I gots a new hangout for the weekends:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
This is set up by some members of a dutch forum, in order to preserve and promote arcade.
My new hangout for the weekends.
What's in the pics is only the beginning, there is more to come:
DSC02723.jpg

DSC02721.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

DSC02719.jpg

DSC02718.jpg

DSC02702.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02700.jpg

DSC02698.jpg

DSC02691.jpg

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Get out of here! Really? That's amazing.

Yeah, that's pretty incredible. Something like that here in SoCal would be packed to the gills with questionable looking people. For a small yearly fee, and everything on free-play, that place is looking dead. Either that's the sad state of our arcades or you found a hidden gem.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
How fucking awesome is that!!! I hope this is the future...Arcades somehow, some way, making a comeback..

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Way cool. Long live the arcade!

I am going to show my ignorance here - are those backlit NeoGeo and Sega symbols on top of those machines custom made?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You say there's more to come!? Looks like a pretty amazing arcade already.

I like that system of having everything on freeplay and just paying a yearly fee. I'd pay $100+ a year if I had something like that close to my house. I'd be there nearly every day.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
The sega and neogeo toppers are custom.
I didn't find a hidden gem, they just started the word on the forum and all forum members were invited to become a member of the arcade with the option of bringing a friend or two.
It was just the first weekend and not so many members yet. That will change in the future though. Some of us also donated some games because of the time and money that was already put into it, it seemed the right thing to do :D.
We try to keep the crazies out and have a nice arcademembers club. The way it is setup now makes it legal.
Some of the 'staff' of the arcade also participated in the IC'09 in the uk and several other events we had down here. Really a great group of people who are in it for the games 100%.

It is only open on friday and saturday from 19:00 to 0:00, the guys running the show do have a family and a social life. Still it is completely awesome and only a 40 minute drive from where I live.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Cool idea, I hope that price structure works out for them.

Love the ground effect on the neo cab.

bryan

Geese's Thug
Great place to hang out I wish I had a place to go to like that. The one local arcade we had 10 years ago I think made it six months. :(

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
GREAT SELECTION OF GAMES...
on offer there Ratson. Nice to see XIII sharing the floor with SSFIV. Always nice to have the choice :)

Also, Border Down via projector looks pretty amazing too. Yep. I think a lot of us here are pretty envious of what we see.

Inspiring, even.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Cool idea, I hope that price structure works out for them.

Love the ground effect on the neo cab.

They have an occupy empty building systems down here, so it hardly costs anything for the space. The cabs and all were the expensive part.
It might get rented out to a company but then they will get a new location in the area. No problems there:)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Super Jealous here, love the membership idea, I thought it looked like a good turnout of people there. The place seriously looks great!

SSS

neo retired
can you find out where they got those cabinet toppers from ? (namely the sega and Neo Geo ones)

pretty slick looking

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Awesome stuff Raston. Great to see folks keeping the scene alive. A lot of places now are running like amusement parks now. Rather then charging by the game you pay to get in and all the games are on free play. That way places can also run consoles in arcade units so you can play newer fighting games a lot cheaper then buying the PCB's, so it works out for em'.

If you can get a video of the place in action I'd love to throw it up on my site to show everybody this place and help them get some exposure.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sounds like a good place to visit.

Is there a Coffeeshop nearby?