Soft Drinks of the World Unite!

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
So, we have the beer thread. I love beer. But I love import/exotic soft drinks as well.
From Jamaican-style Ting, to San Pelligrino sodas...etc etc.

Right now I've got some Grace Ginger Beer, which is essentially Ginger Ale on steroids. My wife won't drink it because she thinks it's got too much kick to it. Great stuff though.

Anyway, sound off with reccomendations etc! Summer is the official season of this shit, right?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
dublin dr. pepper. brewed and bottled in dublin texas, man let me tell you. it is dr. pepper the way it should be. original recipie, no add ins or fillers, just pure can sugar, and whatever other stuff. it's amazing.

dark penguin

dublin dr. pepper. brewed and bottled in dublin texas, man let me tell you. it is dr. pepper the way it should be. original recipie, no add ins or fillers, just pure can sugar, and whatever other stuff. it's amazing.

I don't doubt it...I love the widely available Doctor Pepper stuff, as you can probably tell by my sig. I'm assuming it's not exported? I'd probably love it.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
/Thread.

Actually, these cans are pretty old. Haven't had Pocari Sweat, or Jolt in a long time. :p Random Fun Fact: Old school Jolt >>>> New Jolt.

canscanscans.jpg

dark penguin

/Thread.

Actually, these cans are pretty old. Haven't had Pocari Sweat, or Jolt in a long time. :p Random Fun Fact: Old school Jolt >>>> New Jolt.

I haven't had Jolt recently..I used to like it back in the 90s, and then it pretty much disappeared up in my area. I thought they stopped making it...I guess it just wasn't very popular around here.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
I haven't had Jolt recently..I used to like it back in the 90s, and then it pretty much disappeared up in my area. I thought they stopped making it...I guess it just wasn't very popular around here.
Well, they actually manufacture it around this area. I've heard it's hard to find in certain areas of the U.S., so you're not alone. :(

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Vegitabeta.

It is sex in liquid form.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
I haven't drank much soda in the past few years due to me wanting to improve my health, but Mexican sodas taste a thousand times better than their American counterparts.

Barrilitos for the win

www.barrilitos.com

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Unite and take over!

Can you buy this anywhere online? I really prefer cane sugar for teh soda I do drink, and I love Dr.Pepper.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I think I saw the Dr. Pepper bottling factory on Food Network a while back. They mentioned how they still use the same bottles when people recycle them. They say they pretty much get the bottles back, clean them out and fill them and sell them again, pretty cool. I'd like to try it with the real pure cane sugar.

I will also agree with the OLD Jolt. Fuck this "Energy Drink" bullshit. I want my old Jolt and Orange Jolt back again. I tried the new stuff and hated it, I miss the way they had it.

As much as I hate Mountain Dew, I like their other flavors. I look forward to when they bring Live Wire out, because I like orange soda, and Code Red isn't that bad. I wish they'd bring Game Fuel but under another name.

SSS

neo retired
So, we have the beer thread. I love beer. But I love import/exotic soft drinks as well.
From Jamaican-style Ting, to San Pelligrino sodas...etc etc.

Right now I've got some Grace Ginger Beer, which is essentially Ginger Ale on steroids. My wife won't drink it because she thinks it's got too much kick to it. Great stuff though.

Anyway, sound off with reccomendations etc! Summer is the official season of this shit, right?

Mr. Pibb takes a dump on your signature.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think I saw the Dr. Pepper bottling factory on Food Network a while back. They mentioned how they still use the same bottles when people recycle them. They say they pretty much get the bottles back, clean them out and fill them and sell them again, pretty cool. I'd like to try it with the real pure cane sugar.

I will also agree with the OLD Jolt. Fuck this "Energy Drink" bullshit. I want my old Jolt and Orange Jolt back again. I tried the new stuff and hated it, I miss the way they had it.

As much as I hate Mountain Dew, I like their other flavors. I look forward to when they bring Live Wire out, because I like orange soda, and Code Red isn't that bad. I wish they'd bring Game Fuel but under another name.

Bottling is regional, is it not?

There isn't just one bottling factory. How else would you get region specific adds on your cans/bottles?

Jolt is shit.

Coke still remains the best soda ever. PERIOD.

Cherry 7up is my faorite non-cola soda.

I haven't tried many micro-brew sodas, mainly because they are expensive, and at least with beer you can get drunk :tickled:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
is Tab any good?

I remember I used to drink Vault a lot because it was cheap as hell.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Jarritos Limon bitches.

Soooo much sugar yet so much flavor.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Jarritos Limon bitches.

Soooo much sugar yet so much flavor.

jarritos reminds me of those water freeze pops

anyone remember crystal clear pepsi? i dont remember the taste now but liked it back then but i also liked faygo. have not drank a soda in 3+years but for international flavor i like colombiana , there was also a cola in korea that was nuts forgot the name though.

anyways if you want the original jolt or coke for that matter check this place out
http://www.sodapopstop.com/products/browse.cfm?link=2
i can say i did try most of those sodas on that site , only ones that came to mind are the worst ones goya malt solda and antaric guearana ginger stand out the most.

Last edited:

A1Guy

Mr. Big's Thug
Whats the name of that Moutain Dew at Taco Bell? Baha Blast or something? It's like the MD of fruit punch or something?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
JS094.jpg

I really cut back on my soda intake, but I enjoy this cream soda when I can.

Soniku

Whats the name of that Moutain Dew at Taco Bell? Baha Blast or something? It's like the MD of fruit punch or something?

Baja Blast, and it's terrible, at least I think it is. It tastes nothing like Mountain Dew which is one of my favorite sodas... Hell, I even like AMP, but I can't stand that stuff. Then again, this is coming from someone who thought that Pepsi Blue actually tasted good (although a bit... medicinal...), so don't listen to me.

Speaking of Mountain Dew, are they still selling that flavor that came in the Halo 3 bottles? That stuff was pretty good, whatever it was.

Vegitabeta.

It is sex in liquid form.

I apologize in advance for this, but I can't help it:

But seriously, what does that stuff taste like? Carrot-soda?

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
1. Dr. Good Guy is the best name for a Dr. Pepper clone ever, though it tastes terrible

2. Henry Weinhardt's root beer is easily the best root beer I've ever had
743fb99af718467b_m.jpg

3. Jones Soda is universally amazing. I know there was a thread about it before, but I have to mention it again. Fucking try it if you haven't
jones-soda.jpg

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Another vote for Dublin Dr. Pepper!

That stuff is the best. The only way I can find it around here is by going to smaller grocery stores that have exotic drink sections.

Cheerwine is a tasty soda, if you can find it. It's made with cane sugar in its bottled form, and tastes somewhat like a cherry flavored Dr. Pepper. :drool_2:

Cactus Cooler is one of the few southern-California local sodas that I can think of. It's a nice blend of orange and pineapple.

Moxie cola is one of the most unusual sodas I've had. I guess it's a regional drink from the northeast US. It has a pleasant flavor followed by a HARSH cane sugar after-taste. Beware of this one! I'm not a big fan of it, but it's worth trying at least once.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Virgil's Root Beer....amazing stuff:

virgils.jpg

AND...thae company that makes Virgil's also makes my personal favorite, Reed's Ginger Ale:

home.jpg

Aw man that shit is so good...

dark penguin

A word needs to be said here about Chinotto flavored drinks...it's an italian citrus fruit used in several sodas. I know San Pellegrino makes one, but we have a local one here in Ontario which I've loved for years:

Brio+-+yes+0+photoplasia.jpg

But shit, yea...post more pics/reccomendations...let's slaughter some more bandwidth!