Melty Blood Actress Again

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Anybody played this one? Thoughts, comments?

http://e56.info/mbaa/index.html

ss_ss08l.jpg

ss_ss02l.jpg

Last edited:

leepantalone

Do any of you guys run an import PS2? I was thinking of buying one, but have waited...

I guess you can get a new one right now for about 200US....

Maybe I will pick up one.

Does anyone know if the network play works from the US on a JP system?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
never was a fan of the MB series so i can't say much.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
MB player here, from what I read, you have 3 different modes to choose from in the way you fight. I believe if you want to stick to the Re: Act and Act Cadenza style, you would have to select Crescent Moon or some wierd shit like that.

leepantalone

MB player here, from what I read, you have 3 different modes to choose from in the way you fight. I believe if you want to stick to the Re: Act and Act Cadenza style, you would have to select Crescent Moon or some wierd shit like that.

Do you use an import PS2?

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
Do any of you guys run an import PS2? I was thinking of buying one, but have waited...

I have an import PS2 I haven't tried to play a network game in over year but last time I tried I couldn't connect.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
Do you use an import PS2?

No I don't, I play on PC. I just read it via MB articles, forums, etc.

The other difference here besides the different modes is that everyone has new moves and sprites. Two new characters, one being Roa and other I forgot, but I believe she is from the same group Ciel is from.

leepantalone

The other difference here besides the different modes is that everyone has new moves and sprites. Two new characters, one being Roa and other I forgot, but I believe she is from the same group Ciel is from.

Is there a release on PC or are you emulating it?

Space Runaway

stakes winning forever

Riez was a shield templar attached to Sion's ill-fated vampire hunting expedition that occurred leading up to the events in Melty Blood. She is the other girl (a facsimile, actually) that appears in Vampire Sion's Last Arc. She is also most certainly very dead, as she was killed by TATARI during aforementioned expedition.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

so characters don't look like pixelated fuck fests now on top of boring backgrounds now?

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,

If I do go to Anime Expo next year, I want to play you in this. Here's hoping for version B to come out on the PS2 soon! :buttrock:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Chinatown Fair has it, to be honest a little bit too juggle happy/chain happy for me... and boy, the sprites sure look pixelly. Way more than KOF sprites, not just in idle animation, but in moving animation as well.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"

I am pretty sure NTSC-U games will not play NTSC-J games online, and vice versa whether the system is modded or not. I heard there is some kind of region lock when it comes to playing online. A Japanese guy also told me that he doesn't play ps2 fighters online because it's too laggy anyways, so he prefers to stick to GGPO because there's less lag.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I got to play it at University Pinball in Philadelphia. It's actually really good. I'll probably be picking up the JP PS2 game when it comes out.

Jon

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Already made a preorder through NCS for the LE version. Can't wait! I'm a sucker for Type-Moon stuff.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Would a JP PS2 game run on a US BC PS3?

And what generator are they using that comes up with these wacky names?

"Melty Blood Actress Again", "Guilty Gear XX Accent Core", "Every Extend Extra", "Trusty Bell"...?

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Would a JP PS2 game run on a US BC PS3?

And what generator are they using that comes up with these wacky names?

"Melty Blood Actress Again", "Guilty Gear XX Accent Core", "Every Extend Extra", "Trusty Bell"...?

No.