What anime are you watching?

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I mostly buy VHS's because they're super cheap and I like the boxart. Plus I get to explore classics I've never seen like Devilman and Bio Hunter.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
and that's just some of it.

If you ever feel like being a good guy, you can donate VHS tapes to a retirement home. The people there still use VHS in rec rooms and sometimes the collection quality isn't all that. I know it's easy to come across old VHS movies like Hitchcock and films from the 30s/40s/50s in that format.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Currently my personal Retro Roost/Game Room (AREA 99) looks like a Video Rental store from the late 1980s or mid 1990s, and I'm damn near running out of space to be honest. For me DVD and Bluray is for TV Shows, VHS is for movies up till the last "official" release from Hollywood in 2005 which was the movie A History of Violence. ---I've toyed with the idea of doing DVD to VHS (with a video stabilizer go-between to deal with Macrovision and differing polarities that make the playback image go dark or too bright and stuff) of current films like DRIVE, RAMBO 4 complete with customized inserts for clam shell VHS cases, but have yet to do it. I'm concentrating on AHL (Analog Hero Limited) releases on cassette tapes with custom semi-pro J-Cards instead, and I've got a waiting list six pages back in a notebook of people wanting copies, but I won't charge for it since I don't have the rights to the music, it's something I do in my spare time for Analog Heroes (what I call us eccentric Analog people who aren't "Digital" much).

I had that same The Killer poster but for some reason I gave it away when I was downsizing my collection at the time and I've regretted it ever since. I still have fond memories of the fan made VHS tapes I got in the late 90's from other people, mainly Love Hina lol and the Ys Special Collection PR tape. Good times...

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I had that same The Killer poster but for some reason I gave it away when I was downsizing my collection at the time and I've regretted it ever since. I still have fond memories of the fan made VHS tapes I got in the late 90's from other people, mainly Love Hina lol and the Ys Special Collection PR tape. Good times...

I honestly thought my poster of THE KILLER was thrown out years ago, then came across it, Hard-Boiled, Hana-Bi, Sonatine, Kikujiro, (those three for Takeshi Kitano films) the theatrical double sided REPLACEMENT KILLERS poster, Silent Mobius/Neo Tokyo Summer 1992 Double Bill Streamline Pictures poster, Macross II: The Movie poster, Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai and a few others in a giant poster holder that was buried deep in a storage room at my parent's house. I only have so much wall space with my setup (and I'm moving in an intermediate sized Air Hockey table into AREA 99 soon too, along with a few Bartop Arcade Uprights for MAME, a stand alone running only Streets of Rage Remake version 5, and one with a two-slot MVS), so with the double stacked horizontally bookshelves in an L shape for my "displayed" VHS collection, most of the posters can't be put up. But up until recently THIS was what AREA 99: The Retro Roost/Entertainment Room looked like:

Retro Room 01.jpg

Retro Room 02.jpg

Retro Room 03.jpg

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
I mostly buy VHS's because they're super cheap and I like the boxart. Plus I get to explore classics I've never seen like Devilman and Bio Hunter.
Same here... Picked up lots of old anime on VHS years ago and it was cheap. Got to watch all of Patlabor on VHS... Quality isn't great but oh well.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My Japanese Dragon Ball marathon got interrupted a few months back when my uncle and grandma moved in because their house burned down, but they just moved out and I'm about to pick back up with the King Piccolo saga. I figure by the time I finish up the I'll be able to get Super and Buu Saga Kai and just keep on running. I'm planning to watch the rest of DB+movies, then the Dragon Box sets of Z+movies/specials/OVAs, then GT and its movie. If I still have time to kill before the new content arrives I'll do Kai; the Japanese dub of Kai is the only currently available DB series I haven't seen all the way through.

I saw Battle of Gods in theaters with my brother, can't wait to do the same for Resurrection F.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
Just watched an old copy of Samurai X I found for a dollar on vhs. I liked the Rurouni Kenshin series but kind of cooler to see Kenshin back when he was a badass. I too have quite a collection of vhs tapes taking up space in my apartment. Donating some of them might not be a bad idea. Not Samurai X though.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I love Rurouni Kenshin and it's my favorite anime because i have a soft spot for Samurai and a little bit of history in between. The english dubs are not so good imo though.

Currently i'm watching Dragon Ball Z (english dub) but i don't like it as much as i used to. I gues some things age well and some just don't. I don't like the slow pacing and filler story lines and the universe isn't really my cup of tea i gues.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I'm looking for anime Laserdiscs if anyone has any for sale. I have a lot already but looking for more. US releases please. Here's some stuff I am looking for but interested in just about any US releases. Thanks

Akira criterion
Dagger of Kamui
Bubblegum Crisis
****KIMAGURE ORANGE ROAD SERIES AND MOVIES****
Mad0X/Riding Bean
Vampire Princess Miyu
Devil Hunter Yohko
Project A-ko
Silent Mobeus
Ninja Scroll
RObot Carnival

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'm about to watch the first ep of the new season tonight! :)

I really enjoyed the ep, I thought it might be a lil boring but it kept me interested, and now that jojo and danmachi are done, I'm glad to have a current show going again.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Knights of Sidonia,season two is up on netflik now. If you enjoyed the first one then check it out.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Just watched an old copy of Samurai X I found for a dollar on vhs. I liked the Rurouni Kenshin series but kind of cooler to see Kenshin back when he was a badass. I too have quite a collection of vhs tapes taking up space in my apartment. Donating some of them might not be a bad idea. Not Samurai X though.

I take donations ;)

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Ive been re-watching Ranma 1/2 on hulu subed (also available in Dub). Haven't seen it in 20 something years, Memories of the early days watching with my brother and sister. My 3yrold has been watching it too.

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
I've been watching the new Dragon Ball Super. I had a chance to finally see the movie Battle of The Gods and I thought it was great! It brought me back into the series and hyped me up for the new series. I prefer to watch my anime subtitled ever since 2000. Back then I'd buy fansub anime on VHS from a local spot that is now closed. I honestly can't stand to hear the English dubs. The new series is great tho, and I highly recommend it! I'm very glad AT decided to be involved and I'm acting as if DBGT never happened lol. Even as a kid I did not enjoy the GT series and SSJ4 makes no fucking sense lol. I enjoy the mythology AT has kept in Dragon Ball. I've been debating if I should get really high and go watch the theatrical release of Resurrection F, but being around kids and english dubs might be too much to bear.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Watched all Detroit Metal City episodes. I liked it allot and it's one of the most funny animes if not the most funny anime i have ever watched. Does anyone know other really fun animes?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've finally gotten around to Xam'd. 10 eps. in, and it reminds me of Eureka in a lot of ways.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I've been watching the new Dragon Ball Super. I had a chance to finally see the movie Battle of The Gods and I thought it was great! It brought me back into the series and hyped me up for the new series. I prefer to watch my anime subtitled ever since 2000. Back then I'd buy fansub anime on VHS from a local spot that is now closed. I honestly can't stand to hear the English dubs. The new series is great tho, and I highly recommend it! I'm very glad AT decided to be involved and I'm acting as if DBGT never happened lol. Even as a kid I did not enjoy the GT series and SSJ4 makes no fucking sense lol. I enjoy the mythology AT has kept in Dragon Ball. I've been debating if I should get really high and go watch the theatrical release of Resurrection F, but being around kids and english dubs might be too much to bear.

Toriyama said Dragonball God Goku and Vegeta are like 6/10, the cat god is 10/10, and Whis is like 15/15. As far as power levels go.

fucking retarded but once power levels started rising by the millions and not one point by one point before it was already retarded

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
Toriyama said Dragonball God Goku and Vegeta are like 6/10, the cat god is 10/10, and Whis is like 15/15. As far as power levels go.

fucking retarded but once power levels started rising by the millions and not one point by one point before it was already retarded

LOL I know what you mean... Thanks for the info,I'm going to look for the interview.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
I've been watching Venus Wars, it's not been able to hold my attention or I've been getting distracted in stretches longer than about 30 minutes.

Fantastic quality 80s OVA animation, but the plot and characters are a little on the weak side.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I finished the Blood C TV show & Last Dark movie the other day, it was ok. If your a fan of the original movie I wouldn't bother trying to watch this everything about it pales in comparison to the original. The best part of the new show/movie is the action sequence in the opening of the movie.