Using roms for their original purpose

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
My story begins last wed. i wanted to show some friends my new supergun and my neo geo so i loaded all of my neo stuff (mvs, supergun, and 13 games, also a tv and a vcr) and drove on over. THIS IS WHERE IT GOT STUPID
At this point we started drinking, and drinking, all jaegermeister all night long. Playing neo the whole time.

Skip forward some and it is 5:30am and i have to be at work at 6, havn't slept or anything, so I loaded all my stuff up into the car and left for work. And then i fell alseep at the wheel and went across the median in the highway and hit the guardrail on the other side head on. At this point i was arrested for DUI (blew a .182 B/A) and spent the day in jail.

When i finally got to the impound lot i found out that i totalled my car, also the tv was broken, the vcr all torn up, and the part that you guys will hate me for, lots of my MVS games were cracked. Surprisingly my 1-slot looks completely untouched, and on most of the games the boards are not damaged but the cases are.

I went back to the spot on the highway and found a few more games and what was left of my supergun. It was built in an apple external scsi enclosure and is now in pieces all over I-64.

This brings us to the moral of this story, DON"T DRINK AND DRIVE. I could have died, and i did total my ride and maybe lots of my neo stuff.

So now for the first time i get to use Neo Geo roms for the intended purpose of backing up the originals until i can rebuild my supergun and see just how much stuff is working. PLus all that other fun stuff like jail, license suspension, alcohol awareness meetings, and heavy fines.

If you drink and play neo make sure it's at home, and if your still drunk PLEASE don't try to go to work.

-DogToy

syringe

Banned
dogtoy said:
My story begins last wed. i wanted to show some friends my new supergun and my neo geo so i loaded all of my neo stuff (mvs, supergun, and 13 games, also a tv and a vcr) and drove on over. THIS IS WHERE IT GOT STUPID
At this point we started drinking, and drinking, all jaegermeister all night long. Playing neo the whole time.

Skip forward some and it is 5:30am and i have to be at work at 6, havn't slept or anything, so I loaded all my stuff up into the car and left for work. And then i fell alseep at the wheel and went across the median in the highway and hit the guardrail on the other side head on. At this point i was arrested for DUI (blew a .182 B/A) and spent the day in jail.

When i finally got to the impound lot i found out that i totalled my car, also the tv was broken, the vcr all torn up, and the part that you guys will hate me for, lots of my MVS games were cracked. Surprisingly my 1-slot looks completely untouched, and on most of the games the boards are not damaged but the cases are.

I went back to the spot on the highway and found a few more games and what was left of my supergun. It was built in an apple external scsi enclosure and is now in pieces all over I-64.

This brings us to the moral of this story, DON"T DRINK AND DRIVE. I could have died, and i did total my ride and maybe lots of my neo stuff.

So now for the first time i get to use Neo Geo roms for the intended purpose of backing up the originals until i can rebuild my supergun and see just how much stuff is working. PLus all that other fun stuff like jail, license suspension, alcohol awareness meetings, and heavy fines.

If you drink and play neo make sure it's at home, and if your still drunk PLEASE don't try to go to work.

-DogToy

This belongs in unrelated right next to ViceMikey's hillbilly tale of drunken bar fights and redemption....idiot.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
I can't be the only guy who feels sorry for this dude here... :crying:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Don't drink and drive ... you may spill your Neo :crying:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
evo7_31 said:

I have no pity for anyone who drinks and drives.
Fuck your neo gear, what if you smashed into someone and killed them?

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I know someone who was killed by a drunk driver a couple years ago, and saw what effect this had on his family. This is the reason why i will NEVER drink and drive again, not my car or my neo-geo.

Even though I am very fond of that stuff, that's all it is is stuff. What is important is life, family, and friends. My car gets me places, and my my Neo is entertaining (or draining my bank account something like that), but both are replaceable.

Life is not replaceable!
All i'm saying is be careful, if not for yourself than for others. I am very stupid to have to go through something like this to make me realize it, but maybe my stupidity can help someone else think twice before they do a repeat of me last wed/thurs.

-DogToy

Jedite

Bunker Buster
You're lucky to be alive. It could be a lot worse. You could be in a hospitial bed or worse...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
dogtoy said:
I know someone who was killed by a drunk driver a couple years ago, and saw what effect this had on his family. This is the reason why i will NEVER drink and drive again, not my car or my neo-geo.

Lets get this straight:

You knew someone who was killed by a drunk driver.
You drove drunk and almost died.
ONLY NOW do you vow not to drink and drive.

So am i right? I just want to be sure we're clear on this.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
yeah, D.U.I.'s suck. You're a lucky mofo that you're alright especially if you had a friggin television and neo geo shit sitting loose in the back seat. You're also lucky you didn't hurt anybody, but I'm not here to bust your balls about it.

What matters is you're alright and nobody got hurt...

I don't know what they do in your state, but in Ohio, or the "Midwaste" as Scanline calls it...you have to pay the fine, court costs, etc. (mine was about $1000), If it's your first offense you won't do jail time, I had to go away for a 3 day weekend to Drug and Alcohol counseling(300 bucks) I had the option to do 3 or 4 days in jail i think, instead of counseling..I also got my license suspended for 6 months with no work privileges, and you go high-risk with the insurance..$$$

If i were in your shoes, I wouldn't have posted this...I would be spending my time selling off what unharmed Neo Geo shit I had leftover to pay for the fines you will be getting shortly. Last thing i would think about is a video game system..

Lastly, get off this guys shit, He didn't hurt anyone...yeah, he could have..but he DIDN'T, People make mistakes..He's gonna pay for them..

P.S. Scanline, I'm not a hillbilly

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Lagduf said:
Lets get this straight:

You knew someone who was killed by a drunk driver.
You drove drunk and almost died.
ONLY NOW do you vow not to drink and drive.

So am i right? I just want to be sure we're clear on this.

My thoughts exactly.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
ViceMikey said:
Lastly, get off this guys shit, He didn't hurt anyone...yeah, he could have..but he DIDN'T, People make mistakes..He's gonna pay for them..

P.S. Scanline, I'm not a hillbilly

Drunk driving isn't a fucking mistake. It means YOU'RE AN IDIOT. You and the guy who started this thread.

Missouri>Ohio

This thread sucks.

Mods, send this to the war room!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If by "original purpose" you mean making money, then put me down Charlie Brown.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Lagduf said:
Drunk driving isn't a fucking mistake. It means YOU'RE AN IDIOT. You and the guy who started this thread.

Missouri>Ohio

This thread sucks.

Mods, send this to the war room!

If i was driving drunk and saw you on the road, I'd smoke your ass...

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Hmmm I'm surprised more forum member's aren't like "It's fine that you drink and drive, but you are a lowlife roming bastard who will burn in hell!!!"

At any rate, glad you're alright and that you learned your lesson. Sorry about the destroyed Neo stuff.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
crazy ass neo story

evo7_31 said:

:confused:

No, your not.
I must admit, I don't know why, but I do as well.
Something about it just clicked inside me cause I don't post very often let alone in response to (technically) non-neo-related posts.

Truth is, I truly feel and believe that most of us (us being represented here in this case by the average normal guy who parties every so often) has found themselves in several situations over time. We all make decisions when we find ourselves in these situations and sometimes those decisions can lead to life-changing (and at very unfortunate times) life-ending results.

I cannot and will not judge this guy for what he did (or rather what happened to him as a result of whatever decisions he made throughout the course of that night). Rather I will say that yes, I DO feel for him mostly on the basis or premise that I myself (and most of us as well wether we admit it publically or even to ourselves) have come very close to finding myself in similar situations when partying and have of course been forced to make decisions when in them.

:envy:

For what it's worth my friend (the guy who posted), it will take you a long time to put this behind you but you have already taken the first step in the process by admitting to yourself (we know only because you posted it) what happened and by reflecting on it both now, and for many years to come.

Your still alive. There is a reason for that.
But wether you ever find it or not, live your life and enjoy life.
Best Regards,
Billy Pitt

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
that's crazy. My brother fell asleep at the wheel and totaled 2 cars just this weekend. But, he had just been over worked. You on the other hand, are a fucking moron and get no respect. What if you went through the median and hit oncoming traffic? who knows who you would have killed. I hope you never fix your neo stuff and stay a rom whore. It would serve you right.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
DOES'T quite sound fair to me

NGT said:
that's crazy...You...are a fucking moron and get no respect. What if...who knows...I hope you never...It would serve you right.

:spock:

Hmm...I don't know...
Take a look at the above quote from a reply...granted...edited for content but NEVERTHELESS containing only EXACT words chosen by the writer. It simply reads to me as...BEYOND judgemental...BEYOND the realm of human beings and more like a God.

:shame:

Something just seems to be affecting me here and I don't know why. I simply don't agree with the above writer (obviosuly) and I seem to have some kind of empathy towards this guy and what happened.

:(

It would lead a person to believe from reading the above that your damned if you do and damned if you don't. And worse yet, that it is "impossible?" for a human being to ever receive forgiveness for pretty much..anything! Yeah "what if" and "imagine this" etc. but EVEN THEN (assuming worse scenarios) where is the fucking LIMIT? When and where is a LIMITATION placed on just how much a person is shunned for a mistake? We are FUCKING HUMANS and we make mistakes...PERIOD. Only God is perfect and does not make mistakes. And he who judges another human being, especially when he has yet to walk in his shoes, is someone whom I fear FAR WORSE then the humans who are "human!" and make mistakes AS I DO and as WE ALL do.

There comes a point in ANY and ALL situations (other then MAYBE the absolute most HANEOUS {spell?} of crimes such as perhaps Adolf Hitler) when the aggressed (lets call it society as a whole for this scenario) in essence BECOMES the aggressor. And this I feel is simply un-acceptable. A human being HAS to be forgiven for what he does, otherwise, life would seem rather pointless to that individual as well as everyone else for that matter since we ALL make mistakes in our lives.

Cannot anybody here (even if not in agreement with me) at least acknowledge that they at the very least UNDERSTAND me?

Sincerely,
Billy Pitt

Wave

New Challenger
I believe you can show grace without empathy.

You can totally forgive someone and withold judgement without going so far as to feel bad for them IMHO.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
I can't feel sorry for someone such as you. Drinking n driving is the worst combination ever. Either you drink or you drive. What's the point in getting pissed if you're going to work the morning after?

Over here you wouldn't just spend a night in jail - 2 or 3 months rather. Also your license would clearly be suspended for more than 6months... :shame:

No Means Yes

Banned
DaveGeorge said:
I can't feel sorry for someone such as you. Drinking n driving is the worst combination ever.

Lies, ALL LIES! Drinking and Jethrek is the worst combination ever. It's the recipe for unwanted rectal friction.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
ah children...

little do you know that drunk driving, while stupid, and illegal, is often a necessary evil.

No Means Yes

Banned
EvilWasabi said:
ah children...

little do you know that drunk driving, while stupid, and illegal, is often a necessary evil.

I don't even remember driving home two out of the seven days last week. Seriously. It's OK though... I'm really good at it.

Wrap your head around that.