Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

powerflower

Banned
You are insane. Sold that piece of gold. You need some medicine...RGB SCART and stuff...sold...Don't sell your soul again, please and get that puppy back you fool ;)

I am ashamed I have Waku only on MVS...poor powerflower...

Never sell your own puppies, NEVER!

Sold my Sega CDX modded by me...how dumb is that??

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
You are insane. Sold that piece of gold. You need some medicine...RGB SCART and stuff...sold...Don't sell your soul again, please and get that puppy back you fool ;)

I am ashamed I have Waku only on MVS...poor powerflower...

Never sell your own puppies, NEVER!

I had to, man. I was in a bad way financially.
Sold all of my Neo stuff, all my games, all my consolized MVS and CPSII stuff, all my rare console stuff.
Sad times...

Just starting to get Neo stuff back on track. :) Shit costs about 3x as much as it did last time though. lol

Never appologize for going MVS, man. That's the sensible choice. MVS all the way I say.

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Ok I understand. That hurts I know.. Never had to sell stuff for that matter. It would break my heart. Still this white one is too sexy!

I am glad I own this perfect MVS with stereo and stuff. Will keep it till I die.

Edit: You are right MVS has another "coolness" to it, not to be ashamed of for using it. But owning an AOF3 or Neo Turf Master AES is something that would drive me crazy. At least Samo3 AES and Pulstar+Blazing are in my pocket.

I get your drift.

Edit: Thinking about it...powering up some MVS/PCBs is so ultracool. Don't know why but it's cool. Maybe the rawness...idk...

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I did two runs of Batsugun (special) for the first time in almost three years. I cleared the first loop by the skin of my teeth but I smoked my old score from back when I was trying. The only thing I accomplished well was the Jupiter milking.

batsugunscore.jpg

Edit: at 13,667,970 now.

Not good enough

Last edited:

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
This is what I've been playing, with ghetto Tate setup and all:
45E74AA5-C48B-2874-EE3C13DE85DC1836.png

Strikers 1945 II on Playstation.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
It should be pointed out that Touhou fandom and the people who play the games seriously usually have no overlap. The other thing is that the serious Touhou players rip through the hardest arcade shmups likes it’s nothing. It drives me a little apeshit to be perfectly honest.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It should be pointed out that Touhou fandom and the people who play the games seriously usually have no overlap. The other thing is that the serious Touhou players rip through the hardest arcade shmups likes it’s nothing. It drives me a little apeshit to be perfectly honest.

Maybe the extreme skill amongst a lot of these players is derived from a passionate, undying, savage infatuation for these girly looking cartoons in the game. You know, like they love these characters SO MUCH, that they will kill themselves for them. Like killing for your true love, or lifting a car off of your flesh and blood. Getting extremely good at these games is an expression of love and devotion. If you love that character more than anyone else in the world, you will show it by being the best.

Anyways, I got a better score in Batsugun Special today.

batsu3.jpg

EDIT: I'm not deeply in love with the characters in this game, clearly.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Finally beat Dimahoo :tearsofjoy:

Congratulations. It's fair to say few westerners can boast such a feat, regardless of score, right?

I got the 2-All in Batsugun Special today.

I'm pretty happy with my score considering I have a rather poor understanding of what's going on in the second loop.

batsugunnew.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

Thanks! Yeah I can count on 1 hand people I am aware of who have cleared it outside of asia. My score was absolute shit, but that was on purpose. I started to get worried towards the end because I thought I’d might have screwed myself by not reaching the 2nd extend at 5mil, but I got it right before the last boss.. and it turned out I didn’t actually need it because I had a life remaining when he died. Now to play for score again, with a non-semi-broken character :P

Congrats on the Batsugun progress btw.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I've been playing and enjoying Ghost Pilots today. Trying to rack up a decent score but still getting the hang of it. Can't wait to try it with 2 players.

man9child

Rugal's Thug
A couple of years ago I played a lot of different shooters, discovering the staples by Psikyo, Cave, Raizing, etc.

Then I played Ketsui for about 3 years to the exclusion of everything else.

Eventually I burned out. Got rid of Ketsui out of necessity. No idea where to go from here.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
A couple of years ago I played a lot of different shooters, discovering the staples by Psikyo, Cave, Raizing, etc.

Then I played Ketsui for about 3 years to the exclusion of everything else.

Eventually I burned out. Got rid of Ketsui out of necessity. No idea where to go from here.

Go back to roots. Hit up post Jamma shooties. Pre Cave. Trust me, you'll have tons of fun.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I've never played the arcade version of Sky Shark but I've always enjoyed the Nes port. Would like to try the original but I've never seen it anywhere and don't have the means to play it at home.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I fixed my PSOne and popped in Strikers 1945 (2.)

I FORGOT HOW FREAKING GREAT THIS GAME IS WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Finally beat Dimahoo :tearsofjoy:

20789718185_f7f1e1f0da_z.jpg
Wow. That's impressive! I put this game away because of how confusing it is. I plan on printing up that item list you made, and giving it another shot.

Chempop

Thanks man! It is confusing BUT once you have a decent route to survive, then you can adjust it to figure out how to get some of the easier item sets. For example, stage 1 I started off only focussing on shoes and food, which were both pretty easy to complete once I got the hang of timing my magic deployment. I start the stage with a lvl 2 magic, then a 7, then 6, then, 5 etc, towards the end I go for the lvl 8’s typically... Once that became consistent, then I tried filling up as many axes and amulets and a few shields too. Now playing strictly for survival, I only care about getting to the 5 million extend, so it’s a whole different approach.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Thanks man! It is confusing BUT once you have a decent route to survive, then you can adjust it to figure out how to get some of the easier item sets. For example, stage 1 I started off only focussing on shoes and food, which were both pretty easy to complete once I got the hang of timing my magic deployment. I start the stage with a lvl 2 magic, then a 7, then 6, then, 5 etc, towards the end I go for the lvl 8’s typically... Once that became consistent, then I tried filling up as many axes and amulets and a few shields too. Now playing strictly for survival, I only care about getting to the 5 million extend, so it’s a whole different approach.

Welp, on the hunt now. You talked me into it.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
I fixed my PSOne and popped in Strikers 1945 (2.)

I FORGOT HOW FREAKING GREAT THIS GAME IS WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Definitely my favorite shooter of the era. It's just so fun. I get the appeal for Cave's bullet hells or overcrowded collectathons like Crimzon Clover, but Strikers 1945 II is just a fast-pace, action-packed fun fest. No gimmicks necessary.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Nice. So in the beginning, did you go out of your way to not get certain items? Or did you just kinda focus on certain groups and if you picked up a random item, no big deal?

Chempop

For the survival clear, that’s right, I only wanted 2 full sets for as long as possible. For score play I’m no pro, but around 20 million is my personal best, a far cry from A perfect run which results in a counter-stop (99,999,999). For my score runs, it’s important to get as many full sets INCLUDING shields before stage 4 (also need 4+ bombs in stock). By using magic against the treasure chests they each give you an item you are missing, so that section you can complete a number of sets, my best is around x10 multiplier there. Then the possessed chests EACH release Legend Shields if you have complete shields and 4+ bombs, so you get a million points for each of those secret items (100K X10multiplier). Stage 4 alone has so many Secret Items, I try to get nearly 10million in that stage alone.

There is even an expert method I’m unable to pull off that involves having ALL the basic sets complete before the chests, and EVERY one releases a Secret Item that you don’t have yet. By the second group of chests, a pro is pushing 50-60million iirc. Those routes do involve skipping a fair number of secret items during their regular sections of appearance because they just end up with collecting them the method I just described. A comparable situation for me might be avoiding the secret stone that the stage 1 boss has, in order to start stage 2 with a higher level magic charge if I know I want to get some specific axes from the first wave of enemies.