Car Enthusiast Thread

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am trying to convince my wife to get a Flex, but doesn't look like it is happening.

I did buy myself a 2005 Element to learn MT. So far so good.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Can driving a car 1100 miles in 48 hours fuck it up?

I think I fucked mine up.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Can driving a car 1100 miles in 48 hours fuck it up?

I think I fucked mine up.

No. People do more than that all the time.

Fucking up your car can fuck it up. Was it properly maintained before the trip?
Fluid levels good?
Fuel Filter good?
Tire tread and pressure good?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I am trying to convince my wife to get a Flex, but doesn't look like it is happening.

I did buy myself a 2005 Element to learn MT. So far so good.

Bummer. You have one more year to try and convince-Flex is done in 2020.

We just re-upped:
260055e221e0800e78fa3cbdb38c9ebd.jpg

Our 2013 was out of warranty, and we got a smokin’ deal, thanks to XPlan Pricing.
It’s a SEL, so it is missing the EcoBoost.

Other than that, can’t complain. Pana-roof, racks, significant upgrade to the Sync system from 2013 models to 2019.
The way I talked my wife into it? Bought her one of these:
b3ec4709ab521fc267c755923c0cf51e.jpg

;^)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
No. People do more than that all the time.

Fucking up your car can fuck it up. Was it properly maintained before the trip?
Fluid levels good?
Fuel Filter good?
Tire tread and pressure good?

Fluids???

You mean like gas?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I usually don't care for this hot rodding, for lack of a better term, thing, but these are really well done, the old 635 is a beautiful car to begin with:
rimal-e24-bavarian-blue-title.jpg

rimal-e24-635csi-xerxes-m-system-turbines.jpg

DSC_5720-2-1.jpg

DSC_5747-1.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Pity the blue one can't drive on anything except a tarmac it's so low. Prac-ti-cal

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So it's like grandma's spoon collection? Could be useful but it'll be over her dead body.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
*yawn*

Stop trolling, nobody can be so thick as to not understand the concept of hobby/show cars.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
stanced isnt my thing. I've been in one of those cars, and you can really only drive it to one place. The chiropractor and back. They rattle your skull.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
*yawn*

Stop trolling, nobody can be so thick as to not understand the concept of hobby/show cars.

They've effectively turned otherwise really nice cars into useless pieces of shit. Good luck with those speedbumps.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I usually don't care for this hot rodding, for lack of a better term, thing, but these are really well done, the old 635 is a beautiful car to begin with:
*snip*
These cars remind me of the manga Shakotan Boogie.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Concerning what I said earlier about the rentals, so far I've had (all 2019 models):

-Nissan Rogue SL AWD
-Infiniti QC60, base
-Altima SR
-Sentra SR
-Chrysler Pacifica

Funny enough, of all of them the Pacifica is my favorite. Ugly as sin but super comfortable even after days driving in the thing, plenty of power (I believe that it had 287 hp) and it got near 30 mpg. My co-worker made fun of it when I rolled up in the thing, but he was just as glad as I was to spend time in the thing after days of driving. I'll say the Dodge info system is near flawless and has Apple Car Play, which worked perfectly.

The Sentra is where cars go to die...the thing is just miserable to drive and horribly under powered.
The Altima handles surprisingly well and is surprisingly quick given the way under powered engine it has. I'll say the seats are way too bolstered on the sides and were very uncomfortable over the long haul. It is also incredibly low to the ground.
The Rogue was comfortable, but noisy.
The Infiniti was just numb, at times the engine was strong, other times it was a dog...I blame that on the transmission. It got pretty lousy mpg and needed premium gas as well. It wasn't super comfortable, it wasn't uncomfortable. It was very "meh" given how much they cost.

On thing all the Nissan's had in common was the total dog shit info systems. None sinc will with an iPhone, none have apple car play (not even the Inifniti), all are poorly designed and have dumb or or missing common features found in other cars.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Concerning what I said earlier about the rentals, so far I've had (all 2019 models):

-Nissan Rogue SL AWD
-Infiniti QC60, base
-Altima SR
-Sentra SR
-Chrysler Pacifica

Funny enough, of all of them the Pacifica is my favorite. Ugly as sin but super comfortable even after days driving in the thing, plenty of power (I believe that it had 287 hp) and it got near 30 mpg. My co-worker made fun of it when I rolled up in the thing, but he was just as glad as I was to spend time in the thing after days of driving. I'll say the Dodge info system is near flawless and has Apple Car Play, which worked perfectly.

The Sentra is where cars go to die...the thing is just miserable to drive and horribly under powered.
The Altima handles surprisingly well and is surprisingly quick given the way under powered engine it has. I'll say the seats are way too bolstered on the sides and were very uncomfortable over the long haul. It is also incredibly low to the ground.
The Infiniti was just numb, at times the engine was strong, other times it was a dog...I blame that on the transmission. It got pretty lousy mpg and needed premium gas as well. It wasn't super comfortable, it wasn't uncomfortable. It was very "meh" given how much they cost.

On thing all the Nissan's had in common was the total dog shit info systems. None sinc will with an iPhone, none have apple car play (not even the Inifniti), all are poorly designed and have dumb or or missing common features found in other cars.

The worst rental I ever had was a nissan versa. Literally made me want to be in a hyundai instead. I think the Altima is a fun car, with good pick up and great mileage.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The worst rental I ever had was a nissan versa. Literally made me want to be in a hyundai instead. I think the Altima is a fun car, with good pick up and great mileage.

I can't imagine how bad a Versa is, the Sentra is bad enough. I'm only 6' tall and my knees rest on the side of the center console/dash...and like I said, just getting the thing to drive 75 on the highway with the AC on was a task. I took it back, complained, and got that Pacifica. I had a good 1000+ miles to drive and I wasn't having the Sentra.

Those cars look absolutely stunning...although I'm guessing they're miserable to drive, especially the blue one.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I have just about enough chavvy youth memories to still kind of appreciate the car modding scene. I'd have an insane sub in my car in a flash if I wasn't too embarrassed to turn it on.

I still like the revere and kahn range rover kits

revere.jpg

kahn.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to actually drive one around though.

I always hated this next picture though - looks like the car is special needs. It reminds me of women with lip fillers - who anywhere thinks these things look good?

tilted.jpg

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I have just about enough chavvy youth memories to still kind of appreciate the car modding scene. I'd have an insane sub in my car in a flash if I wasn't too embarrassed to turn it on.

I still like the revere and kahn range rover kits

View attachment 54644

View attachment 54645

I couldn't bring myself to actually drive one around though.

I always hated this next picture though - looks like the car is special needs. It reminds me of women with lip fillers - who anywhere thinks these things look good?

View attachment 54646

The tuned Range Rovers look nice and clean, but I would never buy one.
A Range Rover mechanic once told us that buying a Rover will eventually lead to huge repair expenses. Expensive brakes that don't last long, sensors that bring up codes for things that might not need to be repaired, electrical issues, oil leaks, etc.

I've read that they have improved, but I still don't trust the brand.

Tuned cars are still popular here in So. Cal. I don't see too many dumped VIP style cars like the one pictured above, but I still see them

The most common cars are Subaru WRX, BRZ, STI, Honda Accords and Civics, and Toyota 86 (FRS), Nissan 350z, Camaro and Mustangs. BMW, Infiniti, and some Lexus still get tuned but dont see them too often anymore.

Additionally, single cab trucks are tuned and raced. People actually cross the trucks to TJ Mexico to race for $$.

As for a stereo and sub in a car, I'd still install a nice system in a new car IF it was possible. Sometimes the stereo is integrated into the dash and it complicates things, but I still give it a go.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
English cars in general tend to be rather temperamental/unreliable.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

-Nissan Rogue SL AWD
-Infiniti QC60, base
-Altima SR
-Sentra SR
-Chrysler Pacifica

I laughed so hard at the Sentra Nismo I saw earlier today. Just seems like it's trying too hard to be cool.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I just looked up a review on the Sentra Nismo, it's kinda laughable. The review tore it apart since the "performance" version still only had meager horsepower and the handling wasn't great. It's kind of a shame, the old SE-Rs were pretty cool, and the even older 90s 2 door Sentras were pretty fun little shitboxes.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I just looked up a review on the Sentra Nismo, it's kinda laughable. The review tore it apart since the "performance" version still only had meager horsepower and the handling wasn't great. It's kind of a shame, the old SE-Rs were pretty cool, and the even older 90s 2 door Sentras were pretty fun little shitboxes.

In Europe where the emissions laws get stricter and stricter we're seeing smaller and smaller engines with turbos slapped on everything. It does the job short term but turbos aren't made to run 200k, we're seeing a return to hassle filled motoring.