NOTICE to sellers dealing with zero/one-post buyers (and vice versa)

aria

Former Moderator
We regularly make sweeps of all zero-post (and occasionally 1-post) accounts to remove sleeper Spam-bots. One such sweep just took place on Sept. 16. There is no set schedule for these sweeps, so please be wary if you are in the midst of a deal with someone on NG.com that has no post count.

The easiest way to prevent this from occurring is to post/reply in the forums where posts are added to your post count. The only sub-forums where posts do not count are Suggestions, the War Room, and all the Market forums.

The Market forums were originally created to serve the established members, and the difficulty in differentiating between "real" zero/one post account and bot zero/one post accounts is virtually impossible (Mods and admins cannot see if you have PMs or sort by that number). Literally dozens of new accounts are registered each day, and a significant number of those accounts are bots that, finding our set moratorium on starting a thread, end up not spamming the board but sitting dormant (and sometimes reawakening and causing problems).

We apologize for any confusion caused by this last sweep, but please note that this will continue in the future.

fuda

n00b
im new here and want to know all the rules first and its good to know someone is watching out for the buyers/sellers.

Thanks

Edit: Thanks for the link about the rules.

Last edited:

NOAH

New Challenger
I have a zero trader rating and am legitimately interested in some stuff on here. I see that my posts remained on the New Astro City post so I'm assuming my post was okay.

K

Kyle

I went and posted to not get purged. Meus and myself (and I'm assuming others) are from shoryuken.com, have high feedback, and want to give your users money. :) Thanks for the heads up.

I wasn't aware of this post and my account that I have had since 2003 got deleted. It sucks. My itrader rating is gone. I have to start all over. I will post more in varied forums.

I had no idea you couldn't make a new topic as a n00b. I kept trying to make an introduction thread in "teh Drama" forum and couldn't. LOL Odd to even have that forum if you can't make a new topic in it as a n00bie, but whatev.

W

wmacmonagle

Yes, I lost mine but that s okay. Now i know why. Thank you for the warning.

MY suggestion is.. Next time if you do the sweeps.. Please send PM to those groups and warn and give them deadline to post or something to keep their name.

know what i mean..

thanks dude!

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Yes, I lost mine but that s okay. Now i know why. Thank you for the warning.

MY suggestion is.. Next time if you do the sweeps.. Please send PM to those groups and warn and give them deadline to post or something to keep their name.

know what i mean..

thanks dude!

Why would it be the mods responsibility to contact those that are merely using this community to conduct deals (against the rules of the marketplace) and not become an actual part of the community?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Hi i dont know why my post is still zero. i have posted here before and still at 0 post. If im doing something wrong please tell me.
As noted by Bobak in the first post:
The only sub-forums where posts do not count are Suggestions, the War Room, and all the Market forums.
Why would it be the mods responsibility to contact those that are merely using this community to conduct deals (against the rules of the marketplace) and not become an actual part of the community?
Totally agree with xiao on this. Be an active part of the Neo and EARN the right to conduct deals. It's a privilege, not a right.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
As noted by Bobak in the first post:
The only sub-forums where posts do not count are Suggestions, the War Room, and all the Market forums.

Totally agree with xiao on this. Be an active part of the Neo and EARN the right to conduct deals. It's a privilege, not a right.

And i can confirm being part of this community and have those privileges are totally worth it:buttrock:

aria

Former Moderator
A cleaning just occurred. The site feels lighter already!

One-post accounts (most of which are very old) are also being eliminated.

Post or DIE.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Are they really BotS?

Or are they Chinese wage slaves?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
A cleaning just occurred. The site feels lighter already!

One-post accounts (most of which are very old) are also being eliminated.

Post or DIE.

Thank you! You just nuked some asshead that attempted to poison my selling thread.

So...

So, all I need to do is participate in some of the other sections of the forum, and I won't end up losing my account in the market. That works, and I appreciate knowing this. I had intended to spend most or all of my time buying and selling games here.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
So, all I need to do is participate in some of the other sections of the forum, and I won't end up losing my account in the market. That works, and I appreciate knowing this. I had intended to spend most or all of my time buying and selling games here.

What would you think of this site if it didn't have a market?

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
Damn, I was a one post loser with a 100% iTrader feedback. I don't have much to contribute but I do like to buy things. What is a safe post count to prevent getting nuked?