Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I really like all the official Neo-Geo branding on this thing. Tho I wish they had done a variation on the classic red and white colors of the arcade MVS and not the black plain home AES. For 200$ bucks I can buy a Google Nexus 7 tablet and run my NeoEmu app on it, all thats missing is a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Wii stick to control it via Bluetooth.

psh yea, but will it have Crazy Tilt?

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Guys, will new games also be developed for this thing, or will it only draw on the existing SNK catalogue? I would also find it ,more appealing if the neo pocket games were available for this thing. Is SNK involved with the construction of this at all, or are they just providing their stamp of approval? Will the charging station be able to play AES games?

I'm gonna have to wait to see how this thing looks because if I wanted roms, I could just download them to my XBOX. I already have MVS, so why go to roms? Besides, many of these roms are already on other compilations and places like VC. This thing better blow me away with its looks.

Last edited:

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
pretty cool, but i'll wait until it drops to about $100 (if that occurs...otherwise i guess i will never get this)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
xlarge.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
hmmmm i wonder if they plan to sell those controllers separately?

I can't tell, but i wonder if the controller is full size?

Make might a good mod project since I am guessing its going to be usb based...

dan3skate

Quiz Detective
I wasnt sold on this until I saw the cool looking docking station. At $200 I would consider it to be a good price if you get everything shown in one package.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Guys, it's not going to happen.

What Blaze doesn't realize is that NGF actually own the rights to the form factor, potential future handheld consoles, and the classic arcade controller.

I hope the manufacturers are prepared to be sued into oblivion.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm having a real problem seeing $200 worth of product here. Maybe it would be worth it if they doubled the amount of games which came with it.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Guys, it's not going to happen.

What Blaze doesn't realize is that NGF actually own the rights to the form factor, potential future handheld consoles, and the classic arcade controller.

I hope the manufacturers are prepared to be sued into oblivion.

Neo Geo Freak has rights?!?!? I'd like to know the back-story on this....and on NGF in general.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
They're not a philanthropic company, they need to make up their investiment.
We don't know how much money was put into this project.
Also, if they were expecting it to sell more unities, maybe it could go cheaper...

Edit: Btw, why did I have "Stakes Winner" under my nickname but now I'm Rugal's Thug? :( I wanted to be a winner...

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Neo Geo Freak has rights?!?!? I'd like to know the back-story on this....and on NGF in general.

He was joking.

Someone linked to the NGF Bible pdf in Nightmare Tony's recent NGF thread.

That is what you should read to get caught up on NGF.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I wonder how hard it would be to swap AES guts into the charging station (in case your AES shell is busted). At the least we can make AES-looking CMVSes without an AES having to give up its shell at some point.

Not at all enthused with this device, and I'm betting the joystick isn't gonna be that awesome. As I recall, the Exar NeoGeo sticks didn't use the same parts as the original, so you just got AES-looking sticks with inferior guts. I can't imagine this being any better.

Also, the same selection of near-launch titles in every compilation is getting extremely played out.

I still don't see the point in making this 16:9 at all, unless I missed some media capability.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Dan, if the handheld sits in the cart slot, the home system looking dock is going to be a lot smaller than a real home system. It'll probably be about the size of an old style stick.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
He was joking.

Someone linked to the NGF Bible pdf in Nightmare Tony's recent NGF thread.

That is what you should read to get caught up on NGF.

Thanks Popcorn. Once upon a time, I knew the whole "NGF Sticker Drama" but it's been a while. BTW...picked up a jar of Popcorn Sutton this weekend....

As for the size, you can tell from the pictures that the AES appears to be not much bigger than the handheld (which is iPhone size). I'm betting the stick is scaled down too.

At first, I actually thought this was an actual AES Console with it....and then I started imagining entire re-releases of carts. Too good to be true....I know. It could've majorly affected old cart prices too....which could've been traumatic to some of us.

I still think it's a cool thing and will be on board when it releases.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I wonder how hard it would be to swap AES guts into the charging station (in case your AES shell is busted). At the least we can make AES-looking CMVSes without an AES having to give up its shell at some point.

Not at all enthused with this device, and I'm betting the joystick isn't gonna be that awesome. As I recall, the Exar NeoGeo sticks didn't use the same parts as the original, so you just got AES-looking sticks with inferior guts. I can't imagine this being any better.

Also, the same selection of near-launch titles in every compilation is getting extremely played out.

I still don't see the point in making this 16:9 at all, unless I missed some media capability.

What could be done, is using that faux AES case as a pc case, set it up like a rom box. I mean, yea it's a rom box, in the shape of a home unit? THAT would undeniably be pretty cool.

I'm starting to think of the potential for those shells rather than the unit at all.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I will wait to see what the deal is with expanding the number of games for this.

The one thing that has me curious is that it has HDMI output to the TV...

Has anyone done that for the AES yet?