Bootleg SF4s Surfacing?! Real or Unreal?

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hey guys, I have come across some interesting information. So around where I live there are many arcades that actually carry SF4. The prices vary per play on the game ranging from $0.50 - $1.00, $0.50 is at the really good arcades. Anyway, people started to hear of this one random Indian video store that had gotten Tekken 6 and SF4 on HD cabs and Korean sticks but the cost per play was only $0.25!!! Now I have not been to this place yet but they are getting mad heads there day after day. People were wondering how they could afford something like this without losing money. Supposedly the board that the guy has for SF4 is a bootleg from China. Rumor has it that they are making the bootlegs over there and selling them for around $1000. Can anyone confirm this so we can watch out etc. Any info would be great.

-Tha Hindu

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Depends dude, could be he set the difficulty high so people keep popping quarters in.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's PC based and therefore easy to hack and repurpose a PC for, see the BEMANI series (which runs on PC) for one such example. I wouldn't be surprised.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
It's PC based and therefore easy to hack and repurpose a PC for, see the BEMANI series (which runs on PC) for one such example. I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, I was thinking some what the same thing but supposedly the Taito X2 was supposed to have far superior protection and was supposedly very very hard to crack. Don't know but guess they found a way. Anyway, I have some contacts that sell arcade items from China and have asked if they know anything about it. Hopefully they can clear the air.

-Tha Hindu

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Dosent sound like a bootleg to me from what you said. More like a operator who has good business sence.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
interesting indeed.... let us know more.... Im coming down to LA next week and will be looking for some comp... where is this place?

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
...that is the most mentally disturbing video I've ever seen. The sole fact, that someone had the brain capacity to think that up and then *actually* put it into action... :oh_no:

Clessy

Banned
Are we sure that video isnt of actual in game footage from street fighter 4? I mean that game does look like complete shit.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Still have not heard back from my sources over seas. I don't know if they'll be able to find anything out though. I have talked to some more people and they are confirming that there are bootleg SF4s in China running rampant and have been around for a little while now. This is one reason that more and more SF4 machines are popping up here in the US at random places. Supposedly it's basically the same thing that happened to IIDX and such. So it's just running on a pc that has XP. I'm not sure if you need 2 pcs to run head to head on SF4 since only 1 board supports 1p or if 1pc can run 2p. I just really want to find out more lol. Hey, if it's real I'll buy a copy to send to some guys I know so they can take a look at it.

-Tha Hindu

P.S.: @setharnott

IDK where that specific place is, it's somewhere in West Covina. If you want to go to some place that has good comp for SF4 along with other games and has a great atmosphere and cabs go to Denjin Arcade in Simi Valley. Best arcade in the nation hands down!!!

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Capcom should have never released it on a PC platform in the first place...

They should have just used an Xbox or PSIII based arcade platform.

Anyways, I don't know how much the booting will hurt capcom... Since there are no arcades in America anyways.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Okay, I found a supplier that can get me one of these. I'll keep you guys posted. I should have pics and vids in around a month.

-Tha Hindu

P.S.: It seems that in the vid they gave C. Viper viperesque moves. So I thought it was hilarious why she had viper beam and volcanic viper.

Last edited:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Okay, I found a supplier that can get me one of these. I'll keep you guys posted. I should have pics and vids in around a month.

-Tha Hindu

P.S.: It seems that in the vid they gave C. Viper viperesque moves. So I thought it was hilarious why she had viper beam and volcanic viper.

Woah.

pm sent.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I just now stumbled across this thread, but i'm going to check my "source" and see what the deal is. I'll also report back here if I find anything out.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I just now stumbled across this thread, but i'm going to check my "source" and see what the deal is. I'll also report back here if I find anything out.

Hopefully your source has access to these. I had to go through around 5 or 6 that kept looking but could find nothing. Finally I got word from a friend that his friend/supplier was the one who told him about it in the first place. Of course he advised him not to buy it since of course you'd make like $500 but someone will find out about it and Capcom will be all over you. Of course I'm not putting this in a store or anything, just for dumping and examining purposes.

-Tha Hindu

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Hopefully your source has access to these. I had to go through around 5 or 6 that kept looking but could find nothing. Finally I got word from a friend that his friend/supplier was the one who told him about it in the first place. Of course he advised him not to buy it since of course you'd make like $500 but someone will find out about it and Capcom will be all over you. Of course I'm not putting this in a store or anything, just for dumping and examining purposes.

-Tha Hindu

That would be the same with me. There would be no way I would put it up on location anywhere. (Like I have any place anyways).

it's 10:22 A.M. over in Toyko right now, so I might hear something when I get home from work later tonight. I'll keep you posted.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If this is true, then it is a sad thing, but is not unexpected.