SNES 1CC thread aka hop on that bandwagon thread.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know I'm giving and kind, that's just how I am...

So why don't you call NTM, BTG? That double standard seems so elusive, lol.

Super EDF is not as well known as Phalanx, period. Maybe...a far maybe for you in EU but even at that in this day and age Phalanx is more well known than EDF, some people didn't even know there was an arcade release for it, myself included, lol.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I was friendly invited to take part in your distinct Neo Turf Masters score thread, it would be quite ungracious and stubborn to push the Japanese title then. On the other hand, english versions of AES games were far more common in Germany through their direct distribution by MARO, especially post '94 titles. I knew the name NTM way before I knew how it was called by its creators.

The Super E.D.F./Phalanx brand awareness is of course still open to discussion, thanks for your far maybe tho. It's a start ;).

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the Aero Fighters 1cc this evening.

I ended up getting the monkey boss in place of the satellite/skull. I'm surprised I cleared the game here, because I have far less experience with this boss form.

I'm also disappointed that I didn't get the chance to apply what I've been practicing for the latter boss form. I guess I can use this as an excuse do to some more runs. Also, my score is very low because I purposely avoided most of the medals in order to delay my extend as much as possible.

I don't think triggering the extend affects rank, but dying certainly does. Maybe I lowered psychological rank. ha

aerofightersscore.jpg

Last edited:

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Curious why you would delay the extend? I don't think it effects rank, only powerups and time without dying does as far as I know. The Monkey boss is definitely harder IMO, and a real F you by the developers because he gives far less points if I'm remember correctly.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Curious why you would delay the extend? I don't think it effects rank, only powerups and time without dying does as far as I know.

I said to myself "Survival time and dying raises and lowers rank respectively, maybe lives in stock has an effect too. I'll delay that extend as much as I can to lower the .0003% imaginary rank I'm going to have to deal with. Who cares about medals, it's not like I'm playing for score."

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah, I don't think lives matter as far as rank goes, it's mostly just how long you survive in the Aero Fighters series. If you aren't sick of the game you should try for the 2-ALL in Sonic Wings.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the 2-All for Hagane today.

I no missed the first loop too. The second loop is tougher mainly due to common enemies requiring way more damage than in the previous loop. Enemy count, attack patterns and boss patterns appear the same. I feel as if I've only scratched the surface as far as utilizing this luscious bevy of tools provided, though.

hagane.jpg

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I feel as if I've only scratched the surface as far as utilizing this luscious bevy of tools provided, though.

Kudos & yeah, you really need the sword, the down-kick, the roll & the slide -- maybe the rope dart, too, for distance attacks. Rest is for aesthetics, I guess. BTW, did you ever menaged to get those extras in the beginning of 4-3? I never did once...

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Kudos & yeah, you really need the sword, the down-kick, the roll & the slide -- maybe the rope dart, too, for distance attacks. Rest is for aesthetics, I guess. BTW, did you ever menaged to get those extras in the beginning of 4-3? I never did once...

You've named the bread and butter for sure. The double roll + B kick seems to be the most damaging attack in the game. With proper placement you can quick-kill/quick-uhh-near-kill some bosses the moment they spawn. I'll credit taking advantage of this move as instrumental in my clearing of the second loop.

The single roll Y stab is also useful in several situations and in a few boss fights too.

I've never bothered finding the extras in 4-3.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I've never bothered finding the extras in 4-3.

Well, it's just trivia, but nevertheless, the only thing I did not achieve in this game... yet. And what about the last boss (rocket)? I often skip it by just using up my smart bomb savings. A very exiting finale it becomes, if you don't have any of those left.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well, it's just trivia, but nevertheless, the only thing I did not achieve in this game... yet. And what about the last boss (rocket)? I often skip it by just using up my smart bomb savings. A very exiting finale it becomes, if you don't have any of those left.

I don't rely on smart bombs to kill the rocket boss, but if I have some in stock I'll certainly use them.
I alternate between using the sword and grenades.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I 1 CC's SC IV a few days ago...kinda tough for such an easy Castlevania. I think the only other one I could do a 1CC on is SOTN, which is probably about a million times easier.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I 1 CC's SC IV a few days ago...kinda tough for such an easy Castlevania. I think the only other one I could do a 1CC on is SOTN, which is probably about a million times easier.

It's rather kinda long than tough, also considering that it loops. The soundtrack pushes you through, tho. Only two real tough spots here: this bridge that consists of disappearing/reappearing stones right before Frankenstein's lab and those falling steps you have to climb up near the end. First because of that bit luck required, second can get you because of sloppy d-pad acceptance. Nevertheless, congrats!

SotN is indeed easier, but only if you let it. Try not to waste time on leveling up, and watch how it gets you. I also never looked for help to get that final percentage of rooms, guess I won't ever see more than those 199.4% I achieved all by myself.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
SotN is indeed easier, but only if you let it. Try not to waste time on leveling up, and watch how it gets you. I also never looked for help to get that final percentage of rooms, guess I won't ever see more than those 199.4% I achieved all by myself.

Actually, if you want a really easy time, you can get 2 Ring of Vardas the first time you go to the Coliseum, as long as you have a completed save-game on your memory card.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got a no death run on Castlevania Dracula X this morning fun game.

List updated:

Super Castlevania 4
Dracula X (1LC)
Super Turrican
Super G & G (1LC)
U.N. Squadron
King of Dragons
Pirates of Dark Water
Robocop vs Terminator

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Been working on Castlevania 4 all day. Few spots giving me troubles of course the damn disappearing walk before Frankenstein. I messed with this spot all day trying to get a constient pattern. Its just totally random it seems so frustrating to make to that point w/o dying. Solgra can be a bitch aswell he's the hardest boss in the game by far imo.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Castlevania IV can be exhausting based on it's length alone. And it loops!

Congrats on the Dracula X one life clear.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
^ Castlevania IV can be exhausting based on it's length alone. And it loops!

Congrats on the Dracula X one life clear.

Thanks man,

Yeah part 4 is very long, im going to get it done no matter how long it takes me. This is a game that I truly love it such a beautiful game the ost, graphics & controls are perfect just a masterpiece imo.

ASID, is Run Saber a decent game? I seen it on your list looks like a cool Strider clone thinking about picking it up.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
ASID, is Run Saber a decent game? I seen it on your list looks like a cool Strider clone thinking about picking it up.

I'd say so. But I don't remember loving it.

I found the jumping physics a little funky. Not Strider funky to a t, but funky in it's own way I guess. I would also find myself getting hurt/killed when attempting the weird mid air jump kicks/somersault attacks/foot dives. It's been a few years since I've played it. Maybe with a little more time spent I'd be singing a clearer tune.

Some of the bosses are really cool though. Also the game is amongst a relatively small group of Japanese developed SNES titles released exclusively to the west.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally got the 1CC this afternoon on Castlevania 4. DAMN almost had a no death run but miss jumped one of those stupid falling steps on stage block B-2 ending in my first loss life, only life loss in the playthrough. Oh well it happens.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
OK, my input:

Axelay - default settings
Zelda - 100% , no saves, no continues
Super Metroid, same as above
Street Fighter 2 Turbo - level 8 no rounds lost, Ken *You Have Mastered* screen
Super Street Fighter 2 - same as above
U.N. Squadron - default settings
F-Zero - 1st place in every track

I think I'm pretty much done with the list. Nothing else come to mind now.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I recently cleared Assault Suits Valken.

This took far longer than it should have.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I recently cleared Assault Suits Valken.

This took far longer than it should have.

That surprises me. What was the problem? The fight before the suicide or some instant deaths through falling into a pit, like during the last chase? Or maybe the cave stage (greetings to those rabbits ;).