Legend of Heroes series?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
With all the Ys goodness we are getting, I'm thinking of giving this series a shot. Those Japanese designs I see in the games' covers really turn me off. Not to mention that the recent PSP games have received consideribly low scores. I'm still willing to try it at least though.

Anyways, I started reading about it, and it turned out to have branched off of the Dragon Slayer series. It was really confusing for me to try and sort the titles out in order. It reminded me of the Wonder Boy / Monster Land series. Can someone list all the games (and the systems they were on), and specify the following:

1) Where do the current Legend of Heroes 1 ~ 3 PSP games stand in the series

2) Where do the upcoming 3 games that Xseed is working on stand in the series

Edit:

- (1989) Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes

Released on various systems, including the TG-16 CD, which got a US release

- (1992) Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes II

Released on various systems. No US release.

- (1993) The Legend of Heroes III: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch

Originally made on PC-98. Remade on PSP, and saw a US release under the title: "The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch" (2006).

- (1996) The Legend of Heroes IV: A Tear of Vermillion

Originally made on PC-98. Remade on PSP, and saw a US release under the title: "The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion" (2005).

- (1999) The Legend of Heroes V: A Cagesong of the Ocean

Originally made on Microsoft Windows. Remade on PSP, and saw a US release under the title: "The Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean (2007).

- (2004) (2006) (2007) The Legend of Heroes VI: Sora no Kiseki:

A Trilogy that was released on PC, and then ported to the PSP. The PSP games will be translated and released in the US by Xseed.

So basically, the fuck up was with the PSP releases of III and IV in the US.

IV was remade on the PSP before III, and the US titling made it even more confusing.

Last edited:

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I can't really answer any of your questions, but I just wanted to add that the latest installment of the series, Zero no Kiseki, is coming out in Japan for the PSP in a few days. It looks really good, so I hope the Sora no Kiseki games do really well in the US (which they deserve to, cause they're awesome RPGs.) That way, we'll most likely also see Zero no Kiseki ("Zero Trajectory?") come to the US.

Here's a trailer for it that someone was kind enough to sub in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu2Udu0aFV8&feature=player_embedded

Also, I don't know how much this might help you, but here's a page with some info on LoH6:Sora no Kiseki games. I'd avoid reading the characters' profiles and be careful when reading about each game since there appear to be spoilers throughout.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/loh/loh6.htm

Last edited: