Halloween Movie-watching List:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Are you really this fucking stupid or do you just pretend to be? Halloween is what is left of the Celtic Samhain, what the hell has it got to do with me?

Of course some stuff-peddlers try to import it over here, like they did with Valentine's day, but it hasn't really caught on.

I didn't know it wasn't popular wherever you live, nevermind.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's Late, man. Guy has a hard enough life as-is PMSing all the time. Don't wanna add onto his stress that will take form as a heart attack when he's 40.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
(It's also a very auspicious day for fielding an undead army in a fantasy wargame :P)

This is very true :D You done anything wh-related recently?

We need to resurrect the old thread.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Did you ever see the film adaptation of Junji Ito's Uzumaki?

i really liked it

the visuals and atmosphere were definitely very Ito so i was thoroughly uncomfortable during the entire watch

the guy who directed it (forget his name) also did an interesting and creepy short film called Long Dream that i'd suggest checking out

Hausu is excellent though

it's kind of an experimental horror/comedy that was a precursor to the Evil Dead series

by today's horror standards (Hausu was made in 77) it's fairly comical to watch, but it's silly enough and wacky enough (especially under the influence of marijuana) that i suggest it to all classic horror fans

found this a while back and liked how it was summarized:

http://mubi.com/topics/simultaneous-watching-analysis-hausu-obayashi

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
i really liked it

the visuals and atmosphere were definitely very Ito so i was thoroughly uncomfortable during the entire watch

the guy who directed it (forget his name) also did an interesting and creepy short film called Long Dream that i'd suggest checking out

OK, thanks again for the info. I'll keep my eyes out for Uzumaki and Long Dream.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I am going to teach you what hunger is.