New Project: MV-IC Replacement? edit: New Projects KE 4 player and Jong Controller

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I had thought about this in the past, but didn't think anyone would be interested. I got a PM yesterday asking about a more compact IC replacement for consolized 1, 4, and 6 slot boards. I'm up for it if there is enough interest and it shouldn't take long at all. To take it a step further, I can put a SaveMasta onboard with the memory card slot. If you put in a memory card, it will disable the onboard memory.

Only problem with progress is I no longer have a IC or an MVS board that supports it.

Ideas?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I'm interested in such device.

I have an IC and cables you could use for testing. Not sure if I have a spare working multi-slot board though.

Jeff

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I have a 2slot with some graphical issues (previous owner had a battery leak) but works otherwise.
Yours if you want it for testing and such.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'm interested in such device.

I have an IC and cables you could use for testing. Not sure if I have a spare working multi-slot board though.

Jeff

I have a 2slot with some graphical issues (previous owner had a battery leak) but works otherwise.
Yours if you want it for testing and such.

Thanks guys. Your 2 slot has the external IC connections right? I can try to fix the graphic issues as well.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Thanks guys. Your 2 slot has the external IC connections right? I can try to fix the graphic issues as well.

Bah, my bad....
My brain has been shot. It's the internal and not the IC version.
(had to check hardmvs quick)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
All I really need is the PCB, no cables needed. I'd rather borrow one if at all possible, I recently gave the one I had away.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
All I really need is the PCB, no cables needed. I'd rather borrow one if at all possible, I recently gave the one I had away.

I could send you the 4 slot from my cab if you need to borrow.
It hasn't been getting much play recently as I have been keeping jamma stuff in there lately.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just want to be clear.

So essentially an MV-IC clone that would work on 1, 4 and 6 slots that already support the MV-IC?

Or can it be adapted to the MV-1C, 1B, FZ mvs mobo as well? If so, I'm game.

You rock Brian.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I'm in, I like the idea of less cables around the cab even if less...original!

I have MVS mem card board and cables attached on a slot 4, if you need it I can ship it to you.
Of course, if you can make it using pics/traces whatever, so we can manage it from distance it would be great ;)
(anyway I'll be in Boston around 16th~22th, I could ship it from there, but you should send it back to Italy!)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Just want to be clear.

So essentially an MV-IC clone that would work on 1, 4 and 6 slots that already support the MV-IC?

Or can it be adapted to the MV-1C, 1B, FZ mvs mobo as well? If so, I'm game.

You rock Brian.

Its basically a clone on the IC with onboard memory. While I think it is possible to make one for the other MVS systems, it may be beyond my skillset. And I'd also need access to schematics for the various bards as well. Adding it to this project would be cool, but could take much longer to finish.

I have MVS mem card board and cables attached on a slot 4, if you need it I can ship it to you.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm set with help. Jeff is hooking me up with a IC board and xiao is on standby with a 4 slot.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Another thing I was thinking of making was a handheld Mahjong controller. It was another project I didnt think anyone would be interested in, but just throwing it out there now.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Another thing I was thinking of making was a handheld Mahjong controller. It was another project I didnt think anyone would be interested in, but just throwing it out there now.

Well, technically if you know the logic for the mahjong controller you could possibly grasp the logic of the 4 player Kizuna sub pcb. I remember everyone working on that then one day progress just stopped.

I know I'd be interested in that. Supposedly the game mode info is already in the game program but can only be accessed when the F1B-4P is plugged in.

You can do it Brian.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Well, technically if you know the logic for the mahjong controller you could possibly grasp the logic of the 4 player Kizuna sub pcb. I remember everyone working on that then one day progress just stopped.

I know I'd be interested in that. Supposedly the game mode info is already in the game program but can only be accessed when the F1B-4P is plugged in.

You can do it Brian.

That would be fecking sweet.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'd be really surprised if the Jong controller would help with the KE 4player. Where is the thread discussing it, I don't remember much on the progress. There really isn't anything to the Jong controller, no ICs just different wiring.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Ahhh I missed the Jong thread. What i wish we could get is a scan of the underside of that pcb and just copy the design.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I missed that thread too -- would be nice to have one of those controllers. That's one piece of obtainable Neo hardware that I don't have, and don't really want to spend what people are asking for them since the controller wouldn't get any use.

What would be nice is seeing that Kizuna 4 player board first-hand and replicating the PCB so that the community could get one if they wanted. Anyone have one of those that would want to loan it to Brian (or myself) to look at the hardware? A good high-res scan of both sides may do too.

Jeff

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
. Anyone have one of those that would want to loan it to Brian (or myself) to look at the hardware? A good high-res scan of both sides may do too.

That would be great if someone were to step up and loan us the KE set, though I doubt that will happen. What I don't want to happen is to have another party get a hold of it and charge an insane price for reproductions.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Oh man do I ever want one. Everytime I -do- end up having the cash for an external IC they're expensive as ass and when I'm broke they're everywhere. :(

Just to clarify, will it work on the 2B boards that have the IC connectors and not onboard?