Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in the head

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Yeah this happened in my home town. Crazy shit, talk about a fucking media frenzy.

They say it's up to 5 people in critical condition and 18 injured. Fucking crazy bastard.

Last edited:

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Certainly very shocking for me to see on the news and my Twitter feed when I woke up today. Just absolutely senseless and cruel.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Apparently she is out of surgery and still alive.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Apparently she is out of surgery and still alive.

Really? I just saw a live interview with a head surgereon who said she's still in the trauma ward.

Also, the shooter is offcially a child murderer, an injured child died in the hospital.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Really? I just saw a live interview with a head surgereon who said she's still in the trauma ward.

Also, the shooter is offcially a child murderer, an injured child died in the hospital.

I'm sure a guy that just shot 18 people feels just awful about that...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I worked for her in 2008. She was always unbelievably kind, remembered your name, wanted to know what was happening in your life. I actually bumped into her at a local park a month before the election, and she talked about what a brutal year it was on the campaign trail, how all the the threats and everything had worn her down a bit, but she was still very upbeat and optimistic about her work.

I'm just completely in shock. We are a sick, sick society.
The rhetoric, the demonization of political opponents, the endlessly dire tone of the political discourse in America has to change.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Since she didn't die I don't feel too bad about posting this.

eDr2J.png

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Latest news is that she's out of surgery and is responsive to commands, which is good. Lastest toll: 6 dead, 18 shot. with the gunman in custody.

aria

Former Moderator
Wow, shot in the head and still alive. It's amazing what can be done these days :). Good wishes to all those involved.

From the news reports, the bullet passed through her brain. Holy shit. Hope she's got all her abilities back, but I'm not completely optimistic.

A Federal Judge was also shot.

I hope this leads to a toning down of the vitriol. People can disagree, but some of the commentary in the past year was getting out of hand and it's not entirely surprising that some wacko took it too seriously.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
From the news reports, the bullet passed through her brain. Holy shit. Hope she's got all her abilities back, but I'm not completely optimistic.

I hope this leads to a toning down of the vitriol. People can disagree, but some of the commentary in the past year was getting out of hand and it's not entirely surprising that some wacko took it too seriously.

Federal Judge was killed. I like Goldhagen's term "eliminationism" for the rhetoric you're talking about. People aren't going to be more reasonable, but they might learn to recognize eliminationism as such when used and feel uncomfortable when they hear it.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Since she didn't die I don't feel too bad about posting this.

eDr2J.png

Listen, I know she had nothing to do with this but...

I REALLY hope this finally ends Sarah Palin's career and she can go back to fixin' Todd, er, Biomotor Unitron some vittles.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Federal Judge was killed. I like Goldhagen's term "eliminationism" for the rhetoric you're talking about. People aren't going to be more reasonable, but they might learn to recognize eliminationism as such when used and feel uncomfortable when they hear it.

I'm out of the loop, but I'm all ears.
Please do go on, good sir.
:)

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.

Yeah man, through was the part that amazed me :eek:. Some people take things waaaaay to serious like politics and stuff :oh_no:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I just know that I tend to stop taking a person seriously (or even start to consider them dangerous) when they define [political persuasion x] as a mental illness.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Does Palin have a stance on anything or does she just oppose stuff that isn't supported by republicans?

Is she still rambling about going maverick/rogue/pirate/etc?

Does she still identify Russia as an enemy even though PALIN is a russian last name?

Rade K

20 Year Member
Does Palin have a stance on anything or does she just oppose stuff that isn't supported by republicans?

Is she still rambling about going maverick/rogue/pirate/etc?

Does she still identify Russia as an enemy even though PALIN is a russian last name?

Palin is:

1. Christian, Evangelical Literal God over Secularism, Tollerance and Reason
2. Unhindered Gun ownership over registration, and responsible gun use (ie, not shooting out of a moving helicopter)
3. Convincing the world that her family is talented and special.

This is all Palin cares about. She does not have a politcal stance that I am aware of. As far as I'm concerned, guns are not an issue, nor is god.

I just don't fucking get her at all.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Palin is an embarrassment.

On behalf of America I apologize to the rest of the world.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Palin is an embarrassment.

On behalf of America I apologize to the rest of the world.

She's the political equivalent of Paris Hilton, 'cept she publically fucked McCain in a different way.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Heh.

Any new information come out about why the shooter did this attack in the first place?

I want to know what kind of firearm he used too :emb: