I'm Looking into Forming a Will. Suggestions?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
NOTE: Let's get my disclaimer out of the way. No, I'm not dying. At least not that I'm aware of.

This has been on my mind a lot lately, ever since I came back from visiting my family in Houston a few months back. I realize that I need to get a will started before it's too late. I'm writing it here because I trust you guys, and I know you'll lead me on the proper path.

I'm doing this mostly because I've amassed quite a collection in terms of art books, comics, figures, etc. and I'd like for it to be dealt with properly in case I bail out unexpectedly.

I know there's a bunch of stuff online, but I don't even know where to start. That said, any and all help will be appreciated.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
NOTE: Let's get my disclaimer out of the way. No, I'm not dying. At least not that I'm aware of.

This has been on my mind a lot lately, ever since I came back from visiting my family in Houston a few months back. I realize that I need to get a will started before it's too late. I'm writing it here because I trust you guys, and I know you'll lead me on the proper path.

I'm doing this mostly because I've amassed quite a collection in terms of art books, comics, figures, etc. and I'd like for it to be dealt with properly in case I bail out unexpectedly.

I know there's a bunch of stuff online, but I don't even know where to start. That said, any and all help will be appreciated.

That's something Bobak might be able to help you with.

But www.legalzoom.com helps you create Will's pretty easy.

And they are legal.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Exactly what I would have suggested, wills don't need to get too complicated unless you want them to. But it's a good idea to keep things from getting locked into probate or if you want specific things going to charity.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
First: smart move! you should always be prepared.

I lawyered up. it was a bit more money, but worth it in the end. the lawyer did everything. i am pleased as hell with it.

other options are will software, legal zoom, etc.. i would personally rather be safe and know it was done right.

good luck!

Clessy

Banned
Leave everything to your family if you have one except for things that arent of any sentimental value to them. Divide the rest of your stuff between your friends and give them what they'd enjoy most.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Legal Advice: Place me at the top of the will.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
That always manages to make me laugh. :tickled:

Still, I don't think I'd want Phoenix to be my lawyer for something like this. He'd probably have me declared innocent for something completely unrelated.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Forget about the will. Just give each person you were going to name in the will a treasure map and bury whatever you want to bequeath at their respective spot. Much better appreciation when one has to put in some work to get something. XD

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I need to pull my finger out my arse and do the same thing, just never seem to get round to it :rolleyes:

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
You don't have shit, youngster.

Get wealthy, then you can start worrying about wills

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Inter vivos gifts.

I make sure that I give away things to people I care about. The look of happiness on a stripper's face is worth more than some post mortem possibility of seeing that person get my gift.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
I did my Will some months ago, and it was very easy to do.

The Notary (almost a public charge here) did all according to law, and it was cheap.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm not sure why we're helping. You're going to give it all the Mulder anyway.