I'm getting published!

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Both of those Ys games look really great, can't wait to check them out.

And congratulations Duece, its great to see developers who pay attention to fan efforts... you probably did a better job with this than any other clown they could hire due to your love for the series. Well done, Im sure you are excited to see the final product.

Uh, maybe you could put a bug in their ear that you just *happen* to have been working on a SS RPG english translation... :)

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
So tell me, Deuce. How likely do you think it is that this might lead to more translation work for you? Another income is always nice.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Awsome! I gotta pick up the game so I KNOW who to bitch about for little nitpicky things like overtranslating Varestine to Valestein...

Falcom's official translation is Valestein, and I happen to like it that way. The less "Romaji-ish" a word/name is, the better. You also have to bear in mind that the series takes place (Ys VI aside) in a fictionalized Europe. So, most all of the names would be based around the Romantic languages.

And congratulations Duece, its great to see developers who pay attention to fan efforts... you probably did a better job with this than any other clown they could hire due to your love for the series. Well done, Im sure you are excited to see the final product.
Like you can't even imagine. :) I'm always stoked for Ys English releases, anyway.

Uh, maybe you could put a bug in their ear that you just *happen* to have been working on a SS RPG english translation... :)
I kind of doubt that would lead anywhere. The only place it could wind up would likely be is on VC, and I really just don't see it being worth the trouble.

So tell me, Deuce. How likely do you think it is that this might lead to more translation work for you? Another income is always nice.
It's possible. They've added me to their "short list" of freelance people to approach for translation work.

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
That is fricking awesome man! I might buy the game now just based off that fact.

Marek

Banned
Congrats Deuce

Did you maybe leave one piece of engrish in there? Kind of like how some Native American bands used to intentionally put one bad stitch in a blanket.

That said, Victoly!

edit: Has your penis grown as a result of this news?

Last edited:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Massive props Deuce, that's pretty damned awesome.
I'm really pleasantly surprised that these games are coming at such a late point in the PSP's lifespan, and I'm very tempted to pick up a system just to play them.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I wish to also add how cool the game looks. Nice to be a part of something so awesome looking.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
It's possible. They've added me to their "short list" of freelance people to approach for translation work.

Well now, that's pretty damn cool too. Good luck with getting more work out of the deal.

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
I cannot even begin to comprehend the joy you must have to be able contribute to one of your favorite video game series. Way to go, dude!

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Did you work it into the agreement for a free copy of the finished game? Either way, congrats on that man, it's not everyday someone gets their foot into the gaming industry door.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
That is great news, Deuce. Congrats.

There's nothing like getting fan work you did as a labor of love getting published as official product. Truly a pipe dream:)

Now how's that SS RPG translation coming along?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

3 pages, I'm surprised.

Glad you got paid Deuce, about time. So can you confirm it was a 5 figure payment? That's some nice coin for a translation.

I can't wait to play SS RPG, translated by the same guy who did Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Has a ring to it.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Congrats duce i heard about xseed games publishing for falcom on the psp.

Still..i had no idea they were gonna use your patch !!

Hmm looks like i'll probably get a psp slim soon then.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well, congrats, man! :)

"very fast, action-focused Zelda" sounds good, guess I'll take a look into it then. So far I only played some Mega Drive Ys game that was more like a platformer.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Awesome! Congrats! heh, I just made a new topic about the Ys and Falcom games coming to the US, but I had no idea that they were using your script for it.

Oath in Felghana is an awesome game and I'm surely going to buy it when it comes out even if I already beat it. It's worth playing again and supporting the release of.

Deuce

Did you maybe leave one piece of engrish in there? Kind of like how some Native American bands used to intentionally put one bad stitch in a blanket.
Not in Ys, no. I did leave a few homages to SS2's Engrish in SSRPG, though.

edit: Has your penis grown as a result of this news?
I have to hire an entire fleet of trucks to cart it around. Organizing that convoy in the mornings is a royal pain, let me tell you.

Did you work it into the agreement for a free copy of the finished game? Either way, congrats on that man, it's not everyday someone gets their foot into the gaming industry door.
Thanks. As for a free copy, it's never been discussed. Even if they did, I'll still buy a copy, just to add one more sale. It is Ys in English, after all.

Right where it's been. The last couple of weeks have been hectic, getting all of this XSEED business hashed out.

Glad you got paid Deuce, about time. So can you confirm it was a 5 figure payment? That's some nice coin for a translation.
I can confirm that the reports of my vast amounts of filthy lucre are greatly exaggerated.

"very fast, action-focused Zelda" sounds good, guess I'll take a look into it then. So far I only played some Mega Drive Ys game that was more like a platformer.
Yeah, Oath in Felghana is a remake of that game... the storyline is expanded a bit, to make it fit better within the overarching plot of the series as a whole, and using the engine that was introduced in Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim. It's arguably the best game in the series.

Marek

Banned
I have to hire an entire fleet of trucks to cart it around. Organizing that convoy in the mornings is a royal pain, let me tell you.

I bet your check could probably fetch enough Rubles for one of these -

SS-25_Topol_ballistic_missile_system_Russian_Army_Russia_003.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Right where it's been. The last couple of weeks have been hectic, getting all of this XSEED business hashed out.

You do realize I was jesting, right?

Don't make me compare your empty SS RPG promises to politics, now.

Deuce

You do realize I was jesting, right?

Don't make me compare your empty SS RPG promises to politics, now.

Empty? Tut tut. I never promised anyone a release date. I only said it'll be released when it's done, and that it will be completed. So, nyah. And stuff.

In all seriousness, I have found that my extended hiatus has presented a minor problem. I have to re-familiarize myself with the various tools I was using, like FEIDIAN and TileMolester (I know, I know). Not a huge issue, but annoying, nonetheless.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I can see how that might be a problem. I just hope you don't fall into the writer's trap of re-reading what you've written, hating it, and deciding to rewrite it all over again. That has derailed many a project of my own. I'm my own worst enemy in trying to complete something worthy of submitting for publication precisely because of that. But I'm getting better and working on building a habit of completing drafts. Having a manuscript completed, even if it's just a rough draft, is a massive hurdle for writers and a great first step.

But enough of that. This is still awesome news, man. I'm so happy for you.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
How is it pronounced? Is it Yeeees, or Wise?

Medaka

King of the Salsa Sharks, ,
I wonder if they even bother to check the translation of it or do they trust that its good :D

Deuce

I wonder if they even bother to check the translation of it or do they trust that its good :D

They'll have to go over it, even if it's just to make certain that everything fits into the PSP's memory.