Bootleg Garou controversia

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'm the owner of the MVS garou pictured here:

<a href="http://www.jamma.nl/gallery/album04/acb" target="_blank">http://www.jamma.nl/gallery/album04/acb</a>

And somebody has commented this:

In case anyone is interested, this style of boot boesn't contain the last fight (with kain) or the ending sequences!!! BEWARE OF THIS CARTRIDGE! FOR ANYONE WHO SUSPECTS THEIR CART HAS SIMILAR PROBLEMS, CHECK TO SEE IF THE BOARD LOOKS LIKE THIS!!!
My reply:

I'm Amano Jacu from the neo-geo.com boards. I'm the owner of the garou pictured here. I've read your comment and I think you are getting it all wrong. To be able to fight Kain you need to meet certain conditions in your game (basically a lot of S ranks). I managed to fight him with my cart. In fact, in the bootleg versions of this game you ALWAYS get to fight Kain no matter what you do, and also you don't get an ending after beating him. If you don't see a true ending in this cart is because you haven't fought Kain. There was topic about this in the neo-geo.com boards, maybe we could search for it. I can be contacted at amanojacu@terra.es
Anybody has anymore info or can confirm me?

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
I remember you had asked about that cart a few months ago and HPMAN confirmed that your cart in the picture there is 100% original.

That cart with the wire and Masked ROMS are very common, I have seen that same cart several different times from other members.

slerch666

updyke,
I also have the same setup (with the wire). My nuts almost fell to the floor when I saw it, but after a few conversations on the boards here, I found out that this IS a real cart. I think the only carts that have the wire are Japanese carts. I THINK. Supposedly they will do this type of thing if a problem is found AFTER the production has begun. Rather than ditching a buncha carts, they just "repair" them and sell 'em. This generally only happens to JPN carts, as the ENG carts are supposedly produced later than their JPN cousins.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yeah, I remember some people stated my Garou was original, while some other weren't that sure...

What I want is confirmation or correction of the facts I stated in that comment, about the Kain's fight and endings in the bootleg versions of Garou.

prinsecharles

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i have the same garou mvs as you.
i think with the bootleg/prototype cart you fight bosses whether you fought well or not.
don't quote me on this tho .it does seem that on the prototype rom i use with mame that you always get to kain

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu:
Yeah, I remember some people stated my Garou was original, while some other weren't that sure...

What I want is confirmation or correction of the facts I stated in that comment, about the Kain's fight and endings in the bootleg versions of Garou.
Your garou cart is original if it is the one you gave the crc32 for with the UNIVERSE BIOS 1.1. To my knowledge no bootleg carts used the custom sma chip with scrambled P rom's and custom banking.

Raz

Raz

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yeah Raz, is the same cart I used for the CRC32 check. In fact I never doubted that my cart was original, it's just that there are quite a lot of people who thinks that any cart with EEPROMS is bootleg.