Forum merges

aria

Former Moderator
After experimenting the past few years with breaking specific topics into their own subforums, we have decided to merge a number of them back into larger topics.

The following forums were merged, all topics in those forums were moved to the target forum:

Crap (originally Next Gen) --> Unrelated Topics

King of Fighters --> Game Play

24-bit --> General Discussions

A/V and all its subforums --> Unrelated Topics

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
That's for the better. I strongly support your decisions and choices. :)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Only issue for me is that Unrelated needs a few things unstickied, a bit cluttered up there. Could probably undo the Virtual Console and Wii Number threads so long as Next-Gen doesn't have its own forum anymore.

Move the 1cc thread to Game Play.

Might be time for the Saturn Gamer memorial thread to become a memorial page.

Hell, un-sticky all of them.

jekbrown

New Challenger
sounds like a plan to me. I think Hyper64 and arcade could be merged too...

aria

Former Moderator
Only issue for me is that Unrelated needs a few things unstickied, a bit cluttered up there. Could probably undo the Virtual Console and Wii Number threads so long as Next-Gen doesn't have its own forum anymore.

Move the 1cc thread to Game Play.

Might be time for the Saturn Gamer memorial thread to become a memorial page.

Hell, un-sticky all of them.

Good points: I've unstuck the "old time" threads, I've moved the 1CC to gameplay.

I've unstuck SaturnGamer's memorial thread --but I haven't been able to edit the pages to create new memorial pages for him or Sifl.

aria

Former Moderator
sounds like a plan to me. I think Hyper64 and arcade could be merged too...

Hyper-64 has nostalgic purposes that may keep it as a subforum as a big forum, but probably not completely removed.

As for arcade, I thought of merging possibilities, but do people have any suggestions?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Hyper-64 has nostalgic purposes that may keep it as a subforum as a big forum, but probably not completely removed.

As for arcade, I thought of merging possibilities, but do people have any suggestions?

Merge it into General Discussion.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member

I thought he meant "merge hyper into arcade"... but that obviously wouldn't happen before it were merged into a more general Neo related forum.

This post is just a cover for me to say: Me heart arcade.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I agree that things are much better this way. The board was getting entirely too cluttered. Unrelated may get a bit crowded, but the consolidation should make things appear busier with more new posts happening in one place.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Merge handhelds with unrelated.

Or even better, create a non-neogeo gaming section that includes handhelds.

Neo-Geo Pocket topics can be either moved to General, or merged with the Hyper 64 topics in a newly-named section.

aria

Former Moderator
Merge handhelds with unrelated.

Or even better, create a non-neogeo gaming section that includes handhelds.

Neo-Geo Pocket topics can be either moved to General, or merged with the Hyper 64 topics in a newly-named section.

The Merged forums are not available in the UAE, but our engineers are working on it!
icon35.gif

Seriously though, I think handheld is actually pretty good... I like that it no longer focuses on the Pocket and instead gets pretty active threads on DS, PSP, etc.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
All the mergers look good, except I'm with Forever Sublime, keep Arcade. :D

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Hmm..NOt feeling overwhelmed any longer..starting to get the urge to post once again.
I would want to see Online Gaming and Hyper-64 nuked before Arcade Central.
The Hyper-64 forum should just be a very large faq at this time.Any additional discussion about it can take place in NEO•GEO General Discussion.
BB

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
There's a lot of info on the Hyper Neogeo 64 which is spread out among a lot of people (and a lot of really old posts). A consolidated, HTML-based FAQ with images and such would definitely not be a bad thing. I recall, at one point, I translated a lot of the diagrams on the Rev2 Hyper (mostly pointing out which plugs didn't go anywhere).

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I love how everyone here actually cares about how the forum is set out. I guess it's too hard to press the back button and click a bit more.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I love how everyone here actually cares about how the forum is set out. I guess it's too hard to press the back button and click a bit more.

You're darn right I care about the layout... now how do I hide this post? Ignore list... ignore list... ah, there we go. :p:glee::p

Jerk. ;)