KOF 2000 ON AES ?

Slims Corp

New Challenger
I have a KOF 2000 Jap for my home system now the ? is when i go to my debug mode and select MVS the game stops and tell me this error on screen
" THIS ROM CARTIDGE IS FOR USE WITH ORIGINAL SNK BOARDS ONLY COPYING OF SNK BOARDS IS PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT IN SEVERE CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT OF THE LAW "

In the middle of that a VER 2.30 00/04/25 comes up
Now the thing is that the game plays fine in normal home mode its only when i change it to MVS
This cart has A Gold Sticker on it so it looks real. can anyone tell me if this is a flaw in the game or something.

- also if i set the game up as home and then switch to mvs it will work. aslong at there is credits already on player 1 or 2 if not it will check the rom version again

if some one could help me out i would just like to know everything is fine with the game.

-slims

Slims Corp

New Challenger
Also like to add that when you start a game just on the first slection screen and switch to mvs mode the game works and then you can add credits and play.

when the neo geo start the gigi power is on screen but no audio and then a round sysmblo comes up and then the red warning.

- i just want to know is this normal for the game not to play mvs.
is it a bug in the cart.
the cart looks real came with book and snap lock box. in mint cond. so i dont really think its boot.

if you know post please. thanks

SSS

neo retired
Nothing is wrong with your cart. That screen is normal. It is put in as encryption. It is supposed to stop illegal uses of the game (ROMzz)
Maybe your debug chip is old, or dip switch setting? I don't know that much.. maybe someone else can help you out. Your game is fine.

Slims Corp

New Challenger
Thanks for the info i hope some one can help me out is there any mvs dip switch setting i can use to defeat the red warning,

Thanks again

slims

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
Your cart is not bad at all. KOF 2000 is encrypted, this is why you get the error message.

To avoid getting the error message simply power up in Home mode. Wait until you get to the character selection screen. Then switch over to MVS mode. This way you won't get the error message. ;)

What part of New York are you from?

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: KaedesBlade ]</p>