Realizing Stuff Years Later

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
Have you ever not realized something until long after it's happened? As stupid as it sounds I just now realized what Shang Tsung's Friendship was - a Joust guy. All this time I thought it was a diamond ring or a frog or something. I guess I'm surprised because I love Joust too.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Last week I thought I realized what "I'll be a monkey's uncle" meant. I thought it implied that your sister gave birth to a monkey. I ended up looking it up and it doesn't mean that at all.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When I was a kid, I had an experience where the baby sitter's son took me out back and wanted to show me something cool.

He was trying to light a match. But it didn't work.

I also remember that he started the kitchen on fire.

It wasn't until 10 years later that I realized that the two events were probably connected.

I felt like a character in a Harper Lee novel.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Have you ever not realized something until long after it's happened? As stupid as it sounds I just now realized what Shang Tsung's Friendship was - a Joust guy. All this time I thought it was a diamond ring or a frog or something. I guess I'm surprised because I love Joust too.

I just learned something new today

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I just realized juris air move is named after street fighter iterations.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
It was only in recent years that I learned most of my family members are fucked up.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
It's taken me 28 of my 32 years to realize "I'm a really Horny guy."

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Early college years I realized these 2 things:

-For all intents and purposes. Thought it was for all intensive purposes, lol

-"I could care less" should technically be "I couldn't care less" as I could care less means you could, lol

A common mistake is writing "would of" instead of "would have"... I think in late elementary school I was still using of instead of have. Would of, should of, could of. It drives me nuts nowadays when I see people writing like this on the internet.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
No shit, as a kid I thought the little road signs adorning overpasses was the name of the main highway changing until you got to the next overpass. :emb:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
when i was little i thought my grandma lived in the airport. its where we'd take her when she was leaving after visiting a while. and its where we'd pick her up when she'd come to visit. turned out she lived in miami. not the airport. which miami was another can of worms. my mother would tell me she lived in miami and so i always referred to it as your-ami. because i thought she meant it was my-ami. and since i didn't have an ami of my own, my mom's was hers and that carried on til i was about 5 and i realized that it was a city. yeah i was an idiot.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
It was only in recent years that I learned most of my family members are fucked up.

I knew that about mine for decades... it's only been the past two years, however, that I've come to realize that I really just can't stand my mother as a person. Same goes for my sister.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Same goes for my sister.

This is the same with me as well. My sister has absolutely zero likable qualities, and almost every person in my family has said something to the effect of "if she wasn't family, I'd have nothing to do with her." However, with that being said, I'm constantly arguing with my mother who wants me to try to have some sort of relationship with her. I don't get it.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
This is the same with me as well. My sister has absolutely zero likable qualities, and almost every person in my family has said something to the effect of "if she wasn't family, I'd have nothing to do with her." However, with that being said, I'm constantly arguing with my mother who wants me to try to have some sort of relationship with her. I don't get it.
Really makes you wonder how such people can be kin, doesn't it? My sister, I dislike primarily because she's such a carbon copy of my mother: petty, spiteful, self-righteous, passive-aggressive as all hell, etc. Only she's not as good at is, so it's just more blatant.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
When I was a wee little lad traveling around the countryside in the grandparents RV, I thought my initials were plastered all over the interstate -- JCT.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Blink 182 released a CD called Take Off Your Pants and Jacket and it took me about four years to get it. I was walking down the street with my friend at the time. I abruptly stopped walking:

"Dude. Take off your pants and jacket."

"Uhuhhh."

"No, no. Take off your pants... and jacket."

"WTF"

"Take of your PANTS... and JACKet."

"Holy shit."

There used to be shows a few towns away ever weekend and one of the stores that we'd drive by one the way was called Bunghole Liquors. We all laughed because of the "bunghole" thing. About 3 years later, I was at work and it hit me. I ran to a coworker and asked "do you know the store Bunghole Liquors?!" He said yeah, so I asked why it was funny and he just said "bunghole." So I said "Liquoooorrrrrsssss." His jaw dropped and then he laughed until he cried. I ended up telling all my friends who would go to these shows. 90% of them didn't get it until I spelled it out.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
bunghole_liquors.jpg

A fine package store indeed.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
There used to be shows a few towns away ever weekend and one of the stores that we'd drive by one the way was called Bunghole Liquors. We all laughed because of the "bunghole" thing. About 3 years later, I was at work and it hit me. I ran to a coworker and asked "do you know the store Bunghole Liquors?!" He said yeah, so I asked why it was funny and he just said "bunghole." So I said "Liquoooorrrrrsssss." His jaw dropped and then he laughed until he cried. I ended up telling all my friends who would go to these shows. 90% of them didn't get it until I spelled it out.

Considering that the bunghole is the name of the hole in barrels used for wine / rum/ etc.. it's not intentionally funny. Especially considering our colloquial use of bunghole is derived from the self-same hole.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Considering that the bunghole is the name of the hole in barrels used for wine / rum/ etc.. it's not intentionally funny. Especially considering our colloquial use of bunghole is derived from the self-same hole.

You're absolutely right. However....most people don't get the "lickers" when they hear Bunghole Liquors.

We all know the origin of the Bunghole.