Brikin'ger/Iron Clad Coming To The Wii Virtual Console

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
That's absolutely awesome.
Last title I would ever think of too since I think everyone's kind of given up
hope on titles like this ever being ported.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
During the interview I asked a specific question about that stuff.
They replied that they can publish only the IP they own.

I didn't know Visco was under their umbrella (i.e. DataEast games are not), but this could lead potentially to this list of virtual console games:

*BangBangBuster*
-GoalGoalGoal
-Puzzle Da Pon!
-Puzzle Da Pon R
-NeoDriftOut
-Breakers
-Breakers Rev.
-FlipShot
-Bang Bead
-Ganryu
-Captain Tomaday
-AndroDunos

Actually most of them unreleased titles for home market.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Wow, that's pretty cool. I was expecting either KOF '95, SS3, or AOF 3.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
SNK IP's

Great information.

May not have been mentioned by them, but surely they own the IP's of FACE, because they published the unreleased 1994 zupapa in 2001 under their own label. And seeing as Treasure of the Caribbean was a FACE game, this could eventually lead to it surfacing as well.

Secondly, I am fairly certain that the relationship between Alpha & SNK has always been very close, most of the titles at launch were done by Alpha Denshi but released under the SNK label. Bottom Line, if titles like Magician Lord & Ninja Combat are available on the virtual console, then any Alpha game could be a future possibility. (and they hold the record for the most unreleased neogeo games by any one licensee)

It's ironic if you think about all this. To think that after all this searching throughout the four corners of the globe hoping against hope that some cartridge will turn up tossed on some shelf in some back room of some obscure arcade, and in the end we end up finding the games in our own homes by simply downloading them onto our modern home systems in an instant second of time.

pepharytheworm

Super Sidekicks 3
That's pretty cool but I would prefer a new SNK arcade collection vol. 2 with it on it. Are they every going to make a volume 2?

SSS

neo retired
So is this an ISO rip, or a Neo rom? I wonder if someone is going to extract a rom file from it, MVS version here we come.

So is this an ISO rip, or a Neo rom? I wonder if someone is going to extract a rom file from it, MVS version here we come.

that´s what I thought, it´s supposedly already on torrent, but it will take ages to download since it´s not a widespread file yet (5 seeders only).

The file size matches the other NG VC releases and so does the price.

The screen shot on the website also has individual credit counters while on the ngcd it´s just one but I´m not sure if this is relevant.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm going to encourage my Wii-owning brother to get this. If anyone ever gets a chance to play the Wii version, please confirm any differences from the NGCD (i.e. music).

I didn't know Visco was under their umbrella (i.e. DataEast games are not), but this could lead potentially to this list of virtual console games:

*BangBangBuster*
-GoalGoalGoal
-Puzzle Da Pon!
-Puzzle Da Pon R
-NeoDriftOut
-Breakers
-Breakers Rev.
-FlipShot
-Bang Bead
-Ganryu
-Captain Tomaday
-AndroDunos

Actually most of them unreleased titles for home market.
Slow down there. Ironclad is not from Visco. It's from Saurus. If it were Visco, it probably wouldn't be the good game it is.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
you obviously haven't played the Vasara series have you?
Nope, but the company generally did the poorer games on the Neo. Look at Captain Tomaday for an example of a Visco shooter for Neo. Decent graphics and presentation, but ridiculously short and slow gameplay. Ironclad completely slays it.

SSS

neo retired
Nope, but the company generally did the poorer games on the Neo. Look at Captain Tomaday for an example of a Visco shooter for Neo. Decent graphics and presentation, but ridiculously short and slow gameplay. Ironclad completely slays it.

First of all, Captain Tomaday is fucking awesome. Breakers/Revenge is an above average fighter very enjoyable. Neo Drift Out is the best racer on the Neo, and a blast to play. So what the fuck are you talking about?

I'll give you Puzzle De Pon, but generally their titles are quality games.

Last edited:
good news is that there is a rom file in it.

bad news is that I don´t have the expertise to convert it into teh romz, but from what I´ve reading looks totally doable.

SSS

neo retired

bad news is that I don´t have the expertise to convert it into teh romz, but from what I´ve reading looks totally doable.

awesome. forward it to werejag.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
First of all, Captain Tomaday is fucking awesome. Breakers/Revenge is an above average fighter very enjoyable. Neo Drift Out is the best racer on the Neo, and a blast to play. So what the fuck are you talking about?

I'll give you Puzzle De Pon, but generally their titles are quality games.
I like all the games you mentioned better than Tomaday. Tomaday is OK, but hardly awesome. If you've played all their releases on the Neo, you can't go without noticing the company's general mediocrity, especially compared to the high standards on the console.

Has anyone ever converted a Virtual Console rom? Has there ever been reason to before?

Has anyone ever converted a Virtual Console rom? Has there ever been reason to before?

no, but the opposite already happened:

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_estructura-de-los-juegos-de-neogeo-de-la-vc-inyectar-juego_1035570

yes, I could only find the info in Spanish. This thread contains all the information necessary to make normal rom archive into a WII neogeo VC game.bin file.

Our goal is to do the opposite.

Anyone who wants to take a crack at it is welcome to PM me.

SSS

neo retired
alright I think I found the file (not a torrent)

This is what I'm looking at:
ironclad.jpg

I'm assuming the .r0# are the rom files. I'm no expert but it doesn't look like the standard neo rom format.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Have you played it yet? I think one thing that would stand out is the music. I doubt the entire 35 megs would include ripped CD audio.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
this is legit mvs type roms? if so i know what im making soon

Have you played it yet? I think one thing that would stand out is the music. I doubt the entire 35 megs would include ripped CD audio.

no I don´t have a Wii and trying on somebody else system can brick the console if not properly done, I would have obtain some knowledge before attempting it.

SSS

neo retired
ok, I've gotten the 0000005.app extracted which supposedly contains the rom. It looks to be about 23mb. however ubTools is giving me shit about the corndlg32.ocx file that is included with it. can't run ubtools. :(

Asure

Captain Dick,
Almost everything is sorted out in my end, but i have no clue how to split up the actual bin file into P/C/M files.. anybody have a clue ? I hate it when things are so close i can almost taste it..

SSS

neo retired
some good news I guess, the game.bin is apparently a bunched up Neo Geo rom.