Blast City Club

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I think I'll try just plain VGA at first. Probably won't bother me if I'm only using it when I'm playing online.

If you are talking about just connecting a computer via VGA and need to think again. PCs resolution fluctuate too much (between bootup, desktop, menus, applications, title screens, gameplay etc). You will burn out your arcade monitor if your blast has a MS-2931 auto sync chassis, and if you have a MS-2930 manual-sync the screen is going to go black due to the auto-shutoff safety feature. This is one of the reasons people use video encoders(?) and whatnot. Even my Xbox360 VGA signal fluctuates too much and the picture would go black so I had to buy a cheap little extron sync stabilizer to clean up the VGA signal. Dreamcast on the other hand is fine to connect direct and has a solid enough signal to keep sync.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
the only times I use a computer with my MS-2933, I have it already set to 640x480 and booted up before I plug it in. xbox has never had problems either as long as I leave it set to that resolution.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
If you are talking about just connecting a computer via VGA and need to think again. PCs resolution fluctuate too much (between bootup, desktop, menus, applications, title screens, gameplay etc). You will burn out your arcade monitor if your blast has a MS-2931 auto sync chassis, and if you have a MS-2930 manual-sync the screen is going to go black due to the auto-shutoff safety feature.

I don't have any issues my either of my ms2930 monitors. my PC maintains 640x480 from boot , through windows start, through hyperspin start, and games start.

my buddy plans on using switchres in mame to with his ms2931 to go from 480p to 240p .. I'm not familiar with the auto-sync one, how come it's not like a multisync PC monitor ? didn't know that could damage it.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Maybe I’ve been misinformed over the years, but my opinion is still that arcade monitors were not intended for regular fluctuating signals. Tri-syncs are able to switch, yes, but that doesn’t mean it’s healthy to do so regularly. As for Skate’s MS-2933, isn’t that a pure hi-res monitor (so it wouldn’t surprise me that the xbox runs smooth)? I personally don’t have experience with using a PC, I’m going on hear-say so it’s definitely up for debate :spock: (until your monitor stops working, I won’t say I told you so).

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Damn, i messed up my fishing rod when i took it apart...Going to use it for a head 2 head for now. I just realize my kick harness is missing on my Blast City. Where can you find a replacement? Anyone got one?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Damn, i messed up my fishing rod when i took it apart...Going to use it for a head 2 head for now. I just realize my kick harness is missing on my Blast City. Where can you find a replacement? Anyone got one?

Lemony makes some nice kick harnesses, I would msg him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Anyone have a Naomi crammed into a blast? I finally got all the pieces to put together a naomi w/ netboot. This thing is a beast of parts and wires. How are you all fitting this inside?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Anyone have a Naomi crammed into a blast? I finally got all the pieces to put together a naomi w/ netboot. This thing is a beast of parts and wires. How are you all fitting this inside?

Cleanest way to do it would be to mount as much as possible to the PCB board. I've also seen someone on here that used a wooden plank on top of the power supply for a 2 slot MVS board -- that would also give you some extra room.

I've fit all in my blast by putting an atx PSU at the far back, with the Naomi on its side up against the mounting board, then raspberry pi sitting on top and capcom io next to it. You're right though, it's a tight and messy fit.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I ended up just throwing it in there as a giant mess. My Sun PSU wires are so short that it has to be right up against the Naomi. I can't even fit the Naomi and PSU on the pcb board. I might end up making a larger board to lay across the power supply.

I did find the raspberry pi will just fit under the control panel for easier access. At lease I don't have to look at the rats nest inside when I change games anymore. Now I need to cleanup the control panel wiring...

15669541787_f19cc409cc_z.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I ended up just throwing it in there as a giant mess. My Sun PSU wires are so short that it has to be right up against the Naomi. I can't even fit the Naomi and PSU on the pcb board. I might end up making a larger board to lay across the power supply.

I did find the raspberry pi will just fit under the control panel for easier access. At lease I don't have to look at the rats nest inside when I change games anymore. Now I need to cleanup the control panel wiring...

I haven't gotten around to mounting my setup yet, but I also had the same issue with the sun PSU wires being too short. I reached out to Lemony and he made me an extension cable so the sun PSU didn't have to be right next to the mobo, its been great and he even put an digital voltmeter on it!

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I haven't gotten around to mounting my setup yet, but I also had the same issue with the sun PSU wires being too short. I reached out to Lemony and he made me an extension cable so the sun PSU didn't have to be right next to the mobo, its been great and he even put an digital voltmeter on it!

Awesome, thanks. I'll hit lemony up to see if he still makes extensions.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Question. If I wanted to use a Capcom JVS I/O with my Naomi, can I run only the controls through it? Then plug the audio, power, and video from the Naomi straight into my blast? Just curious because I know some boards can be finicky about what they allow.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
I have the switch try sync models. only issue I get is when I toss a 256 inside and forget the monitor settings. I'd like to pick up a netboot/pi set up but can't find one decently priced or that just has the zeropic and cf loader.

I've also been trying to get card readers set up but cant get them to get power or read but thats a whole different story

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy

What is that in the middle there? (And what does it do, etc.?)

Thanks!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Question. If I wanted to use a Capcom JVS I/O with my Naomi, can I run only the controls through it? Then plug the audio, power, and video from the Naomi straight into my blast? Just curious because I know some boards can be finicky about what they allow.

capcom IO can be powered from the jamma edge, and handle only controls if needed. if you had the 001 loom you could power the NAOMI with that and get audio / video straight from the NAOMI if you want (assuming you have a dsub cable to your monitor, not the jamma video). AV doesn't have to be run through the capcom IO.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So I finally got a Sun PSU thanks to Tyranix and thanks to 300wins for hooking me up with a power extension cable, finally got it all setup and it works great :D

IMG_3588.JPG
Not as clean as I wanted it and there is NO WAY to mount it all on the board :(

Here's a shot of my CP considering I keep that nice and tidy :D
IMG_3589.JPG

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Wow - that looks great. I wish I had the ability to hook up all of this stuff like you guys.

I have a nice Blast cab, but am simply not familiar (or confident) on how to do any of this kind of stuff.

Hell, I have a Triforce game that I STILL cannot get to play in my Naomi cab, despite so many attempts. I need to have a 'cab consultant.' ;)

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Panda, that looks real good. How did you go about getting power to the sun psu? I ran a cable out the back to the service outlet, but would prefer to connect it internally.