Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I had to get one (or 3) of them. I'm a sucker for retro though. :P
http://videogameobsession.com/videogame/TVGAMES/Neo-GeoXGold

I ended up just keeping one of them in the end. Plus an extra NGX stick since I use it with Neo-Geo Station on the PS3.

Hey man, thanks for checking out my website. I'm glad you like the articles.
I actually have a ton of stuff scanned and I'm editing it now.
I've rescanned all of the old flyers at much higher quality (3000px) and I have about 30 more magazine scans that I want to add.

I also have a ton of those old Neo-Geo Pocket Color game flyers, but I'm not sure they are popular enough to bother with.

Fair enough, but why wouldn't they just say its a typo instead of deleting posts?
And why not fix the typo? It would take them all of 2 minutes to fix.

I don't really care about it either way as I don't plan on buying games for it.
It's obvious they are just going to throw 3 random roms on an sdcard and haven't listened to any of the collectors who wanted to see something nice like mini Neo•Geo AES boxes or something to give us an actual reason to want to buy them.

There Facebook page is a joke.
They ignore everyone's questions and delete most of them to avoid looking like asses for not answering simple questions like ....
When will more games come out?
Are you going to fix the resolution?
Will you add Memory Card support?

It's obvious people are frustrated with the various problems on the NGX and they delete their comments and then post dumb things like. "HOW FAR CAN YOU GET IN METAL SLUG!??"

I'm not going to rip on the system since I got it for $140 and feel its worth that, but I don't see good things in Tommo's future if they continue on like this.

They should have started out with an apology and a firmware fix before moving on to anything else.

I don't expect any apologies for anything. Truth be told I'm glad they're doing the firmware update. As far as the FB page goes, It's full of too much fucking happy juice for me to even stomach reading it.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Yeah if posts gets deleted, I don't want to bother with it.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
^
That article sums up everything nicely. Can any of the fan boys really argue any of those points? It missed the mark in so many ways its ridiculous.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
^
That article sums up everything nicely. Can any of the fan boys really argue any of those points? It missed the mark in so many ways its ridiculous.

A few years ago a poster (don't recall who) wrote that some people would pay money for a piece of poop if it had the NeoGeo logo on it. I forget what the context of the post was, but reading that review, I can't help be reminded of that funny comment.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
here i come.....!!
20022013843_zps10540f93.jpg

you can create your own shirt here :D
http://www.spreadshirt.es/camisetas-personalizadas-C59/product/109680349/view/2/sb/m

this this is only for a reference about tommo.
if microsoft, nintendo or sony makes something you are not agree or shows something that its a big OWNED for all us you can say..
SONY LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!!
MICROSOFT LAURGH IN YOUR FACE!!
NINTENDO LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!!

or if you are talking with somebody and says one thing that is stupid or the guy is stupid... you can can say in his face:
HAHAHA I LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!!!

Just use the graphic, looks better:
tlaugh.png

A few years ago a poster (don't recall who) wrote that some people would pay money for a piece of poop if it had the NeoGeo logo on it. I forget what the context of the post was, but reading that review, I can't help be reminded of that funny comment.

Sounds like me, lolz.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I dont like the way the buttons are positioned on the handheld though or the handheld screen but then I dont like handhelds full stop and dont use it as one.

It is however a little bit of past time fun on the CRT.

Last edited:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser

Sounds like a fair review to me.

I don't regret buying one, but then again I knew ahead of time the video would suck and that I was buying it to display.
Not to mention I got my NGX system for $140 and an extra NGX stick for $7 due to Amazon and TRU problems.

The stick works well on the PS3 w/ Neo-Geo Station.
16705_456898607690781_145478402_n.jpg

If Playmore were smart (yeah I know), they would continue to release more games for it instead of shelving NGS.
NEOGEO_STATION_TRAILER_V.1.4_HD_720p.thumb.jpg

They didn't sell because they were:
1. Too pricey ($9) when other arcade games from Sega were selling for $4.99
2. didn't have trophy support
3. Had crappy netcode and was often too laggy to play with even people down the street from you
4. Playmore took that as a sign that no one wanted to play Neo-Geo on their PS3.

I think M2 did an excellent job with the emulation and the frontend on Neo-Geo Station. It was amazing looking on a large screen HDTV. Much better than my modded AES could produce (sadly).
They even added nice touches like animated game manuals, movie saving, and co-op with voice chat.

NoFuture.png

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i have my AES hooked up so i use the neo x on the go, on the bus, at work (breaks) and at home laid down on the couch.
Saying this i must admit that i don't have any problem with the view angle on the device, the lcd (could be better) works just fine.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
So the games are apparently going to be getting real cases with artwork. Confirmation was given that they will not be released in blister pack form on cardboard. Info on European FB page.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I am rather happy that will (should?) not be the case. Tommo has alienated a pretty big group of people with the substandard (to date) NGX, as well as with their highly odd form of 'customer service'. Let us hope that this is the first step in redeeming what little credibility that they have left with those of us out here.

Neo x

War Room Troll
The neo geo x has brought a fresh new wave of poster- basically just a sweet eclectic mix of chilled out entertainers.