My New CMVS NeoDrive II

brettster

n00b
Based on 300 wins CMVS I thought I'd do a Mega Drive II MVS Console.
I wanted to keep the design of the console as stock looking as possible to the original SEGA Console. So here are some pictures of my creation !!!
Neodrive%20with%20pads.JPG

Looking very console with Joypads

Neodrive%20Close%20Up.JPG

Close up on the Custom Decals

Neodrive%20Back.JPG

The back is pure Mega Drive II using the original PCB RGB out only and 5V in

Neodrive%20front.JPG

Tried to keep it looking stock while squeezing in the dual 15 way D's

Neodrive%20top.JPG

Really hard to think of a good way to make flaps

Neodrive%20inside.JPG

Inside is really simple, Removed a few un-needed items like the power amp and set the battery in a more horizontal position

Neodrive%20inside%202.JPG

Im using the original MDII power switch and a nice bright white LED for the power indicator. Not sure what to use the reset button for yet

Neodrive%20PSU.JPG

Nice and cheap Plug top switched mode PSU that came with a belkin USB 2 Hub perfect specs

Neodrive%20Pro%20Sticks.JPG

Strutting some Pro sticks (need to sort out the mixed up start + select buttons on the grey stick!!)

Neodrive%20Classic%20Sticks.JPG

and finally with the now huge looking classic sticks

Now for some thanks

Thanks to Xian Xi for his excellent Consolizing an MV1C Wiki
Razoola for the awesome UniBios 3.0
Derek for the awesome Vinyl Decals

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Awesome job man! Always nice to see how these projects turn out.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
that looks really slick. Makes me want to start on my 1C CMVS.

Realizing my 1FZ CMVS will probably end up being sold as soon as I complete my 1C makes me want to skip right to the 1C.

Still not sure what I'm going to put it in though, the MegaDrive case looks really slick and a perfect fit for the 1C.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Looks great! I think you should make the reset button coin just for shits and giggles. Also, how big are those jeans you have the console layed out on?? Is that a split apart pair or just one leg of a HUGE ass pair? Im interested now:tickled:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
maybe the reset button could open a gateway to hell or something.

Really awesome work man. Be proud.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Not bad it looks weird with the mvs cart sticking out of it.Still long as it works i assume it doesn't matter to much.Hmmm,one of days i like to switch to a cmvs MV-1C given how compact the board is.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks great! I think you should make the reset button coin just for shits and giggles. Also, how big are those jeans you have the console layed out on?? Is that a split apart pair or just one leg of a HUGE ass pair? Im interested now:tickled:

It already has a unibios so the select button becomes the coin button. And yes those are huge ass jeans or a weird tablecloth/bedsheet.

I would do test menu if you were going to do something like that... that way it's kinda like reset anyway.

Has a Unibios so it wouldn't be needed but I think it would be useful to make it the test button anyway so you can press it at anytime instead of doing a soft reboot then hitting B+C+D.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Great looking system. Good work and thanks for sharing. :)

brettster

n00b
Thanks for the kind comments guys. for everyones information it's a Denim Quilt Cover, not my huge ass pair of jeans :lol:
I also thought about using the reset button to the DIP that pauses the MV1C. but the UniBios also has that covered when in Console Mode the Select button does that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The reset button is momentary so you wouldn't have been able to do that anyway. But for pausing you can just bring up the unibios menu start+select.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Just saw you had this on Hack-a-day. http://hackaday.com/2009/09/02/neo-geo-case-mod/

The comments are amusing:

Looking at the pictures on neo-geo.com (a forum that should really be avoided if you have any brain cells) the board is the top loading one slots (mv-1c) that came later in the neo-geo’s life. Just before SNK started rolling out all-in-one boards for games like SNK vs Capcom.

brettster

n00b
I really dont understand why people dis these forums so much, Ive always found them to be pretty fun and helpful

maybe its something that happend in the past?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Awesome looking CMVS there:buttrock:

I really dont understand why people dis these forums so much, Ive always found them to be pretty fun and helpful

maybe its something that happend in the past?

They probably think they are special and should be treated as such.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
well the color scheme is a bit jarring, and people are allowed to have enormous animated signature pictures, which is a bannable offense on most other forums.

Otherwise I find it quite pleasant here, everyone was super helpful when I had noob CMVS questions.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
chances are, these people that don't like it here take the internet entirely too seriously. If you do and come here, of course you'll fucking think it's an awful place.

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
I am impressed with this CMVS as well. It's amazing what shells you can make for consolization.