Riding Hero link up AES to MVS.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Riding Hero link up AES to MVS.UPDATE/Done

I got a Riding Hero for the AES today..

I also bought this for the MVS...but it's not here yet..After I bought that non working Riding Hero MVS cart I went on a frenzy to get the game...
The MVS cart should be here in a few days..

So...
I want to "try"and link the Cab Game to the home system Game...I just need to make the cable..........

Cable Info please..

The AES Riding Hero book says you need a Stereo Cable..

Has anyone ever made the cable?Or know of what to buy.

I want to do this with League Bowling too...and post pics of all the games linked..
What other games can I do this with?

The AES cart has a silver label..Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
According to my League Bowling, all you need is a standard male to male stereo cable and it will work fine.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
WTF!!

I wasn't aware that you can link MVS to AES? Where can I find out more on this?

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Only a few games supported the link feature.

League Bowling and Riding Hero are the only ones I know of.

There is rumors about a linkable Kizuna MVS Proto but I have never seen it.

It requires 2 systems and the same cart for 4 player play.

More evidence that the Neo was far ahead of its time :D

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SeaWolf69 said:
WTF!!

I wasn't aware that you can link MVS to AES? Where can I find out more on this?

I'm not going to verify this by saying it's true..

I want to try and do it...thus meaning making the cable..etc.

Awhile back there was a thread about this,where a member stated he did the MVS to AES link..
The topic went on for awhile and he was going to check on some gameplay info while the games were linked..

I'm pretty sure the AES version of League Bowling doesn't have a Beer Frame intro during the game like the MVS does..
I wanted to know what happens when the games are linked with the Beer Frame option on..on the MVS..since the AES doesn't have that option or Beer frame intro on it.

When the MVS is linked to the AES and this(Beer Frame) Intro appears,what shows up on the AES screen..?
Does the game freeze up..?

I didn't get an answer....So I think the whole link up thing from AES to MVS may have not of been true..As great as the members info had sounded..
(Sorry whoever you are..;) )

I want to do it myself and take pictures of it...and post them..

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
chris1 said:
I'm not going to verify this by saying it's true..

I want to try and do it...thus meaning making the cable..etc.

Awhile back there was a thread about this,where a member stated he did the MVS to AES link..
The topic went on for awhile and he was going to check on some gameplay info while the games were linked..

I'm pretty sure the AES version of League Bowling doesn't have a Beer Frame intro during the game like the MVS does..
I wanted to know what happens when the games are linked with the Beer Frame option on..on the MVS..since the AES doesn't have that option or Beer frame intro on it.

When the MVS is linked to the AES and this(Beer Frame) Intro appears,what shows up on the AES screen..?
Does the game freeze up..?

I didn't get an answer....So I think the whole link up thing from AES to MVS may have not of been true..As great as the members info had sounded..
(Sorry whoever you are..;) )

I want to do it myself and take pictures of it...and post them..

If you need a League Bowling AES I will let you borrow mine to try out.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Decepticon said:
If you need a League Bowling AES I will let you borrow mine to try out.

Thanks Bro,Your the Best..

Yea,I still haven't got around to getting an AES version of League Bowling ..I'm slacking...
A game I really Love..

I'm going to try it with the MVS/AES Riding Heros I have first though..
Then I'll go nuts to buy a AES cart of League Bowling : )

I got my thoughts on a Neo 19 or small cab now to go next to the Big Red..

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I wouldn't bother making the cable Chris1, you can pick them up for pennies.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
BlackSpy said:
I wouldn't bother making the cable Chris1, you can pick them up for pennies.

Whoa,..Really..Where?...Please tell me,,That would be so much better..

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Whoa,..Really..Where?...Please tell me,,That would be so much better..

Its just a male to male stereo connector is what I've heard.

SSS

neo retired
chris1 said:
Can I get this is a Store like Radio Shack..?

They should. Just look at a pair of headphones for your walkman/stereo etc.. That 1/8 inch pin you see with the two dark bands. The cable will have those on both ends.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
They should. Just look at a pair of headphones for your walkman/stereo etc.. That 1/8 inch pin you see with the two dark bands. The cable will have those on both ends.

Sweet,Thank You..

So if I basically just tore two old headphones apart and spliced the wires together,this would be sufficient,Yes...?

SSS

neo retired
The only other thing that might be a problem is linking the two games under homecart and MVS mode. I don't know if that would work, unless of course you had the Unibios, or debug bios to match up the machine settings. Be interesting to find out.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
The only other thing that might be a problem is linking the two games under homecart and MVS mode. I don't know if that would work, unless of course you had the Unibios, or debug bios to match up the machine settings. Be interesting to find out.

Yes,your right...
This may be a major problem..

I need to locate that member who did this once and see what he did..

(I don't have this.(Unibios, or debug bios )

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I believe you can link up with Thrash Rally as well.

Yes, the Neo Geo was way ahead of the industry, as usual :)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Well I got the working MVS Riding Hero today(Gamesbyruss)

I now have the AES and MVS versions..+ that damn non working MVS Riding hero cart that I want to repair.

All I need to do is get the cable..

I'm just worried about a few things..
The MVS cart has two holes on top..one in and one out..wheras the AES only has one..hole..

Is that one hole an in or an out?

I also need to know if I'm risking anything by doing this..?

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Hmm my LB has only one too and I the manual doesn't say

I would do it as an in because MVS carts were linkable to 4 and AES are 2 at most IIRC

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I finally went through with linking up an US AES system to a MVS arcade machine..
AES to MVS
I used a US AES Riding Hero Cart
A Japanese MVS Cart..my US MVS Riding Hero Cart is dead,(old topic)Tested in this cab too and it doesn't work.:crying:

I put the Link cable that comes in with the AES Riding Hero Game in the inner input socket on top of the MVS Riding Hero Cart.and in the only whole that the AES cart has..

NOTE: I set the Uni Bios settings in the Candy Cab to US Console Mode..I didn't try it any other way..yet..

I'm using a 4 slot board with an UNI BIOS chip..The MVS Riding hero Cart was in slot one of the 4 slot board.
I used my older/used AES system...

I turned on the Cab and AES system together..
I selected Multiplayer game in the Riding Hero selection screen on the cab and it said (Just a Moment)
Then I did the same on the AES system...Nothing happened..It didn't recognize the AES.. though the screen on the AES said (Just a Moment)and I pressed start on both games..

So I started the Game on the AES first choosing Multiplayer and then on the cab and to my amazement it worked..:multi_co:

I don't know why it didn't work the other way around..It only would work if I started the game through the AES first.
Maybe I need to switch the Link Cable into the outer port of the MVS cart..?or my timing was off.
I didn't have someone here to actually try it with me so I just let the Bikes run by themselves running off the road etc..
I'll set this up again and see how fun it is to play against someone else and update.
The next game I do this with will be League Bowling..

I want to try MVS to MVS to AES soon..then MVS,MVS,MVS -AES..I can't do MVS,MVS,AES-AES like I would like to because the AES Riding Hero carts don't have two holes in them.

The only thing I need is more carts and link cables,but I have to see first if it'll work without the UNI BIOS being set in the cab to US Console mode before I proceed with buying extra carts etc.

SNKLINK1-2-3.jpg

SNKLINK1.jpg

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
Very cool, now im gonna have to invest in a league bowling home cart now.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
neo-geo 2 said:
Very cool, now im gonna have to invest in a league bowling home cart now.

Thanks..

Yea,me too..:D and another MVS cart..