MVS schematics

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I'm offering a $50 bounty by PayPal for a copy of the MVS (MV-4?) schematics some members DO have. Scanned or copied and mailed is fine. I understand the quality isn't great but as long as it's pretty legible that's OK, I'm going to clean up and verify the diagram anyway.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The schematics should be made publicly available. Why are people still hording info for the Neo?

Hopefully you can find it.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Nightmare Tony has what your looking for but he rarely comes around and he told me the diagrams are lost in his place but he has them.

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I have a pretty good idea who else has them, but it does no good if they don't follow through or just don't want to share.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have a pretty good idea who else has them, but it does no good if they don't follow through or just don't want to share.

What other MVS schematics exist? From what I remember there is no AES schematic, correct?

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
What other MVS schematics exist? From what I remember there is no AES schematic, correct?
I'm not an authority but I believe the only schematics in circulation are MV-4, all copied from the same source. To me though that's OK since it's pretty much the ideal board being the most complete/discrete. Even much of the later revisions can be derived from it.

There's at least one AES schematic, well, sort of, my WIP. I've traced a bit of the core circuit but grown very bored with the many nameless ASIC signals. I don't have the time or hardware to analyze anything so the cryptic official names are especially important to me as they give a little insight as to what they do. Does that constitute trade secrets? Personally I don't think so since they don't reveal any logical functions but if you have the schematics and you do, I can give things more generic (in many cases better) names.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Is it on hardmvs somewhere?

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I gotta look in my stuff,I may still have them..

UPDATE.

No I don't have that..atleast anymore

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have the schematic for one of the one slots -- not sure what model it was since it's been forever since I've looked at them.

Drop me an email at jkurtz01@gmail.com if you still need them. I can try and scan them but that never turns out readable since the copy I have is already a poor quality copy.

It would be nice if someone would draw this up in Visio or something and then create a PDF. I just don't have time to do it myself.

Jeff

TheBakachan

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
E-mail sent. :P I'd love to vectorize the whole thing and output it in whatever format anyone wants. :D

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I know of no released 4 slot schematics, only the one for one of the 1 slot boards.

These boards are not difficult to repair in most cases. Check my repair logs for many many different repairs I've done over the years.

RJ

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I'm interested in 1-slot schematics if that's what's available. I'm also not after them for repairs; they will spare me a lot of reverse engineering and wear and tear on my hardware.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
I'm interested in 1-slot schematics if that's what's available. I'm also not after them for repairs; they will spare me a lot of reverse engineering and wear and tear on my hardware.

What are you up to? RAM based bootlegging/dumping device? Your own carts?
As we started with cart development those were only available in the inner circle...
Anyway, nearly all information to create your own carts are nowadays available freely in the net. The cartridge design is very simple, it took me around 1 day per board to figure out and I'm more a programmer than hardware engineer...

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have a couple people that have emailed me for the schematic that I have. I recently remodeled some rooms in my house and some of these things got boxed up and I haven't unsorted those boxes yet. As soon as I get a chance, I'll dig them out and try to make legible scans. Maybe one of you guys can make it into vector art and then create a PDF for everyone...

Jeff

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
What are you up to? RAM based bootlegging/dumping device? Your own carts?
As we started with cart development those were only available in the inner circle...
Anyway, nearly all information to create your own carts are nowadays available freely in the net. The cartridge design is very simple, it took me around 1 day per board to figure out and I'm more a programmer than hardware engineer...
Yeah, carts are pretty easy, I was able to figure out various ASIC logic without any special hardware, apart from the character multiplexer/shifter in home carts. I'm not too interested in making carts though, I don't see much good coming of that... For certain I would like to design a better/free MVS converter and maybe start a "NGoaC" (everything minus CPU cores).