supergun layouts....

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
THIS IS JUST HOW I MAKE MINE........but with controllers and an LED.......

sorry, you are on your own with the controllers....

WAY too many wires to draw! lol.....
and of course you can skip the coin buttons if you want and wire up those to the select buttons on the controllers.

with mono/stereo switch and game switch
supergun_layout_no_cont_mono_stereo_switch.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
^^^^^ incase this part right here with the+5v,+12v,ground,ground, and ground is a bit confusing I will make it clear right now :)

Those are the pins on the inside of the supergun where you get the power and ground for your supergun. It's the 5 pin din female socket that the sc200 powersupply needs to plug into your supergun. The pins are in a kind of half circle on the part you are soldering to..

from left to right going over the half circle the pins go:

+5v, +12v, gnd, gnd, and gnd

the numbers on the diagram on the sowersupply are all screwy, correct, but screwy.....3,5,4,1,2 :spock: so I just laid it out from left to right :) just like it's from left to right in the picture..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I was also asked about the BLOBS that are between some of the pins on the harness and what that means...so here is my explenation of that:

what it means is that you are taking one 18 guage wire, stripping and tinning it and then putting a good amount of solder on the 4 pins. Then you slide the one wire down between the 4 pins and attatch the one wire to all 4 surrounding pins. Broken has an excellent picture of this if you can get him to pm you it or post it in here....

you do this so you can connect the ground to the 4 pins and then use the actual hole that are in those 4 pins to connect 22-24 guage wire to, to take ground or +5 to other things around the supergun with. It also makes it easier to get the +5v to the 4 pins on the harness from the 1 on the power switch. and the 3 ground pins on the 5 pin din female socket to all of the things that need it inside of the supergun.

as for the +12v, you really don't need to take that anywhere so I usually just slide the 18 guage wire through the hole in pin 5 and then down through pin E which is directly below it. Then solder it in there tightly

here is a great picture from broken that explains the one wire to four pins.....

harness_1_wire_to_4_pins.jpg

Parts list:

18 guage wire
24 guage wire
light solder
15-30w soldering iron
sc200 powersupply
jrok
56 pin jamma harness
5 pin din female socket
red, white, yellow, and black rca jacks
2 male rca ends
dpst toggle switch
spst toggle switch
1 other toggle (has 2 in and 1 out for mono/stereo)
2 1k .25w resistors
2 10k .25w resistors
s-video male end
s-video female end
5 momentary push buttons

for controllers: 2 db15's

an LED (I like the 12v ones) :D

I thin that's it....

without mono/stereo switch
supergun_layout.jpg

parts:

same as above, without some stuff......lol

well, there you go

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
holy crap that schematic looks like ass...

If you'd like, I can whip up a lovely one in AutoCAD.

I made one last year, however the great crash of '03 lead to it being lost :oh_no:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
what? you don't like mywonderful artwork?

Don't even say a thing about my HAM shaped RCA jacks :very_ang:

lol :glee:

It's really just to show what goes where and to take the fear out of it....some people think it's impossible.....etc....

but this shows how easy it really is...

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
bah, no offense meant.

It looks quite correct from my experience.

I had an idea of making schematics like these and giving them to people so they can make their own consolized mvs units/superguns ect...

I wanted to piece together a complete manual for a tech project at school and I may just do that.

The_Chosen_One and Halox both own said schematics.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
hmm, interesting. I usually just mount up the jrok next to the backside of the unit where the s-vid and rca jacks are clearly exposed instead of running jumpers to another jack.

I think you have motivated me to make another schematic; only this time I think I'll remember to diagram the +5V to the controllers for the controller pro and cd pad.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I edited above...though it was a bit harsh :D

That sounds tight! This one is kinda just the basics, but I would love to see a more complete version...

and I am sure people will appreciate seeing diagrams not done on the basic windows 98 paint program,lol...but right now I don't even have photo-shop... :(

I hope to see it when you are finished. I just threw this together this morning in between loads of laundry for a friend.... :glee:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Pm me your address and I'll send one your way. This should kill an afternoon quite nicely.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
hmm, interesting. I usually just mount up the jrok next to the backside of the unit where the s-vid and rca jacks are clearly exposed instead of running jumpers to another jack.

I just didn't want to have to cut a hole that shape and this is only a couple bucks more and 6 more wires to hook up. I have seen people get the jacks seperate from the jrok itself but I don't want to solder onto the jrok. It's the most expensive part of the project and this way I don't have to plug or unlug stuff from it directly, or solder to it. Maybe it's a bit overcautious, but I still only consider myself an average solderer....

but.....I also wanted to mount my jrok in the open space where the cd reader would be under the lid of my dreamcast shell SG, so you could pop up the lid and see the jrok :)

dc3.jpg

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
lol sweet.

Did you hook it up so the little orange DC jewel on the front lights up?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
yep, but it's kinda more red now then orange...you can kinda see it on in that pic, but it's much brighter then that actually...

the dc power button powers it up too.... :)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Heh, Halox and I built one for his personal enjoyment from an old cable box.

I can't recall if it had an led or not.

It was a ton of fun (could have used more beer tho) and the shock of it working on the first try was enough to give me a heart attack.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
For the Jrok, I solder wires from the JROK pcb to the external svid and composite jacks.......

Stick with the MS paint shceme... it ownz CAD drawings.... I can't Understand cad drawings as well....

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
yeah, I love that first boot-up and having something work perfectly :D

The DC was my first SG and when it worked I almost shit bricks!! lol...

:buttrock:

I wish I knew anyone around here that was really into these things :(

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
For the Jrok, I solder wires from the JROK pcb to the external svid and composite jacks.......

maybe I just need to get some guts then,lol...

but to me right now...I would rather not take the risk if I don't have to....

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My first SG is the only thing I have ever Made, Modifies or build that workd on the first try.... That includes Cars, COmputers and Video game systems.... Seems like I always get something backwards, unconnected or messed up

But when I first hooked up my RElief pitcher PCB, Jamma Harness, PSU and speaker. I heard Jack Buck calling balls and strikes in demo mode... Nearly cried.

3 days latter when I got my JROK, IT worked on the first try......

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have a hard time convincing my brother how easy it is........

He thinks i'm a god because I can solder a bunch of stuff to gether and make it do something crazy....

He just can't see the vision beyond the components.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I have a hard time convincing my brother how easy it is........

He thinks i'm a god because I can solder a bunch of stuff to gether and make it do something crazy....

He just can't see the vision beyond the components.

A lot my friends are like that. Even ones who have dealt with electricity and should know better. Building an SG really isnt so complicated (there i go and say that and my SG isnt even done yet...yeah im lazy).

Oh and NGT, MSPaint schematics rule! :buttrock:

I'd like to see an Autocad one though. If you make one Magna, please have it so i can open it in Release 14.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
A lot my friends are like that. Even ones who have dealt with electricity and should know better. Building an SG really isnt so complicated (there i go and say that and my SG isnt even done yet...yeah im lazy).

Oh and NGT, MSPaint schematics rule! :buttrock:

I'd like to see an Autocad one though. If you make one Magna, please have it so i can open it in Release 14.

Should be done soon if i can stop surfing...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Fucking school shit computers :blow_top:

Should be done by the end of the week or early next week.

Or I may have a few hardcopies lying about

I'd like to make about a 10 page manual on an ANSI D size showing how to make a supergun or consolized mvs with a full parts list. I can even probably squeeze it off as a tech project for school and pimp an hour or two off my degree.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Logicdustbin said:
I can host it for download, if you want.

I know many people will want this:multi_co:

hey, great idea.

If you're not AutoCAD literate, you can download a program called VOLO viewer, which allows you to view acad files and print them.

I would have to cut things up since an ANSI D is 36"x24" and most people don't have access to plotters.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Im in need of a decent diagrams for superguns if anyones willing to do a good one to share please :D

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Im in need of a decent diagrams for superguns if anyones willing to do a good one to share please

If you can't look at mine and know what to connect to what, maybe you shouldn't be building anything electrical :spock: