New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I would think things like ship movement and rate of fire would be easy to adjust before release.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Apparently rate of fire is quite tricky, they responded that they start hitting the sprites limit of the Neo Geo.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
So we're looking at June for the LE release? I was hoping to see it this month.
Sounds like it. This is the email that went out today for anyone that didn't get it.

NG:DEV.TEAM said:
NEO XYX MVS:

As many of you already know we have new MVS shells made out of wood. Those will be used for all NEO XYX MVS LE orders. If you want classic blue plastic shells (used looking condition), please let us know. Default we ship all MVS LEs from now on in black wood shells (new). We need to know until 13th May your decision. If we don't hear back from you, your order gets black wood (ash) shells.

An early prototype can be seen here, we will do several improvements on them (label area/vents):

https://twitter.com/ngdevteam/status/323077554787471360/photo/1

The black variant is used default for our games.

The release of NEO XYX MVS is now planned for June 2013.

NEO XYX AES pre orders will start soon.
I'm thinking about switching to the blue shell to match all their other MVS games, but the wood shell would make more sense for a LE. What's everyone else thinking about doing?

Either way, I just want to play the game.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Everyone already tuned in about the wooden carts, just go 2 pages back or take a look here Wooden carts.

Basically reactions and comparisons ranged from awesome to wooden dicks.

jdh

n00b
Sounds like it. This is the email that went out today for anyone that didn't get it.

I'm thinking about switching to the blue shell to match all their other MVS games, but the wood shell would make more sense for a LE. What's everyone else thinking about doing?

Either way, I just want to play the game.

I'm on the fence as well. Tempted to go plastic, but at the mo i'm leaning towards wood. Like you say, it would be nice for the LE.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
Everyone already tuned in about the wooden carts, just go 2 pages back or take a look here Wooden carts.

Basically reactions and comparisons ranged from awesome to wooden dicks.
I saw all that. The difference now is that they are officially offering a choice between black ash or translucent blue for the LE, but yeah, I guess everyone already chimed in on how they feel about the wood.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Get the wood, and if you don't like it, buy a nice replacement Omega shell for it. Win-win.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Only if the kickstarter is gets over the line...

Doesn't look good at this point. It's almost halfway through the time window and only a bit over 10% of the goal.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Just decided that I´m going to get this game after all. It was the music in one of the trailers that finally made the decision for me. Sounds about as awesome as Gunlord to me!

Also the thought of playing this in tate mode with cmvs and crt tv proved to be too attractive.

If you havent seen it, here is the trailer (from february).

Last edited:

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Neo XYX DC comp.

last month on this... Have at it.

Battle Club Gaming are running a competition to win a LE Dreamcast copy of Neo XYX
(plus legacy NGDT poster art).

This competition is open worldwide and it's free stuff so...
Read the blurb if you wish, folks have until June 30th - this month - to enter.

Prizes are courtesy of NGDT, VGI & BCG.
Pretty easy stuff, just an email entry required.

As Neo XYX is looking to release later this year - prizes will be split into two packages
for the winner, posters first, with the game to follow once available.

Hit it up http://battleclubgaming.com/2013/03/30/preview-neo-xyx/

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Don't trust that release date too much. It can get pushed back over and over.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Don't trust that release date too much. It can get pushed back over and over.

I asked about this and some of their reprints. The response I got was that they game needed more animation work and they are waiting on the artist to finish. It looks good already, and they had a complete build at wasshoi(?), so I am certain they are now simply polishing the game.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Why are these new MVS carts so expensive? Memory costs far less than it once did.

All NG Dev releases are very expensive. You gotta remember it's just two guys making these with a very limited run so the price goes up to make up for all the costs. Compared to some Neo stuff it's on the high side but not as bad as some things out there.