VLiner trouble

maximm

n00b
Having problems getting my VLiner to work properly. Everything seems fine until i try to pop in a coin, and the game restarts. Same with service switch.

Anyone know how to get back the menu that you get when you first start the game? Tried playing 8 other games to clear memory, and another motherboard, but nothing.

Thanks for any advice!

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
You must use the special wiring harness on the cart for coin (and hopper) functions.

Jeff

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
maximm said:
ack the menu that you get when you first start the game? Tried playing 8 other games to clear memory, and another motherboard, but nothing.

Not really related, but why wouldn't you just 'reset backup data' in the hardware test menu for the MVS board instead? :spock:

maximm

n00b
Can someone guide me how to reset my mobo? Got a small 1-slot, its a MV-1A. I really cant figure out how to get that VLiner menu back.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Turn it on with no cart in, go into the first option, hardware test or whatever, keep cycling through with start until you get a screen that says PRESS ABC to reset game data or something similar. Do that and you should have erased the backup memory.

maximm

n00b
Thanks, erased the backup memory, but still no menu when booting the game!

Edit: Randomly tried connecting the pins on the cart, and got the manu up by connecting the lower left two!

Still restarts inserint coin. I Wonder what the pinout is on that carts hopper-connector. Maybe i could send some 5v into there somewhere =)

There we go

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 0

Pin 6+7 = Menu
Pin 6+2 = Coin 2

Now its playable without a hopper at least =). Pretty cool game, atleast its cheaper than staying out in bars... Is this game still sought after in the Neo Geo community?

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have the wiring info somewhere -- I can make a copy if you need.

Jeff

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The advice in this thread was good. I'm not sure why it didn't help.

FYI, the Unibios 3.0 adds a cheat to automatically coin up the two players without the special harness.

Can I ask how you got V-Liner? It would be cool to find out how many people actually own the game.

maximm

n00b
I have the wiring info somewhere -- I can make a copy if you need.

Jeff
I would love that thanks!

Neo Alec, i bought it from a friend recently. Dont really know why, mostly because its pretty rare and id like something special in my collection. Ive searched the forum looking for information and what ive gathered so far is that its a legit release, althou not much of a game, so its mainly for the completionists who want a complete MVS-collection as such. Am i right in this?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I just bought one on an ebay auction for over $300. Just found out the seller has more of them too, and I've paid $37 twice to ship it from Brazil due to a shipping error, so overall I got pretty ripped off in the deal.

simioni

New Challenger
Back to topic, sorry :up:

JMKurtz, can u post the wiring info pls?

Im running Vliner @ 5V only and no sound at all ... :crying:

Thx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Back to topic, sorry :up:

JMKurtz, can u post the wiring info pls?

Im running Vliner @ 5V only and no sound at all ... :crying:

Thx

Last post was close to 7 years ago... Jeff prob forgot this existed...

...Prob best PM him...

xROTx

PS. This necrobump isn't too bad... but consider the possibilty of creating a new thread.... with pictures and details...

...This will help the lads see the issue from the FIRST post.... without too much scrolling...