Geeeeeeeeeeeeese!

jon713

Camel Slug
So been playing FF Special for the past 2 hours and got all the way to geese and the damn bastard counters everything I do. Any tips on beating him? Level 4 even :crying:

While I am on the subject of Fatal Fury, From 3 to RBFF2, which is the best in your opinion and why? Never really played 3 and on, I remember having RBFFSpecial on my Saturn but thats about it. I thought this game was awesome especially the small intros to the stages. Tung is the man! :buttrock:

Anyways want to hear from the rest of ya!:D

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
RBS has the best style IMO and I even like the shitty annoucer. RB2 just improves a bit on the RBS formula but I don't like it that much....dunno, its something about its style that puts me off.

jon713

Camel Slug
"Oh, game over, man. Try again? No? Oh, then, see ya later, man."

Yea, I agree with the shitty announcer but somehow it fits??? The graphics are awesome I like the huge detailed sprites, and I noticed that the game is really smooth. It's a very underrated game IMO. Weird but I never saw this at the arcades, last FF I saw was 3.

Well I guess I need to pop them in and play them one by one to see which one I like best.:loco:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i just got a copy of rb2 and i like it but i definitely prefer rbs , i cant put my finger on why though:conf:.

cant help you out on geese anything level 4 and above and i generally get my ass handed to me when i get that far.:(

jon713

Camel Slug
i just got a copy of rb2 and i like it but i definitely prefer rbs , i cant put my finger on why though:conf:.

cant help you out on geese anything level 4 and above and i generally get my ass handed to me when i get that far.:(

I also just got a copy of RB2 but been playing special lately. The soundtrack kicks much ass. :buttrock:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
"Oh, game over, man. Try again? No? Oh, then, see ya later, man."

Yea, I agree with the shitty announcer but somehow it fits??? The graphics are awesome I like the huge detailed sprites, and I noticed that the game is really smooth. It's a very underrated game IMO. Weird but I never saw this at the arcades, last FF I saw was 3.

Well I guess I need to pop them in and play them one by one to see which one I like best.:loco:

Let's say the announcer is so bad he's good :D

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
I feel RB2 is superior. RBS is good, but the strings are way too easy and way too long. Gamer's need to feel rewarded for their efforts (this is where the game fails). A guy with 2 arms tied behind his legs could easily win with Nightmare Geese but RB2 Geese requires skill and precision and a lot of "just frame" inputs. In the right hands Geese is still a monster and you can appreciate the fight. I realise Geese is an exception but the rest of the cast is just as easy to use in RBS.

RBS suffers from a huge lack of unique strings. 90% of the cast can do the standard A, B, f+C, b+C, Special move. Those who can't like Sokaku and Duck King can still do decent damage from A, B, f+C, qcb+D. In Sokaku's case he can continue that string for extra damage.

My main issue with RBS is that turtling is hard to avoid at higher level. The characters with the biggest linesway "C's" will always have an advantage. NOBODY uses the other buttons because they're useless. It's linesway C or nothing. RB2 uses a triangle system when swaying so it's more balanced. RB2 limits the time you can spend on the opposing plane, so you're forced to fight.

The only drawbacks are that Duck King's and Sokaku's RB2 linesway specials are completely useless. They're just there for show.

jon713

Camel Slug
I feel RB2 is superior. RBS is good, but the strings are way too easy and way too long. Gamer's need to feel rewarded for their efforts (this is where the game fails). A guy with 2 arms tied behind his legs could easily win with Nightmare Geese but RB2 Geese requires skill and precision and a lot of "just frame" inputs. In the right hands Geese is still a monster and you can appreciate the fight. I realise Geese is an exception but the rest of the cast is just as easy to use in RBS.

RBS suffers from a huge lack of unique strings. 90% of the cast can do the standard A, B, f+C, b+C, Special move. Those who can't like Sokaku and Duck King can still do decent damage from A, B, f+C, qcb+D. In Sokaku's case he can continue that string for extra damage.

My main issue with RBS is that turtling is hard to avoid at higher level. The characters with the biggest linesway "C's" will always have an advantage. NOBODY uses the other buttons because they're useless. It's linesway C or nothing. RB2 uses a triangle system when swaying so it's more balanced. RB2 limits the time you can spend on the opposing plane, so you're forced to fight.

The only drawbacks are that Duck King's and Sokaku's RB2 linesway specials are completely useless. They're just there for show.

Thanks, thats good insight. Nightmare geese? Is he selectable?

wow :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAqUKhyXszU

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
In FFS, unlike the previous 3 "bosses", you can line sway in Geese Stage. Counter him when he jumps at you from the other line.

Last edited: