Post Your Recent Purchases!

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I love my 14" PVM. It is a nice size for a desktop setup... good luck playing anything from a couch though.

Since I really only play on it from 3-4 feet away its perfect for what it is. Scan lines on the little bitty monitors are obviously tight too.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I love my 14" PVM. It is a nice size for a desktop setup... good luck playing anything from a couch though.

Since I really only play on it from 3-4 feet away its perfect for what it is. Scan lines on the little bitty monitors are obviously tight too.

Yeah I'm seeing it, I could totally go one of those knowing that. Just need a bigger desk, I can see this being an ongoing problem.

Hey Skips, show us a few of your consoles there on the PVM! Please!

Last edited:

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Hey Skips, what size is that Sony? 14 inch? I see a lot of 14" monitors on ebay for cheap but im not sure if its really big enough.

Its a BVM-14F5E so yup 14 inches. When its only a foot or so from your face 14 inches is perfect.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student

Scanlines are smaller than the larger models that is true but depending on the model/resolution of the monitor they can still be quite thick. Mine is an 800 line BVM so the scanlines are still very thick.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah I'm seeing it, I could totally go one of those knowing that. Just need a bigger desk, I can see this being an ongoing problem.

Hey Skips, show us a few of your consoles there on the PVM! Please!

I have pictures of it posted up in my review of it here

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Just finish building my new PC gaming rig. Consists of:

Intel i5 4690K CPU
ASUS Z97-P MB
16GB Corsair Ballistix RAM
120GB Samsung EVO SSD
3TB Seagate Data Drive
LG DVD Burner
Corsair 200R Case
Silverstone 750W PSU
ASUS GTX 970 OC 4GB VC
DELL S2715H 27" IPS Monitor

Running all the games I want finally at ultra settings!!

GAMEFAN

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member

GAMEFAN

I recently got this monitor and could not be more pleased. Really nice IPS monitor that keeps it's color when rotated. Matched with an slg and my Jpn 360 for some shooting action. Enjoy it and nice build!

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Just came in... Neo Bomber man!

Plays great, the daughter loves it. I suck at bomberman so its fun to play through and just keep dumping credits.

There's a ton of eproms on this though... Solder looks original so I don't think its a boot but still its a lot.

bb9b5b1b2ed9c91e3112066b12f37943.jpg

6153469e1be84c03cb8a09343e8627d7.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Definitely a boot. The only mask ROMs there are for a different game.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Oh poop... Well at least its a decent one. No sign of flux on the back or anything. Plays good so far.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
If it was listed as authentic and or you paid any significant money for it, ie more than 20 bucks you contact the seller and ask for a refund.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Eh not a huge amount. The seller did put up pics of the board but I didn't pay enough attention so its on me. I'm OK with a boot so long as it works.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Just finish building my new PC gaming rig. Consists of:

Intel i5 4690K CPU
ASUS Z97-P MB
16GB Corsair Ballistix RAM
120GB Samsung EVO SSD
3TB Seagate Data Drive
LG DVD Burner
Corsair 200R Case
Silverstone 750W PSU
ASUS GTX 970 OC 4GB VC

Running all the games I want finally at ultra settings!!

GAMEFAN
This kinda sounds like my build from December. Its so nice having a fast rig again!

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have not been adding many Neo Geo AES games because I do not have access to the marketplace anymore. However, I did find a home cart version of Cyberlip with the box(no manual) for $150 shipped on ebay. It was a buy it now on ebay and I was so happy to snag it at that price. That game is getting harder to find these days. Very few pop up on ebay.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
You can make any rig fast with a SSD. Core2Duo's are a different machine with one of those. ;)
This is true. I was able to breathe new life into my i7 laptop from 2010, and an old 2008 macbook ( Core2duo I think) with new SSDs. Both are still working great.

Boat200

New Challenger

Got a 14" BVM, and the size is perfect most of the time. I usually just pull up a chair.
When I want to go bigger, I fire the xrgb mini on a larger flat panel.
Both experiences are great, and different. The only time when I consider the CRT a must is when I play stuff that I had already played as a kid.