does the neo geo cd have a regional lockout

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
could i play USA games on a JPN systom or vice versa?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes you can, and in fact the JPN games will play in English in a USA system (which also means you are likely to get censorship in some games). You can mod your console in order to be able to select the region of the game you are playing (again it doesn't matter what region was the game from, what matters is the console here).

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
nope i have a mvs 1 slot cab, but i was and still am lookin for one

R

rickstilwell1

Will US games display in English on a JPN CD system?

Nobody has seemed to answer this one clearly.

Is a Neo Geo CD from Japan able to display games from the United States or Europe in English without modding?

Or is it just like the AES cartridge system where all games will show up in Japanese?

This will determine whether I will buy a Japanese system or a US system.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
You bump a FIVE YEAR OLD THREAD to ask a question that was answered in the first 2 replies...um, you're apparently new here so please brush up on your reading skills and recheck the replies.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Only the CDZ doesn't have region lockout. I think all of the other Neo Geo CD variants had lockout.

phng

n00b
Is the CDZ less reliable if compared to the original NG CD? Something like a lens overheating problem.

I own the top loader Japanese NGCD.
None of the Neo Geo CD Systems have regional lockout. You can play US or Japanese games on either a US or a Japanese system. If you purchase a Japanese game CD and you have a Japanese system, it will depend on if the options menu gives you the choice of languages or not. Some games are "Japanese only" and they are few in number. Below is a list of those games,

ADK WORLD [ADK SPECIAL]
KING OF FIGHTERS 96 NG COLLECTION
MAHJONG FINAL ROMANCE 2
MAHJONG KYO RETSUDEN
MASTER OF SYOUGI
NEO GEO CD SPECIAL
QUEST OF THE JONG MASTER [MAHJONG JANSHIN DENSETSU]
QUIZ KING OF FIGHTERS
SAMURAI SPIRITS RPG
STAKES WINNER

I understand from those who have an English system that all games besides the ones on this list will play in English on an English region system. The English system also edits out the blood and the bouncy, bouncy.

I have only one game that is a Japanese CD that does not give me the language option and that is Samurai Spirits 1. I own 24 games at this time.

Electric Cake

Kula's Candy
Kazuki Dash said:
You bump a FIVE YEAR OLD THREAD to ask a question that was answered in the first 2 replies...um, you're apparently new here so please brush up on your reading skills and recheck the replies.
Haha!:lol:
but he knows it now...

Electric Cake

Kula's Candy
rickstilwell1 said:
Nobody has seemed to answer this one clearly.

Is a Neo Geo CD from Japan able to display games from the United States or Europe in English without modding?

Or is it just like the AES cartridge system where all games will show up in Japanese?

This will determine whether I will buy a Japanese system or a US system.
Haha! wow, your searching skills are great!:tickled:

all games with a language option can be changed obviously. the rest is up to the system and the game. so if you got a US system and the game is released in both regions (us & jpn) it will be in english. even if there is language option. if its a japanese system it will be in japanese. though, if the ngame is only released in japanese it will be japanese no matter the region of the system.