SuperGun RGB output to a 15Khz Projector!?

Kristoff

Another Striker
Hello everyone,

I've had absolutely no time to catch up on my projects lately, but I'm hoping that with Christmas coming up, I'd get to tie a few loose strings together.

Basically, I have an Infocus X1 projector that I would like to feed a clean signal to for Neo games. I've had tons of problems feeding it an S-vid signal (flashing, vertical bouncing, etc...) and I'd pretty much given up on it (works fine for everything else though?!? Only messes up with the Neo MVS).

Anyway, after reading GAMEFAN's post about playing his Gun on a monitor, I got an idea. I know that my projector is supposed to be able to display signals as low as 15Khz, so would it be possible to send the projector an RGB signal from the Gun with success?

The input on the projector is a standard 15 pin din deal, just like a monitor. Would this just be a matter of matching up the RGB, Ground, and Sync? Just the 5 connections? Seems almost too easy...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Matt

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Kristoff said:
The input on the projector is a standard 15 pin din deal, just like a monitor. Would this just be a matter of matching up the RGB, Ground, and Sync? Just the 5 connections? Seems almost too easy...

If your projector does in fact take 15khz signals, then it is that easy.

You might have to make yourself an LM1881 sync stripper circuit if the projector doesn't like the MVS' native sync signal, but it's worth trying it as-is beforehand just to check.