taken care of. Hopefully will be at 100% after 2021 is over.

View attachment 58655

View attachment 58656

View attachment 58657

So ridiculous that he USA version is so expensive. It is obviously just the pal version with a sticker. The pal version will run you about 5 euro.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Nice scoops, Smokey!

Aye, I hear that about Sonic. I had the same "WTF!" moment when I sourced my copy a while back. I snatched up a Euro copy as well because of that.

There really isn't much logic to physical game collecting in 2020. We're all paying a premium for ritual and nostalgia at this point. :)

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
So ridiculous that he USA version is so expensive. It is obviously just the pal version with a sticker. The pal version will run you about 5 euro.

Not sure if the manual is the same. Euro manuals have english, french, spanish, italian and german languages.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Got the idea in my head to put a Genesis in an arcade cabinet. I started by buying the parts to make sure everything would work.

It's amazing how many small details creep up when doing a little project like this.

Yeah, it's a bit ghetto right now but it works really well and it's actually a lot of fun to use.

sega-genesis-custom-arcade-control-panel-09.jpg

sega-genesis-custom-arcade-control-panel-02.jpg

Also, picked up the Astro City Mini. Very cool having the arcade versions of many games I know well on the Genesis.

sega-astro-city-mini-01.jpg

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Recently got back into Beatmania IIDX, so bought most of the PS2 releases and a Phoenixwan controller.

JNxPpPF.jpg

fmEqc8z.jpg

neogeostore

Overtop Pathfinder
Just scored a mint, 1st-gen Arcade1Up Centipede cabinet for $125. Don't know why they put the marquee on backwards, but I'll be replacing it with a lit marquee, anyway.

IMG_2228.jpg

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Copied from my Facebook post...

Grabbed a few projects from an arcade auction recently. One of which is a suicided Buster Bros. PCB. An arcade NERD’s worst nightmare is the dreaded leaking battery! Luckily, this one just started leaking and never got onto the board itself. Dodged that bullet! I just ordered a Kabuki-Infinikey to bring the game back to life using the original encrypted EPROMs. Very exciting stuff!

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
IMG_20201229_192854_652.jpg
Well the purchase actually isn't recent the delivery was.
I thought I ordered a regular version but apparently it was a limited one. Weird ass box. Played the game for 30 min and it plays fine but I need to read the manual for the finesse.

Also super glad Mattel started to rerelease MOTU again. Hopefully they will make some new characters this time around.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
View attachment 58769
Well the purchase actually isn't recent the delivery was.
I thought I ordered a regular version but apparently it was a limited one. Weird ass box. Played the game for 30 min and it plays fine but I need to read the manual for the finesse.

Also super glad Mattel started to rerelease MOTU again. Hopefully they will make some new characters this time around.

Okay that Paprium looks really aesthetic in that model 2. Peak '90s. I gave up on that game entirely years ago, but I may actually have to order one now that its in the flesh finally.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
It a purchase, but I got a cool sign for my GameRoom for Christmas from my Nephews!...

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
Got the idea in my head to put a Genesis in an arcade cabinet. I started by buying the parts to make sure everything would work.

It's amazing how many small details creep up when doing a little project like this.

Yeah, it's a bit ghetto right now but it works really well and it's actually a lot of fun to use.

Is there a 6 button version of that controller board?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
20210109_223857.jpg

Some love for the OG Xbox, Pound's hdmi adapter and a OGX360 for 360 controllers.

I played a little Metal Slug 4 and it looked great. A friend bought Pound's PS1 adapter and thought the picture was dim. Once my replacement component cable arrives I plan on comparing the OSSC's pic vs the Pound.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
View attachment 58867

Some love for the OG Xbox, Pound's hdmi adapter and a OGX360 for 360 controllers.

I played a little Metal Slug 4 and it looked great. A friend bought Pound's PS1 adapter and thought the picture was dim. Once my replacement component cable arrives I plan on comparing the OSSC's pic vs the Pound.
Their PS2 adapter is a tad dimmer, that's for sure. The Xbox one is pretty rad though, I agree. The games that push 720p are just insane

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
IMG_20210112_210447_690.jpg
Moon patrol for the Vectrex done by a fellow Belgian!
Looked forward to this game and the forgot to order it when it came out two years ago. Excellent stuff

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I like the pound so much I bought another.

That does look interesting though. Sold out means my money's going elsewhere.