This is strange but.....does anyone play Dance Dance Revolution?

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Do you? Or have you ever?

I DDR pretty often.....:emb:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I used to a lot back in the early 00s, but got bored with it. I also had a special place in my heart for the awful music, and once they started introducing big name musicians or covers of their songs I lost that aspect as well.

5th mix was the pinnacle of it all.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
Used to with drunken friends. It's a lot of fun, but a far better simulation of stamping out small fires than dancing. Singstar seems to have taken over for drunken get togethers and the drum bits on Rockband give me my rhythm action fix these days. I should probably pick up one of those plastic guitar things for that, they're a bit daft but I'm sort of missing out on half the game I guess.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Do you? Or have you ever?

I DDR pretty often.....:emb:

I used to get the home games for shits and giggles. I have AA'd so deep and Rhythmn and Police on expert :tickled:

I actually really used to like the game.. until the home ports became nothing but famous pop musicians and never game us the good stuff.

I think the US MAX mixes were the best we got. I'd probably pick it up for PS3 if it ever came out.

3rd mix (JP) > All.

I stopped playing around 04 though.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Back in 05-06, like crazy. I got up to just barely failing out of a few 10s, then got mono and couldn't play for a while.

I picked up beatmania and got fat :(

I play about once a week, there's several machines around here and I have a nice modded softpad at home. I can still pull off a 9 now and then, but it just makes me sad remembering that they used to not be an issue. I used to warm up on 7s, now I can barely do them.

Last edited:

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
I have three copies of ddr for the 360, two with dance pads, all three....unopened. God I'm an uncoordinated fat ass.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I used to think it was stupid. Then, I actually played it. It's fun as hell. Haven't played in years, but I remember loving the shit out of the game.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I used to play the hell out of that series, did for many years. Over the course of PS1 through 360, I would estimate that I have, say, 9 or 10 different DDRs and then probably 5 dance pads.

Never got to the DAKOF in his prime level, but I was solidly above average side.

I should break some of those out, come to think of it.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Adam, i've YET to see this riced out pad you got! :D

On topic, I DDR on occasion. Not as much as I used to though cause of IIDX, pop'n and other music games out there. From 02 - 06, I used to DDR it often! The local putt putt has DDR X but it sucks hardcore. The only DDRs I like are Extreme and the titles before it. Super Nova is okay and i'm annoyed with SN 2.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I got Extreme for the PS2 about six years ago...fun times before Guitar Hero dominated the music game scene. It even helped me to rebuild my quads after my knee surgery.

Nowadays I just play in arcades since the basic home pads are so shitty and I don't want to shell out for a nice one. I pop in a credit and play on Easy to make an ass of myself. :emb:

Pump it Up has a better dance pad but worse music.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Pump it Up has a better dance pad but worse music.

S2010064.jpg

:crying:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
riced out pad
You'd be disappointed, it's just taped to a piece of plywood. It's really taut so it's sensitive and doesn't feel so bad to play on, but it's nothing special.

By the way a few months back I had a Cobalt Flux but sold it for what I paid for it ($100). If I want "The Arcade Experience" I can hit up one of many arcades near here and play. If I want to play custom songs on my PC I don't mind using my modded softmat. There was no need for it.

Oh and to clarify, I meant before that I could pass most 9s, and there were a few 10s that I was close to passing. Except for Bag on 5x I never passed any 10s.

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
I haven't played DDR much since college. I didn't think I was in that good of shape at the time, but comparing now to then, I spent most of 2009 riding my bike a lot (20 - 30 miles a day) and was getting into pretty good shape again, but DDR is still way too much for me.

I would love to be in the kind of shape I was back then again, but I just don't have the time nowadays. I would bike 5 miles to the arcade a couple times a week, play DDR for 3 to 5 hours on and off, and bike home.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I played up through 3rd Mix for the PSX import edition. I always preferred the Japanese music over the US versions. It just seemed to be the kind of quirky Asian-centric game that worked better with music native to the region.

Played in the arcades a few times but mostly I'd play at home for the workout mode. Then I got sick and my body couldn't keep up anymore so I quit. We still have all the stuff. Maybe someday, if I ever regain a semblance of my former health, I'll give it another go. I never felt it got played out or anything.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
DDR is great, when I lived in Mexico my cousin lend me his for the ps1. I couldn't buy many new games over there so I decided to try this out. I played it like crazy! My grandma as like "Stop! You're gonna dehydrate yourself!". Then when I came back to the US. I got DDR Extreme 2, while later I got Supernova, Supernova 2, then DDR max 2 to see if older had better. The japanese songs are good, but I did like some songs that weren't and I particularly liked DDR-ing to AHA in Supernova 2. It's also good to pay attention to which songs have a good beat or a good set of steps.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I love that ddr shit....and really got into step mania on the pc during high school. The psx/early ps2 games are great but the supernova and beyond games had awful soundtracks.

When I see a working machine I'll always play a few rounds.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
The games are fun.

Last edited:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I've tried playing with my daughter and I suck but it is fun. I enjoy watching people that throw their own techniques into the movements so that it looks so much more graceful then just stomping on bugs which is how I look.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
When I was in japan a few weeks ago, I actually met paula terry at the bar. She sings a bunch of songs for the DDR Bemini game mixes. Long story short, hit it off, and she ended up sticking her tongue down my throat.

Weird story.

But yeah, the games are fun.

lol

anyways yeah I was really into it back in 9th/10th grade, but I only played DDRMAX 1 mainly and then 2. I don't like playing in public cuz then i get all nervous and sweaty

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
When I was in japan a few weeks ago, I actually met paula terry at the bar. She sings a bunch of songs for the DDR Bemini game mixes. Long story short, hit it off, and she ended up sticking her tongue down my throat.

Weird story.

But yeah, the games are fun.
I have Paula Terry facebooked. I oughta ask her about this.