Get Rid Of The 24-Bit Forum (Redux)

Get Rid Of The 24-Bit Forum?

• Yes, get rid of it.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • No, keep it and change the name back to 16-Bit.

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • No, keep it and leave the name as 24-Bit.

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Change it to a Neo-CD forum, we can swap recipes and such while the games load.

Votes: 58 42.3%

• Total voters

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
The contents of it are pretty much covered by General Discussion and Game Play. Do you think we should just axe the section? How about changing it to a Neo-CD forum?

This poll is in no way binding, I just wanted to get a general idea as to what the populace thought.

ORIGINAL POLL

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
the neo cd never gets any love around here.

it should definitely be the cd forum, i always feel out of place posting CD stuff anywhere else :cool:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Take that forum and throw all of its threads in General Discussion and then delete it, both forums are pretty much the same.

silverslug

Fist Fucking Moron
yeah I mean if kof has there on forum then listen to the master and cth and get a slug forum too.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
lol

Yeah, let's turn it into a NGCD forum!

One of the first things I will do in the new forum would be to start a How-Big-A-Sandwich-Can-You-Make-While-Your-NGCD-Loads contest, followed by a Don't-You-Also-Hate-Those-Whiners-That-Take-Part-In-That-Retarded-How-Big-A-Sandwich-Can-You-Make-While-Your-NGCD-Loads-Contest poll.

Ppl will adore me.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I changed my vote from 'Axe it' to 'rename it the NGCD Forum'.

And if that happens then I definitely think that Takumaji oughtta be made the mod.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
I changed my vote from 'Axe it' to 'rename it the NGCD Forum'.

And if that happens then I definitely think that Takumaji oughtta be made the mod.

I guess if you guys want to call it the NGCD forum, I too agree that Takumaji should be the mod

maybe we can call it the NGCD and misc genres

we could talk Riding Hero, Magician Lord, CD games, shooters, and other area neglected on the forum

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've always thought Takumaji should be the mod of the KOF forum, regardless if the NGCD forum happens or not.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
With the 'General Discussion' forum logically being devoted to 'NeoGeo Main System 'General Discussion', I think the 'System' section should be re-arranged as follow:

NEO GEO CD
(Discuss the NGCD and NGCDZ system & games)

HYPER NEO GEO 64
(Discuss SNK’s cartridge based 64-bit 3D arcade system and games)

NEO GEO POCKET
(Discuss the NGP and NGPC handheld system & games)

NEO GEO RELATED
(Discuss NeoGeo ports on other systems and SNK titles develped for other platforms)

The AW discussion should find their place in the latter.

What do you think?

-G

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Most of the stuff apart from the neo geo cd stuff is on the same lines as what is posted in general dicussions so i think if it does stay it should just be for the neo cd like the hyper forum as even that doesnt have too many topics posted and the rest can be discussed in general

cLo

Marked Wolf
I like Shito's idea. Hell, I never even visit the 24-bit forum. Maybe we should also have an Atomiswave section, as I've noticed the Tech Support section is being overrun by AW questions and posts.

Last edited:
Shito said:
With the 'General Discussion' forum logically being devoted to 'NeoGeo Main System 'General Discussion', I think the 'System' section should be re-arranged as follow:

NEO GEO CD

HYPER NEO GEO 64

NEO GEO POCKET

NEO GEO RELATED
(Discuss NeoGeo ports on other systems and SNK titles develped for other platforms)

What do you think?

-G

Best suggestion so far.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Change it to a Neo-CD forum, we can swap recipes and such while the games load.

Thats my choice! :loco:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
What exactly was the point of this poll ?

I mean it was started over 6 weeks ago with peoples views made clear in writing and in voting, yet the 24 bit forum remains unchanged '''''''')

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I voted for the CD section and i don't even have one. But i figure theres a NGPC section so why not a CD section...and who knows i may pick a NGCD sometime down the road. :glee:

An NGCD forum would be cool, some of us love our CD's even with loading times (which after being brought up on the VIC20 & C64 seem lightning fast!)

Go NGCD:buttrock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Meh, NGCD doesn't mean all that much to me. I say just remove it and help to streamline the forums a little.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Make it the Neo Geo CD forums as people are going to start using their Dreamcast to play the games it seems

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Shito said:

NEO GEO CD

HYPER NEO GEO 64

NEO GEO POCKET

NEO GEO RELATED

What do you think?

-G

I vote for Shito's idea. There are a lot of repeat threads and misplaced topics in each and perhaps a slight change to combine them would be the best thing.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
personally i would:

SYSTEMS : 4 forums

1. have a forum for each system. AES/MVS, CD, POCKET, HYPER. if atomis catches on that can be added later.

GAMING : 2 forums

1. get rid of the kof/svc forums, merge them both into a "fighting games" forum.

2. change the gameplay forum into an SNK GAMES forum where people can discusss snk games of all shapes and sizes.

note that in a perfect would general discussion wouldnt exist. right now its just an all things neo board where everything is lumped together. i doubt people would want to switch forums to view all the threads that are currently lumped into one big one. it would be hella more organized though.

Last edited: