Who loves pinball? (moved)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The original MM remakes were basically the same except all led instead of incandescent, and different driver boards, electronics. The mechanicals are all the same. The cabinet uses improved wood, and the LE trim added shaker motor, color dmd chip and gold trim.

Recently, they came out with a royal edition which has all that plus an upgraded screen, speaker system, custom topper and powder coat trim, and active led based on modes.

This brings them in line with the AFM and MB SE/LE models, and cgc also allows for original mm remake owners to buy these options to install as well.

Some people say the old ones play differently but I think its mostly people salty their old investment isn't worth what it used to be. The older ones are easier to do solder work on though.

Royal Edition sounds like an amazing set up. Personally, AFM and MM were my most played pins back in the 90s, along with Addams Family, which felt like an easy pin, but had so much great detail. I don't care if a pin is easy, so long as the details are there.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Royal Edition sounds like an amazing set up. Personally, AFM and MM were my most played pins back in the 90s, along with Addams Family, which felt like an easy pin, but had so much great detail. I don't care if a pin is easy, so long as the details are there.

100%
I just want the game to be fun. I still miss AFM but space only allows for so many games so if you want to try something else you need to make a choice. For me it was either let go of AFM or MM.
MM feels like a slightly evolved AFM, its really down to theme preference and a few extra shots, id be happy with either but having both in a small collection you realize they are very similar.

I recommend pins if you can take the hit up front and buy one slightly used, you know what you're getting and you will most likely break even or even possibly trade when its time to move one. The price entry barrier is high of course, but stern pros can be had for under 5k and are still fun.

I think CGC next remake will either be
Cactus canyon
Theater of magic
Tales of the Arabian nights

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Out or the 3 remakes MBR would be the first to go. I like it but it’s not something I play everyday. The kids like it too which is always a good thing. I have a few deep games in the lineup as well. Currently sitting at 9 pins with TSPP, FGY, LOTR, SM, TFLE, and XMLE. The TFLE, XMLE, and SM will be getting sold. I would like to get some newer sterns as well. Eventually I will but got other expenses right now.

As far as the pool goes it’s already in the works. I’m aware of the costs and we’re going with a fiberglass pool to help with maintenance costs.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Out or the 3 remakes MBR would be the first to go. I like it but it’s not something I play everyday. The kids like it too which is always a good thing. I have a few deep games in the lineup as well. Currently sitting at 9 pins with TSPP, FGY, LOTR, SM, TFLE, and XMLE. The TFLE, XMLE, and SM will be getting sold. I would like to get some newer sterns as well. Eventually I will but got other expenses right now.

As far as the pool goes it’s already in the works. I’m aware of the costs and we’re going with a fiberglass pool to help with maintenance costs.

Hope it has a heater.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I love Monster Bash but I dont know how quickly I would tire of one in my home. I would enjoy a remake of ToTAN or ToM but would have a hard time picking between the two. I think Tales is the better overall game but I believe Theater has a better fun factor.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
100%
I just want the game to be fun. I still miss AFM but space only allows for so many games so if you want to try something else you need to make a choice. For me it was either let go of AFM or MM.
MM feels like a slightly evolved AFM, its really down to theme preference and a few extra shots, id be happy with either but having both in a small collection you realize they are very similar.

I recommend pins if you can take the hit up front and buy one slightly used, you know what you're getting and you will most likely break even or even possibly trade when its time to move one. The price entry barrier is high of course, but stern pros can be had for under 5k and are still fun.

I think CGC next remake will either be
Cactus canyon
Theater of magic
Tales of the Arabian nights

So here's the problem: None of those games really hold a candle to today's machines. But, with that said, I'd love a TOTAN remake. CC is just so weak, the rarity is the only reason anyone gives a single crap about it. Never got into TOM. I would take a Twilight Zone remake, but that would be a licensing (not to mention, technical) nightmare, most likely.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Yeah I have zero interest in CC but its rumored.
MB is way more of a keeper than totan or tom imo.
TOTAN and TOM can both be easily beaten within a weekend if you own it in the home, hell TOM doesn't even have a final wizard mode, while TOTAN does, but you can't even lose if you get there, plus you have manually plunge the whole time.
TOM shoots way better than TOTAN which constantly lamp blocks most of your shots.

Like most JPop games - big on presentation, mechs that are cool, software thats rarely finished and realized. The price they command is absurd for what you get.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Absolutely beautiful. Precisely what needs to be replaced when doing the GI? I love the light changing effects just like MB, now.

From a CE its switching all the GI LEDs with new RGB LEDs, stringing in new harnesses to the Topper PCB it comes with which switches it over to interactive. Rewiring the Pop Bumper LEDs to an adapter harness to a GI connector on the playfield PCB. RJ45 splitter and power adapter to power and communicate the Topper PCB. About a hour and a half for someone that knows their way around a pin.

For the original 2015 MMr its changing out all the GI wiring loops with new ones and a few more steps.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
From a CE its switching all the GI LEDs with new RGB LEDs, stringing in new harnesses to the Topper PCB it comes with which switches it over to interactive. Rewiring the Pop Bumper LEDs to an adapter harness to a GI connector on the playfield PCB. RJ45 splitter and power adapter to power and communicate the Topper PCB. About a hour and a half for someone that knows their way around a pin.

For the original 2015 MMr its changing out all the GI wiring loops with new ones and a few more steps.
Yeah I love my RE. After owning all 3 remakes I feel like AFMR is missing something now.