What anime are you watching?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Many Happy Returns, homeslice!! What a great choice.

*runs off to wire up BetaMax*

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I wish we could watch War in the Pocket together, and have a lively critique of it afterwards.

Skype won't cut it.

I'm thinking animé room @ the SDCC one year...

Or we could just set a weekend to get together and just watch anime and complain about video games. Maybe something for the future!

And I'd LOVE to watch War in the Pocket again. Pretty flawless anime, IMO.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Or we could just set a weekend to get together and just watch anime and complain about video games. Maybe something for the future!

And I'd LOVE to watch War in the Pocket again. Pretty flawless anime, IMO.

I'm imagining our wives slooooowly backing away, & giggling softly as we start in on 'rasslin/vidya games/the symbolism of Guts' scar & sword, lol.

When our paths cross, it'll be like:

qygu4era.jpg

avujehyr.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Both have been released by Bandai Visual. I only have Unicorn though.

Thanks for the heads up on this. The prices on Unicorn are pretty brutal everywhere I've looked. Is BD the only format where this is available? And have all seveh parts been released in US regions yet?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Thanks for the heads up on this. The prices on Unicorn are pretty brutal everywhere I've looked. Is BD the only format where this is available? And have all seveh parts been released in US regions yet?

I'm pretty sure all of it has been released in the US on 3 separate Blu-Rays, pretty pricey. I'm actually watching the show now, finished the first 3 episodes. Really like it so far. I noticed you guys were talking about war in the pocket, which IMO is the best Gundam anime out there.

I'm also watching Jojos right now

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure all of it has been released in the US on 3 separate Blu-Rays, pretty pricey. I'm actually watching the show now, finished the first 3 episodes. Really like it so far. I noticed you guys were talking about war in the pocket, which IMO is the best Gundam anime out there.

I'm also watching Jojos right now

I'm still pretty partial to the Amuro-Char rivalry, and I love the intrigues and politics of both the original MSG and Zeta Gundam, but that's more of a personal taste thing. I have no problem accepting the possibility that War in the Pocket might be the best crafted tale in all of Gundam's long and storied history. Great characters, great story that gives a compelling look at 'the other side', awesome artwork and animation. It's only weakness is the soundtrack, which I don't really feel is anything to write home about.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure all of it has been released in the US on 3 separate Blu-Rays, pretty pricey.

It's on seven Blu-rays and yes, it's pretty expensive. Only Right Stuf and a few others can officially sell it. That's just the way it is with Bandai Visual shit.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member

Seventh and last part just came out a month or so ago. The DVDs started coming out later and are only at number three so far.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
It's on seven Blu-rays and yes, it's pretty expensive. Only Right Stuf and a few others can officially sell it. That's just the way it is with Bandai Visual shit.

hopefully they do some kind of combo set down the line

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Probably going to give Watamote another watch soon. Its been my favorite newer anime/manga in the past year or so.

All this Gundam talk makes me want to buy Wing as well. Loved it from the Toonami days.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Watching DBZ Kai on DVD for the first time. Never seen Kai all the way through, though I do already have the Dragon Box sets and the Rock the Dragon box.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
All this Gundam talk makes me want to buy Wing as well. Loved it from the Toonami days.

I think I have all Gundam series released in the west, except for Wing, Igloo and the original one, which I only have in movie form. I had Wing but sold it because it was shit.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I think I have all Gundam series released in the west, except for Wing, Igloo and the original one, which I only have in movie form. I had Wing but sold it because it was shit.

G is as far as I can go as it regards non UC Gundam, and that's only because of Yasuhiro Imagawa's involvement and my love for Giant Robo: The Animation (my online namesake comes from GR.)

I just can't get into the non UC Gundams. I feel like the UC chronology's world and politics are so much cooler than anything else Gundam related.

I've been told Seed isn't too bad, but I look at it and I see EVERYTHING that I can't stand in current character designs and aesthetics in anime.

I just couldn't stand any of the Backstreet Gundam boys from Wing. They were all so annoying, especially Duo with his baseball cap and pony tail and Hiro with his tanktop and spandex shorts.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I think I'll be done with UC when/if I get to see Zeta Zeta and Victory one day. Well, unless they do a cool new one ;) Unicorn is pretty as fuck but confusing as hell.

I loved SEED and even more so SEED Destiny. Gundam 00 is probably the best Gundam, period. I know that SEED is some emo teen shit at times, but overall it just clicked for me.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Initial D really grew on me. I first found out about it at the video arcade then I dove into it hard once I found out the entire series was available on Netflix. I also got to see the 3rd Stage movie premier at the Big Apple Anime Fest over ten years ago in an actual movie theater, it was pretty damn cool.

I loved when somebody said that Gundam Wing was Sailor Moon for boys and most know about the picture that has the cast in the costumes. For me I love the shorter Gundam side stories to the normal series. 08 MS Team and 0083 are some of my favorites. I hope they'll all get nice Blu-Ray sets one day. I also really need to pick up the original series. I was so pissed off when Cartoon Network ripped the series off the air after September 11th. They said the viewership was going down but it sucked that they didn't even announce they weren't even going to bother airing the rest of the series.

Hulu Plus can eat a bag of dicks. The only reason why I wanted to check it out was because I wanted to watch the premier episode of Sailor Moon Crystal on my TV and not on my computer. 10 bucks a month for streams of shows with commercials? I then tried to watch the one really good Tetris documentary and it came up "Web Only". Thankfully they give you a two week trial and I just watched Crystal twice and canceled my subscription.

With Sailor Moon Crystal it seems like they want to go for a more serious tone which I don't know if it'll work well. They don't do a lot of the wacky facial reactions and sweat drops like in the original series. I just remember that being so alien to me when I first watched the show when I was 12. Stuff like Voltron totally got rid of anything like that so it was odd to me seeing how many expressions the characters had. I'm still giving the series a chance. People online are real schmucks saying it's the worst reboot of a series ever....after only one episode. Then again there where people that bitched when they announced the live action series and now they defend it like crusaders.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
SInce I'm unemployed what stuff on netflix is worth my time animewise?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I think I'll be done with UC when/if I get to see Zeta Zeta and Victory one day. Well, unless they do a cool new one ;) Unicorn is pretty as fuck but confusing as hell.

I loved SEED and even more so SEED Destiny. Gundam 00 is probably the best Gundam, period. I know that SEED is some emo teen shit at times, but overall it just clicked for me.

Double 0 is probably my favorite gundam. Too bad NA never got a bluray release :(

Getting real tired of being fucked by Bandai, and they wonder why their NA sales where shit. Hmmmmm.......

Also really enjoy 0083 War in the Pocket, but its age is really starting to show. If it was a full length series I probably wouldn't be able to watch it anymore.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
00 did less than nothing for me.

LOL at anime being unwatchable due to its age. I could watch Macross, Gundam or Fist of the Northstar any day of the week.