So I sold my first Neo cab and got two more...

Spazz

n00b
So it wasn't long ago that I finally got some Neo Geo in the cab collection...

DSCF1726.jpg

This has now left as of yesterday.

Anyway, the rest of my collection is candy so I swore if I ever got the opportunity, I'd replace the Neo woody with a Neo candy... well, anyway, lots of sales of cabs, etc later and here are the 2 new Neo candies...

Super Neo Geo 29 Type 2 -

DSCF1882.jpg

and SNK 19 Mini Cab (which I'm going to redo the CPO on) -

DSCF1876.jpg

Now I just need to swap out 2 New Astro Cities for 2 other candies I haven't already got and I'll have the collection I want!:)

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nice! HERES MY NEW 4 SLOT

haha Nice. I did something Similar.

I got rid of my 4 Slot Woodie and
about 2 seconds later was shopping for Candy Cabs.

Here is what I have so far....
Eventually they are Going into a room in the house but I got them to the Garage at least
4632835821_15a64c9158_o.jpg

Still have a 2 slot hiding behind the Candies

Spazz

n00b
Nice set-up mate!:)

I do like woodies but candies pip them for me as they are more modern looking and fit into home environments better I think. Also, they are smaller and have bigger screens.

My progression in arcade collecting has gone something like this...

Cab No.1 - Homemade MAME 'Candy' - given to a friend

DSCF0707.jpg

Cab No.2 - purchased custom MAME woody - sold pretty sharpish

2.jpg

Cab No.3 - Nintendo Playchoice-10 woody - sold

DSCF1730.jpg

Cab No. 4 - Naomi Uni - kept - purchased some spare legs and will be converting this into a Net City-style sit down

DSCF0718.jpg

Cab No. 5 - Egret 2 - kept

DSCF1765.jpg

Cabs No. 6-11 - NACs and Astro Cities - 1x Astro, 3xNACs kept, 1x Astro and 1x NAC sold for restoration - these were all bought up in a mega cheap job lot and I restored the 4 I kept.:)

DSCF1387.jpg

DSCF1684.jpg

2 sold ones -
DSCF0929.jpg

Cab No. 12 - Attack UFO Cocktail - still in the process of getting some new control panels CNC'ed to make this jamma-friendly - kept -

DSCF1502.jpg

Cab No. 13 - Lindbergh - sold

DSCF1645.jpg

Cab No. 14 - Neo woody - sold
DSCF1737.jpg

Cab No. 15 - SNK 19 - kept -

DSCF1876.jpg

Cab No. 16 - Hyper Neo 29 Type 2 - kept -

DSCF1881.jpg

Frightening I've owned that many cabs!:eek: It seems like a very logical progression though. Started off with MAME as it seemed cheap and I also liked being creative with it but soon realised however much money you pour into these projects then can never compete with the real thing and it actually really adds up. Also, I don't like being flooded with game choices - you never tend to enjoy the games when you're too spoilt for choice. Original hardware is always better too.

Then a woody... cheaper than candies.

Then the Naomi - it's not quite a candy but it sort of is...

Then I got the Egret and struck it lucky with all those dirt cheap Astros... probably the big turning point as then I wanted to keep my collection consistent.

Then got a cocktail table for something different for our studio/office.

Then dabbled in HD gaming with the Lindbergh but soon realised it wasn't my thing...

Then decided to make the collection completely consistent by making them all candies (bar the cocktail!)

The only thing I want to do now is swap 2 of my NACs out with 2 candies I haven't got and then I'm done!;)

By the way... if you couldn't keep track... my current collection stands at - 1xHyper Neo 29, 1xSNK19, 1xEgret 2, 1xAstro City, 3xNAC, 1xNaomi, 1xCocktail

A lot of these photos are quite outdated now. It'll be nice to take some photos of the set up as it is now!

Last edited:

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
haha Nice. I did something Similar.

I got rid of my 4 Slot Woodie and
about 2 seconds later was shopping for Candy Cabs.

Here is what I have so far....
Eventually they are Going into a room in the house but I got them to the Garage at least
4632835821_15a64c9158_o.jpg

Still have a 2 slot hiding behind the Candies

Are you going to be adding a Viewlix in that line-up one day? Lol Check your pm.

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Are you going to be adding a Viewlix in that line-up one day? Lol Check your pm.

Yeah the goal is to build 2 Vewlix style Cabs. But I have to buy a bigger house if I want more. I have the parts for one but Work is keeping me from finishing it. 50-60 Hours a week lately

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Wow. That's a lot of different cabs coming and going. Is this a business?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is the Neo Sports Centre a 6 slot mobo or 4 slot? Kinda weird it only has 5 Minis. I'd love to have it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Haha, make sense.

If I had that on location I would fuck with people and put a fake game as the 5th choice like Dunkstar or Neo Pool Master or even Last Odyssey.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Haha, make sense.

If I had that on location I would fuck with people and put a fake game as the 5th choice like Dunkstar or Neo Pool Master or even Last Odyssey.

Neo Sparks maybe? They'll be queuing up to play that...

Spazz

n00b
Actually, you're wrong... the Sports Centre was a 6-slot... not a 4-slot - look at hard MVS. Stupid really... the whole design with 5 mini marquees is dumb!:spock:

Yeah, lots of comings and goings but no, I'm not in it for money/as a business. It's just a hobby...:) Part of the reason there has been so many changes was because my priorities changed. MAME was the beginning because I fancied doing something creative. I enjoyed the games and decided it was about time to get something better and dedicated as MAME cabs can't compete with the real thing. Woodies is a good entry as they are cheap, so got the Playchoice cheaply. Then I looked into candy cabs as they looked more visually appealing to me and it just snowballed from there. Always been a big Neo Geo fan hence why I bought another woody, then got the opportunity at some Neo candies so offed the woody to make the collection more consistent. There are a few more things I want to achieve with my collection but this feels like the beginning of the end now... which is good!:)

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
I could be wrong about this, but i thought the type 2 Super Neo 29 had the LCD in the marquee?

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Actually, you're wrong... the Sports Centre was a 6-slot... not a 4-slot - look at hard MVS. Stupid really... the whole design with 5 mini marquees is dumb!:spock:

Hmmmm - really. I have the "Electrocoin Single" and it came with a four slot which I am pretty sure was the original board...

I wonder where HardMVS get that info.

Spazz

n00b
I could be wrong about this, but i thought the type 2 Super Neo 29 had the LCD in the marquee?

Some do... not all of them... from what I read the only thing that makes a Type 2 is that they were meant for Hyper Neo Geo 64... and that the LCD marquee wasn't exclusive to them - if I could find a LCD marquee though that would be lovely!:)

Yeah... not sure about HardMVS - El Captain - your theory on it being a 4 slot with one generic marquee was my initial theory too... seems logical, doesn't it!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think they look way better without the LCD screen, that HNG64 marquee is tops!

Personally I have gone through at least 20 cabs, you don't always start with your definite setup, I think is more of a learning process in finding out what you like to have the most.

I'm at the point now where I preffer quality over quantity thus I have sold quite a bit and still have lots more to sell, but I'm not gonna rush it, once I hace some real free time I'm gonna work on a big sale.

Last edited: