Post Your Recent Purchases!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
So that makes you a racist american too? My brother! Let's be racist americans together!

For those not aware. Saner accused people who owned X-box systems as racist americans and well it sorta stuck.
That was probably the best quote he's contributed.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
For those not aware. Saner accused people who owned X-box systems as racist americans and well it sorta stuck.

No way. Xboxes are for Sega fans. The Xbox One X would be the... umm... Dreamcast 4.5. ?

I'm only half kidding. ;)

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Well that is right up there with crazy impulse purchases I've made. Thanks for the link! Bought it! I'm making a new shelving system to hold my rack mount video switch as well as all the consoles. So I can make it fit this as well.
I love it, plenty of plugs and protects the devices really well. Plus the USB is convenient for things like the Super NT

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
This is a bit of a "latergram" but still relevant. Bought a new home last year with enough space to make a killer game space. I'll post collection shots in the proper thread, but this is the star purchase I made late last year: A dedicated X-Men COTA Dynamo HS-5 with a Darksoft CPS2 All-In-One. Decided on this over a candy cab - I love the presence these machines have. Complements the Neo collection well. :) Still a bit of work to do on the restoration (painting, new coin door, etc).

Updates I've Made:
- Replaced the WG K7000 series chassis
- Replaced the old/faded CPO with a reproduction (couldn't find an original)
- Replaced the monitor bezel with a reproduction - the original is behind the repro, but it is super sun-faded.
- Added authentic side art
- Marquee is authentic and came with the cab
- Updated all controls to authentic IL components with brand new Cherry micro-switches (Eurostick bat-tops and convex buttons)
- Replaced COTA CPS2 set with a Darksoft CPS2 All-In-One (COTA CPS2 set is authentic and never opened to phoenix the board - set up for display in the game library)
- Hooked up the CPS2 A-Board to an external sound system with 2 dedicated, large bookshelf speakers off to the side for true stereo, maximum Q-Sound goodness.

Man I have some super fond memories of playing 4 player Children of the Atom a the local rollerskate place in the early 90's. Somewhere I have a CPS2 kicking around that probably has a dead battery at this point. One of those impulse ebay purchases a few years ago.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Man I have some super fond memories of playing 4 player Children of the Atom a the local rollerskate place in the early 90's. Somewhere I have a CPS2 kicking around that probably has a dead battery at this point. One of those impulse ebay purchases a few years ago.

I believe you're remembering the side-scrolling beat 'em up, X-Men, not the vs. fighter, Children of the Atom, which was only two players. The 4-player Marvel vs. Capcom mode on the Dreamcast port was a fun novelty, though.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
I believe you're remembering the side-scrolling beat 'em up, X-Men, not the vs. fighter, Children of the Atom, which was only two players. The 4-player Marvel vs. Capcom mode on the Dreamcast port was a fun novelty, though.

Ahh you are 100% right. Although I do like CotA too! I think there might have even been a 6 player version of the X-Men Arcade Game too!

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Picked up a pristine Turbo Duo recently.
Spoiler:

7s2B8yu.jpg

Also a Turbo Everdrive and Framemeister I didn't take pics of yet.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Do you really need to have everything connected at once? I never understood the people with 20 different fucking consoles connected to their TV's, is it so hard to get off your ass and swap a console now and again?

This is Neo Geo dot Com! We have everything connected all at once. It is part of the POWAR!!!!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Picked up a Jailbroken PS3 the other day, Wont bother posting a pic as you all know what they look like :p

Other than that pretty dry atm...

GamingCult

n00b
There’s a voucher code :( You think it’d all be on the disc, what with that being the point of CE...

Which means we’ll need an Internet connection to play the entire roster. Without a connection, we only get to play the standard vanilla version. That kind of sucks.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Which means we’ll need an Internet connection to play the entire roster. Without a connection, we only get to play the standard vanilla version. That kind of sucks.

This is why I don't care anymore.