Kof2000/2001 Ps2 Censored

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
I just picked up the game and it's censored no blood or bouncing boobs. I thought SNK was not going to censor any of their US release I guess not. That really sucks. But it's still a good game if you liked 2000 & 2001.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I played kof 2000 @ my dad's in thanksgiving and mai has no bouncing boobs. I don't know if this is normal. It was on the mvs.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
It boggles the mind, doesn't it? If Metal Slug 3 and Samurai Shodown 5 ever make it out, I guess they will have "sweat" instead of blood.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Well, crap... I still have to support this US release, I guess

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Geshwinne DI said:
Question, if you have these versions, will you abandon your AES/MVS counterparts??

I highly doubt that. Most cart owners are purchasing the game either because they collect ports, want to support SNKP or both.

Robert

20 Year Member
I'm not surprised by that. But everybody knows that the smart choice is always the JPN version.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Sigh

I was going to pick these up too.

Guess I'll go with he JPN versions now.

Smart move Playmore, you really know how to shovel the shit our way.

Myloch

Super Sidekicks 2
No blood?!? No bouncing BIG boobs?!? Oh god...I want to suicide. :glee:

CENSORSHIP SUCKZ

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Doesn't SNK listen to it's U.S. customers? Or did it ever? They can suck ass some times. They don't realize it's 2003. =P

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I think we all need to e-mail SNKNEOGEO USA and bitch on this one fellas.

Mike

jeff_mangum

Geese's Thug
That's fucking lame, considering the US Dreamcast versions of KoF 98 and 99 still had the bounce.

slerch666

updyke,
EvilMike said:
I think we all need to e-mail SNKNEOGEO USA and bitch on this one fellas.

Mike
Emails with the company prior to release hinted that there would be NO censorship in the game.

I hope I saved the email. I'll reply to it and be like, "Yo! WTF! If the UniBios can do bouncing boobs and blood in English, why can't my PS2 port do the same?"

I guess it's easier to just emulate the ROMs and leave them alone than to fix the censorship.

Anyone want to bet they'll lay the censorship on Sony's doorstep?

And even though I'm getting the ports, I'll not abandon my superior MVS versions.

Fucking Fuck Nuggets.

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
i am angry

really angry.

i opened it to check out the (horrible) manual here at work, and i am hoping to get store credit when i take it back.

Wow, good way to screw up big time snkusa.

there is a post a few pages back that i made in which is was pretty much stated that they would not be censored.

So FUCK SNKUSA, i aint buyin jack from them

Hobgoblin

Crazed MVS Addict
WHY? WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?! Just look at games like Manhunt and GTA vice city............

Lord_Yama

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Man, this sucks ass...it won't stop me from getting them, but it definitely makes me a little less religious about pursuing them as quickly.

Nomax

Kula's Candy
jeff bogard said:
I played kof 2000 @ my dad's in thanksgiving and mai has no bouncing boobs. I don't know if this is normal. It was on the mvs.

Oh shit! So they continue to censor their games on foreign systems! KOF 2000 & 2001 were both censored even on MVS (Except on japanese systems of course).
Sad the US version of PS2 port is censored! The japanese version isn't as is the DC version (which's out in Japan only, that's why).
I don't have a PS2 but even if I'ld have one, I wouln't buy censored shit! I won't buy MVS versions either. I'll stick to KOF '98 & 99 as I don't have the Uni-bios. That's callede passive resistance. :smirk:

jiji

n00b
Alex0916, could you check the options screen? There might be something there to switch off the censorship. Apparently an SNK NEOGEO USA rep said that there'd be such an option in the game, but I can't find a source for the statement.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Man this bites, after all this apparent confirmation of NO censorship, they do it anyway.

I think I'll send them an e-mail.

I'll still get the games (just found out they shipped and I'll get it Friday) since they're worth getting and support SNK Playmore for other games to be released here.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
And reason number 463 as to why ports are inferior and suck ass.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, what do you expect? The new SNK's just as much if not more racist than they were in the past. KOF00/01 for PS2 and SS0 is proof. They care WAY more about the Japanese than people overseas.

Ben Herman specifically stated that KOF00/01 for PS2 would be uncensored and would leave it to the ESRB for the rating.

So, at the last minute they removed the blood and bouncing tits because they were afraid it would move the game to a mature rating because they're thinking poor deprived 12 year olds would be jacking off to Mai's boob bounce.

Sounds hypocritical doesn't it?

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
jiji said:
Alex0916, could you check the options screen? There might be something there to switch off the censorship. Apparently an SNK NEOGEO USA rep said that there'd be such an option in the game, but I can't find a source for the statement.
I checked a million times before I even posted the thread and there is no option for this.