Consider: Puzzle game versus mode with different games

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Basically, the idea is simple: A puzzle game collection which includes tonnes of well-known (and maybe lesser-known) games, but where in versus mode, each player can select whichever game they want.

The premise is simple enough, a little harder to calculate how one's own success would "punish" the opposing player, but ultimately would put a new variety on the classic "competitive" aspects of puzzle games going from Panic Bomber to Tetris, Columns to Puzzle Bobble, Magical Drop to Tetris Attack... and so on.

What would you think if such a game were available?

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Fun. it would need to be tested a LOT to make sure it was balanced correctly. Some puzzle games are much easier than others. I mean.... I can DESTROY someone in puzzle fighter 2 turbo but put me against a fast tetris player and I get spanked (tetris world for wii taught me that I suck against real ppl). The thing is, tetris is arguably an easier game to play.

Is this post related to the Magical Drop V mode where MD Vs Ghostlop happens?

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Is this post related to the Magical Drop V mode where MD Vs Ghostlop happens?
Alright, you caught me! :loco: But truthfully, I can totally agree with the concern about balancing the "punish" aspect of a game like this, but nevertheless, since the designers of such a game would really have very little actual "game" to design, I would hope that the aspects unique to such a game (which would be primarily limited to what you're saying) would be foremost on their mind.

Last edited: