Open letter to Dion and ChrisR.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I think we can guess who it was...

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
I am expecting more over the next several days until this nonsense dies down. Was hoping to make the letter the first and last word about things.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
So many disgustingly low individuals about these days, well done for blasting them Tak :).

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
bet you will find it in orange county.

It wasnt a spammer but a harasser. I said it in the last line, and that was a most cheap stab at vengeance. So yup, the correct decision.

I'm not surprised how quick the harasser replied to this thread.

I really wish others on this forum would step outside the box and use simple common sense on these 2.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
I was actually dumbfounded when I read this thread this morning. It is really a shame, because I have no idea how you would come to the conclusion you have. I was there with Dion when he was on the phone with you, I heard the conversation (from his side, not listening in to both of you), and everything sounded very cordial. When you said you were not feeling up to the meeting due to your illness, He said no problem, maybe next time we are in town we can meet. No pressure, no intimidation, nothing, just two adults speaking on the phone.

How in the world did you go from that to this thread? Are you in fact being exploited by the same people that have been helping you? Did you decide after pressure from others that somehow Dion and I coming across the country, lugging items for people interested in the neo geo to see, and offering to meet them and enjoy conversation is somehow a negative?? I am really almost never surprised about something, but this thread almost had me taken aback.

People have been making negative posts in the thread Josh made because he was man enough to say he met us and we were nice guys. I hope he will read this thread and remember when we were talking how I was trying to explain to him how there have been times in the past we have met people who were so nice only to later come back and bad mouth us for no other reason but they buckled to the pressure of the "crowd".

Well, there is no longer a "crowd" of people that dislike NGF, because just like anything, over the long haul, the truth does rise to the top.

I am not going to say anything negative about you Tony, I was looking forward to meeting you and talking about the Neo Geo and the days before SNK was around, because I did not have a great understanding of those days. It is a shame we could not meet, but it is a bigger shame that you felt like we were somehow trying to exploit you, when in fact, you are being viciously exploited by the very people that are feigning to help you, for no other reason than to advance their agenda against us?

If that is not fucked up, I have no idea what is.

Good luck and get well.

Thanks,

ChrisR

BTW - can you point out what my "vicious" comment was you mention, because I really would like to know.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i just wish others on this forum wouldn't hide behind fake names and accounts because they are too scared say things in 'person'.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Dear cowards and other idiots, if you have to say something, be a man and say it with your original account, creating fake accounts is not going to cut it. Thank you.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
i just wish others on this forum wouldn't hide behind fake names and accounts because they are too scared say things in 'person'.

Tokyo?

chrisr

20 Year Member

I know some other forums have show IP address turned on. I have no idea why people would be afraid to show where they are posting from, but here in the den of secrecy known as neo-geo.com, it does not surprise me. Even if people were using an proxy or something, at least it would be easy to pick out, since the IP would always change. I hope a mod can screenshot at least all of the posts Dion and I have made over the last week and see they would have been from only two places in Orange County. I seem to have missed something last night.

Tokyo

JapheiBANNED
I know some other forums have show IP address turned on. I have no idea why people would be afraid to show where they are posting from, but here in the den of secrecy known as neo-geo.com, it does not surprise me. Even if people were using an proxy or something, at least it would be easy to pick out, since the IP would always change. I hope a mod can screenshot at least all of the posts Dion and I have made over the last week and see they would have been from only two places in Orange County. I seem to have missed something last night.

What 2 people were Exonerated?

Geddon_it and?

Tacitus

Staff member
I was actually dumbfounded when I read this thread this morning. It is really a shame, because I have no idea how you would come to the conclusion you have. I was there with Dion when he was on the phone with you, I heard the conversation (from his side, not listening in to both of you), and everything sounded very cordial. When you said you were not feeling up to the meeting due to your illness, He said no problem, maybe next time we are in town we can meet. No pressure, no intimidation, nothing, just two adults speaking on the phone.

How in the world did you go from that to this thread? Are you in fact being exploited by the same people that have been helping you? Did you decide after pressure from others that somehow Dion and I coming across the country, lugging items for people interested in the neo geo to see, and offering to meet them and enjoy conversation is somehow a negative?? I am really almost never surprised about something, but this thread almost had me taken aback.

People have been making negative posts in the thread Josh made because he was man enough to say he met us and we were nice guys. I hope he will read this thread and remember when we were talking how I was trying to explain to him how there have been times in the past we have met people who were so nice only to later come back and bad mouth us for no other reason but they buckled to the pressure of the "crowd".

Well, there is no longer a "crowd" of people that dislike NGF, because just like anything, over the long haul, the truth does rise to the top.

I am not going to say anything negative about you Tony, I was looking forward to meeting you and talking about the Neo Geo and the days before SNK was around, because I did not have a great understanding of those days. It is a shame we could not meet, but it is a bigger shame that you felt like we were somehow trying to exploit you, when in fact, you are being viciously exploited by the very people that are feigning to help you, for no other reason than to advance their agenda against us?

If that is not fucked up, I have no idea what is.

Good luck and get well.

Thanks,

ChrisR

BTW - can you point out what my "vicious" comment was you mention, because I really would like to know.

feign/fān/Verb: Pretend to be affected by (a feeling, state, or injury): "she feigned nervousness".

The only person feigning anything at this point, is you.. feigning outrage.

We have raised close to $2000 for tony in less than a week. He already has the money.. nothing was "feigned". We take care of our own.

No one has manipulated anyone, except may be you two. I'm sure the reason you wanted to see Tony was entirely altruistic. Why not put your money where your mouth is and donate? If you truly seek redemption and forgiveness, that would be a nice start.

I don't see these open arms you speak of, the reaction to you and your buddy has been very strongly negative. I'm not sure who you think you're fooling. Sure a few "n00bs" are welcoming, but they don't know any better.

Why don't you just open YOUR forums back up and go back to YOUR site? I know why.. because NO ONE WENT THERE.. which should be the ultimate barometer in regards to this site's regard for you.

Shawn can welcome you guys back, but in terms of the community at large, Shawn isn't the overlord. Begging to mommy to save you or give you custom ranks doesn't help.

Are you guys REALLY this oblivious to how sleazy you are? Are you really that unaware of the impression you give people?

I've got a great idea if you're so offended: LEAVE. We're obviously not worthy of your presence.

chrisr

20 Year Member
feign/fān/Verb: Pretend to be affected by (a feeling, state, or injury): "she feigned nervousness".

The only person feigning anything at this point, is you.. feigning outrage.

We have raised close to $2000 for tony in less than a week. He already has the money.. nothing was "feigned". We take care of our own.

No one has manipulated anyone, except may be you two. I'm sure the reason you wanted to see Tony was entirely altruistic. Why not put your money where your mouth is and donate? If you truly seek redemption and forgiveness, that would be a nice start.

I don't see these open arms you speak of, the reaction to you and your buddy has been very strongly negative. I'm not sure who you think you're fooling. Sure a few "n00bs" are welcoming, but they don't know any better.

Why don't you just open YOUR forums back up and go back to YOUR site? I know why.. because NO ONE WENT THERE.. which should be the ultimate barometer in regards to this site's regard for you.

Shawn can welcome you guys back, but in terms of the community at large, Shawn isn't the overlord. Begging to mommy to save you or give you custom ranks doesn't help.

Are you guys REALLY this oblivious to how sleazy you are? Are you really that unaware of the impression you give people?

I've got a great idea if you're so offended: LEAVE. We're obviously not worthy of your presence.

I will let the post above speak for itself people.

Isn't it strange that the person that is LEADING the "Donation" efforts for Tony is also screaming like a two year old that NGF is the devil and we should just leave his perceived playground?

I am sure the money will not hurt, but if a person is battling a very serious illness, money is not going to make them well. Lack of stress and diet are probably the two most important things, and you bringing this drama into his life to advance your own agenda is pathetic and selfish. You lack the empathy and reason to understand this so I have typed it out in plain english for you.

This is the blunt truth people, as sad as it sounds.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

Isn't it strange that the person that is LEADING the "Donation" efforts for Tony is also screaming like a two year old that NGF is the devil and we should just leave his perceived playground?

I am sure the money will not hurt, but if a person is battling a very serious illness, money is not going to make them well. Lack of stress and diet are probably the two most important things, and you bringing this drama into his life to advance your own agenda is pathetic and selfish. You lack the empathy and reason to understand this so I have typed it out in plain english for you.

you must be joking. the money will help alleviate some of the stress that severe medical bills bring on.

not to mention posting something like that is arguably one of the more tasteless things on this site (and thats saying something).

Tacitus

Staff member

Awesome, nothing to be ashamed of.

Explain to me what one has to do with the other? Nothing. I'm "leading" the charge in what way?

Lack of stress.. absolutely. So tell me, what good would you two retards meeting a guy who was just in the hospital for pneumonia do to help?

Absolutely, you guys were pathetic enough to harass a cancer patient and go visit him when he just got out of the hospital.

If you think my efforts to help Tony are false or propped up, you can ask the guy himself, I've been offering assistance for months. Long before you and Dion waltzed back here.

I've done a lot for this community in the past 10+ years.

I have nothing to be ashamed of and I'm proud of this site and its efforts. The fact you're trying to pull these things together to "find" a conspiracy is laughable and pathetic.

Try again.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
Chris, put your big tymer money where your mouth is.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Tony, I hope you get better soon man, theres a lot of people here pulling together for you. I'm gonna do my part for the fundraiser.

ps. don't think we are gonna let these dudes troll you.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
To co-opt a famous colbert joke:

"Reality has a well known Anti-NGF bias."

:kekeke:

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
Thanks, Hyperneophyt3. I am grateful, and everyone so many in my corner when things are this way. It all really will help for teh chemo and everything.

Tacitus

Staff member
I'll propose this:

Mods, lock this thread.

Keep tony out of this, he's a big boy and obviously made his own decision. What is getting him and his situation involved in this going to do to benefit anyone?

End this discussion right here.

Chris, if you're truly offended and don't want this, you'll agree to it. I certainly don't and I don't want this thread to taint or harm any efforts to help Tony. You, casting a pall on that is terrible and misplaced.

chrisr

20 Year Member
I'll propose this:

Mods, lock this thread.

Keep tony out of this, he's a big boy and obviously made his own decision. What is getting him and his situation involved in this going to do to benefit anyone?

End this discussion right here.

Chris, if you're truly offended and don't want this, you'll agree to it. I certainly don't and I don't want this thread to taint or harm any efforts to help Tony. You, casting a pall on that is terrible and misplaced.

I have said my peace, I have no problem with closing this thread or keeping it open.